• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two of our worst GOP administrations in my time won by the electoral college yet lost the popular vote

Time to allow young citizens to vote beginning at age 16! How are 16 year old citizens unfamiliar with history, politics and climate change? It's in their face 24/7. The comprehension level of many young people certainly provides a great deal of encouragement.

The electoral college is supposed to guarantee that populous states can’t dominate an election, but it also sets up a disparity in representation. Number of Votes should be all that matter not which state the votes come from.

Hillary Clinton surpassed Donald Trump by more than 2 million votes, but lost the electoral college 306 to 232. In raw votes, it was the largest popular-vote lead in history for a candidate who lost the election.

Time to allow young citizens to vote beginning at age 16!

Can they vote while playing video games?(LOL)

I say the Electoral College must go as it has attracted obscene amounts of campaign dollars and mountains of misinformation commercials. The Electoral College does not allow every vote to count.

I say we the voting taxpayers should decide on medical insurance coverage, not elected officials who accept money from the insurance industry for their campaigns. Not only is this corrupt, it increases the cost of coverage.

I say the courts should have no say in elections results. Voters must always have the final word. Elected officials are using the courts to bypass the voters.

I say no lifetime appointments ever.

I say term limits should be set at two years for appointed and elected officials approved by the voters.

I say no more retirement benefits for appointed or elected positions. Retirement benefits cost us taxpayers too much money and are obviously not based on performance.

I say no Congress can interfere with appointment process such as not bringing forward a candidate, aka Mitch McConnell’s tactic when Barack Obama was president.

Little do you know that citizenry reform already would take care of all that

Time to allow young citizens to vote beginning at age 16! How are 16 year old citizens unfamiliar with history, politics and climate change? It's in their face 24/7. The comprehension level of many young people certainly provides a great deal of encouragement.

The electoral college is supposed to guarantee that populous states can’t dominate an election, but it also sets up a disparity in representation. Number of Votes should be all that matter not which state the votes come from.

Hillary Clinton surpassed Donald Trump by more than 2 million votes, but lost the electoral college 306 to 232. In raw votes, it was the largest popular-vote lead in history for a candidate who lost the election.
Still doesn't mean dick. The EC was rightly established to ensure AGAINST mob rule. And that's exactly what you get with direct democracy.

Back
Top Bottom