• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two Presidents In One

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
“The main contribution of some of my friends on the other side of the aisle have made in the fight against ISIL is to criticize this administration and me for not using the phrase ‘radical Islam.’ That’s the key, they tell us. We can’t beat ISIL unless we call them radical Islamists. What exactly would using this label accomplish? What exactly would it change?”

—Obama, June 14, 2016.

“Don’t tell me words don’t matter! ‘I have a dream.’ Just words? ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.’ Just words? ‘We have nothing to fear but fear itself.’ Just words, just speeches?”

—Obama, February 16, 2008.

And, of course, if words don't matter then the DOJ would have no trouble in releasing the whole, unredacted Mateen transcript from the Pulse attack, but apparently they are very much afraid that do words matter quite a lot.

the irony is that the reason he wont say it is because he believes words matter

here some quotes from George bush who agrees with him

“Our enemy doesn’t follow the great traditions of Islam. They’ve hijacked a great religion.”

“They’re terrorists. And we are not at war with Islam. We are at war with people who have perverted Islam.”

“Ours is a war not against a religion, not against the Muslim faith. But ours is a war against individuals who absolutely hate what America stands for.”

“The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself.”

“There are thousands of Muslims who proudly call themselves Americans, and they know what I know — that the Muslim faith is based upon peace and love and compassion.”

The idea that those wishing to establish an Islamic state has nothing to do with Islam is a hard sell without some serious editing of statements made by its proponents.

Back
Top Bottom