• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two prosecutors leading NY criminal probe into Trump RESIGN after new DA Alvin Bragg raised 'serious doubts' about the case

jcgriff2

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Two prosecutors leading NY criminal probe into Trump RESIGN after new DA Alvin Bragg raised 'serious doubts' about the case: Probe grinds to halt with NO witnesses questioned for a month​

By ELIZABETH ELKIND, POLITICS REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 14:54 EST, 23 February 2022 | UPDATED: 15:01 EST, 23 February 2022

Two prosecutors leading a criminal tax fraud investigation into Donald Trump and his family business have abruptly resigned, it was reported on Wednesday.
Attorneys Carey R. Dunne and Mark F. Pomerantz stepped down from the case after new Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg expressed doubts over moving forward with a case against Trump, the New York Times reported.
Sources close to the investigation said it had ground to a month-long halt in the middle of prosecutors' presentation of evidence to a grand jury.

As I said often... EVERY single dem investigation into Trump goes NOWHERE because no crimes were committed.

We can can this one now - https://debatepolitics.com/threads/...s-manhattan-da-taking-over-trump-case.469091/

Two prosecutors leading NY criminal probe into Trump RESIGN after new DA Alvin Bragg raised 'serious doubts' about the case: Probe grinds to halt with NO witnesses questioned for a month​

As I said often... EVERY single dem investigation into Trump goes NOWHERE because no crimes were committed.

We can can this one now - https://debatepolitics.com/threads/...s-manhattan-da-taking-over-trump-case.469091/
Where it really gets questionable is that the statute of limitations on tax fraud in New York State is like 3 years, and Trump was not personally involved
in things like property appraisals within that time frame.

Even the Far-Left hack DA doesn't think Trump committed a crime. :LOL:
Well there goes one more pipe dream the democrats were counting on!
You just have to laugh how they get pulled along with every stupid
conspiracy story. No doubt they are cooking up something else they can latch on
and dream their crazy dream of president Trump in Jail. ;)
:eek:

Sources close to the investigation said it had ground to a month-long halt in the middle of prosecutors' presentation of evidence to a grand jury.
Bragg's team has also reportedly not questioned any witnesses for more than a month, after postponing a plan to grill at least one person absent the DA's go-ahead.

• The grand jury convened for the Southern District of New York's investigation is expected to see its term expire in April, severely hampering the probe
  • Probe has reportedly stalled for weeks without witness testimony or evidence
  • It's not immediately clear why Bragg appears to be pulling back from it
  • The SDNY investigation is separate from a civil tax fraud probe being run by New York Attorney General Letitia James, which Trump was deposed for
  • He hasn't been accused of wrongdoing in either of the investigations
  • A former SDNY prosecutor said the top attorneys' resignation means it's 'dead.

Where it really gets questionable is that the statute of limitations on tax fraud in New York State is like 3 years, and Trump was not personally involved
in things like property appraisals within that time frame.
There is no statue of limitations for fraudulent returns.

There is no statue of limitations for fraudulent returns.
What would tax fraud in New York State look like if it were not related to a tax return?
If there is a 3 year statute of limitation on tax fraud, it includes things any fraud that may be in the state tax return.

What would tax fraud in New York State look like if it were not related to a tax return?
If there is a 3 year statute of limitation on tax fraud, it includes things any fraud that may be in the state tax return.
I have no idea what you're trying to say.

I have no idea what you're trying to say.
State tax fraud, is lying about something on the tax return, and has a statute of limitations in New York State of 3 years,
They are one in the same thing.

As many have said from day one....you need a flipper to make a criminal case like the one the DA is trying to make. These cases are too complicated to make without a guide. No flipper....no case. The DA still does not have a flipper.

There is a good civil case here. But unless they get a flipper, the. DA's office likely cannot make a criminal case.

You know this has already generated charges, right?

You know this has already generated charges, right?
Yea...against Weisselberg and I think a few other underlings that are not flipping. I don't think getting Weisselberg will be considered a victory by anybody.

They just can't resist that temptation of getting him with something is just too great. It makes me wonder if these people think about the consequences of their accusations when they make them. Do they think it's not going to come back and get them? Maybe.

Its laughable that the idiot left sits back jerking off to their fantasies of Trump being arrested for tax fraud while they picture both Trump and the Trump corporation sitting down like they do filling out a 1040 trying to fabricate shit to claim. Trump and the organization have literal TEAMS of accountants. Their income isnt based on pocket change, coins in the sofa, and their checking account based on a paycheck to paycheck existence. This whole investigation has been a fraud, just as the idiot leftists in congress pressing a corrupt impeachment process and the piece of shit leftist in the FBI lying to the FISA courts to fabricate investigations based on known fraudulent evidence. The greatest casualty in all of this has been the death of the last shred of integrity the idiot left had while they cheered on the corruption in the name of political gain.

good call

Well there goes one more pipe dream the democrats were counting on!
You just have to laugh how they get pulled along with every stupid
conspiracy story. No doubt they are cooking up something else they can latch on
and dream their crazy dream of president Trump in Jail. ;)
:eek:
i know, right?

Back
Top Bottom