• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two unrelated ones..

Mr Person

A Little Bitter
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
1. Is there a way to see who visited your profile recently in order and I'm missing it? (Even better, could I hope it's time-stamped?)

I hope the mods can at least see it for *ahem* reasons *ahem*, but it'd be nice to see it myself, if I could. Though not everything transferred over, obviously.

2. I ended up clicking on "current visitors" which appears to refer to visitors of the site. Among other things, I see:

Robot.png

What's going on with that? I know we're a public forum. You can certainly find upstairs posts by searching google for their contents. Is there some way people are accessing this through facebook? Does it mean Facebook is for some reason scouring/harvesting something from forum posts? Etc.

1. Is there a way to see who visited your profile recently in order and I'm missing it? (Even better, could I hope it's time-stamped?)

I hope the mods can at least see it for *ahem* reasons *ahem*, but it'd be nice to see it myself, if I could. Though not everything transferred over, obviously.

2. I ended up clicking on "current visitors" which appears to refer to visitors of the site. Among other things, I see:

View attachment 67370848

What's going on with that? I know we're a public forum. You can certainly find upstairs posts by searching google for their contents. Is there some way people are accessing this through facebook? Does it mean Facebook is for some reason scouring/harvesting something from forum posts? Etc.
1. I don't know, but I remember DP's previous platform let you see who was looking at your profile. If the current platform doesn't have this feature, maybe it's something the administrator can add.

2. This is interesting, but not surprising. Those "robots" are webcrawlers. Search engines use them...they usually make their own...and other crawlers are made by companies who then sell the information they've harvested. Just part of the modern internet.

There are probably a hundred or more webcrawlers/bots on this site at any particular time. Harvesting data.

Although you will never see a member here from China, Chinese government bots do indeed visit DP everyday.

1 - not possible

2 - web crawlers, there are literally hundreds of these and many are on our site around the clock

Back
Top Bottom