• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two people found living in man-made cave in San Francisco

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

San Francisco real estate is expensive, but this is ridiculous.

While excavating the site of an old bridge in the Vallejo area of San Francisco, construction workers found two people living in a man-made cave they carved into the side of an embankment.

The workers alerted authorities after hearing voices and “dozens of police, firefighters and rescue workers from Vallejo and nearby agencies converged on the bridge at Sacramento Street and Farragut Avenue,” according to the San Francisco Chronicle. Inside the 20-foot-long, three-foot-high cave, they found two unidentified people who were removed and are now in the process of being relocated.
=======================================================================
I had heard that SF had not improved since I was there last but this is ridiculous.

While excavating the site of an old bridge in the Vallejo area of San Francisco, construction workers found two people living in a man-made cave they carved into the side of an embankment.

The workers alerted authorities after hearing voices and “dozens of police, firefighters and rescue workers from Vallejo and nearby agencies converged on the bridge at Sacramento Street and Farragut Avenue,” according to the San Francisco Chronicle. Inside the 20-foot-long, three-foot-high cave, they found two unidentified people who were removed and are now in the process of being relocated.
I had heard that SF had not improved since I was there last but this is ridiculous.

20ft long and 3 foot high? That's a lot of back breaking work.

Wow. Talk about off the grid.
I wonder if they had a mail box.

While excavating the site of an old bridge in the Vallejo area of San Francisco,
Vallejo might be considered part of metropolitan San Francisco, but only in the sense that Newark, New Jersey is part of metropolitan New York city. Vallejo is on the far side of San Francisco Bay, three counties and about an hour's drive from San Francisco.
1618445544721.png

Back
Top Bottom