• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two of our worst GOP administrations in my time won by the electoral college yet lost the popular vote

Trump/Pence

You must have made an error.

President Trump is AWESOME!! The Democrats loathe him because he is a WINNER who fights for the American people.

If Trump/Pence were truly bad then this upcoming election would seem like a very easy task for the Harris/Biden team. Yet. you (and other Democrats) seem undeniably VERY nervous. Some Democrats are having full on psychopathic meltdowns (see below).

One of the most important and consistent truths about deception is that we are all mostly honest. Most people tell one or two small lies per day, on average, and there are only a few prolific liars in our social circles.

Rates of interpersonal deception — the lies I tell you and you tell me — have been remarkably stable in deception research over time. But, as others suggested, something is unusual about President Trump. His rate of deception has increased since taking office.

As of early April, Trump has told 23.3 lies per day in 2020, a 0.5-lie increase since 2019. What’s more, Trump has averaged 23.8 lies per day since the first case of COVID-19 was reported in the US — another 0.5-lie increase. Even during a pandemic, when the public needs to trust and rely on him the most, deception remains a core part of the president’s playbook.

What’s unusual about Trump is not just how often he lies, but what he lies about and where he communicates his lies most often.

I evaluated Trump’s 18,000 reported lies organized by topic. If Trump lied consistently, we would see a relatively flat distribution of falsehoods over time and across topics. Instead, bursts of deception tend to repeat on the same topic, particularly about guns, the economy, education, and elections.

President Trump's lies over time by topic.

DAVID MARKOWITZ

What’s also remarkable is the steady increase in Trump’s lying on public-facing platforms such as Twitter, in speeches, and during remarks. President Trump seems impervious to the threat of detection or harsh public opinion. He continues to deceive at record-setting rates using forums that amplify his lies, rather than hide them.

President Trump's lies over time by location.

DAVID MARKOWITZ
Recently, journalists have taken measures to curb the spread of Trump’s lies and harmful recommendations to the public. Some news outlets, for example, have stopped airing his press briefings and others are limiting their coverage of him.

The problem here is that mainstream media coverage of President Trump is a relatively constrained avenue for his lies. Tweets, on the other hand, have speed and scale: they travel fast and are distributed globally. They also leave a record, allowing lies to remain public and therefore, in competition with truths.

i say if Lindsey Graham wins his election we give it to his competitor (who would have less votes).

makes sense, right?

The Electoral College was wisely instituted to ensure that urban shitholes never get to dictate the national agenda, let alone decide the Presidential Election. Sorry, not sorry it drives the loony Left even more insane, but we were never meant to be a direct democracy in any stretch.

You must have made an error.

President Trump is AWESOME!! The Democrats loathe him because he is a WINNER who fights for the American people.

If Trump/Pence were truly bad then this upcoming election would seem like a very easy task for the Harris/Biden team. Yet. you (and other Democrats) seem undeniably VERY nervous. Some Democrats are having full on psychopathic meltdowns (see below).

Trump fights for white racists. There, fixed it for you.

i say if Lindsey Graham wins his election we give it to his competitor (who would have less votes).

makes sense, right?

Thumbs up absolutely .......

GW Bush has quite a number of lies on the books as well

Bush Misleads they were called and there were plenty.
Nowhere near as many as the liars who claimed Bush Lied about WMD.
Grounded, rational people understand he was told by the CIA that Iraq had WMD. It's common knowledge.

Liars claim he was told something different.

Bush/Cheney and Trump/Pence

The electoral college is the Republicans' only hope from now on. They will NEVER win the popular vote again. And they know it.

But yeah, the devastation to this country caused by both of these corrupt administrations has been an absolute tragedy.

Bush/Cheney and Trump/Pence
And the country will suffer through a generation with five horrible SCOTUS judges because of it.

The electoral college is the Republicans' only hope from now on. They will NEVER win the popular vote again. And they know it.

But yeah, the devastation to this country caused by both of these corrupt administrations has been an absolute tragedy.
That is most likely true for the foreseeabe future.
" Vote for us and we'll give you more free shit than them" is unfortunately a very powerful platform.

And the country will suffer through a generation with five horrible SCOTUS judges because of it.
I think you meant to say-judges who will rule by law instead of desired of desired result.

" Vote for us and we'll give you more free shit than them" is unfortunately a very powerful platform.
Mexico pay for that wall yet?

Well, better than having a weak president that stands by and allows 200,000 Americans to die and then blames others. Yeah, YOU vote for that.

if Mitch McConnell wins his election let's give the victory to his opponent (with less votes).

One of the most important and consistent truths about deception is that we are all mostly honest. Most people tell one or two small lies per day, on average, and there are only a few prolific liars in our social circles.

Rates of interpersonal deception — the lies I tell you and you tell me — have been remarkably stable in deception research over time. But, as others suggested, something is unusual about President Trump. His rate of deception has increased since taking office.

As of early April, Trump has told 23.3 lies per day in 2020, a 0.5-lie increase since 2019. What’s more, Trump has averaged 23.8 lies per day since the first case of COVID-19 was reported in the US — another 0.5-lie increase. Even during a pandemic, when the public needs to trust and rely on him the most, deception remains a core part of the president’s playbook.

What’s unusual about Trump is not just how often he lies, but what he lies about and where he communicates his lies most often.

I evaluated Trump’s 18,000 reported lies organized by topic. If Trump lied consistently, we would see a relatively flat distribution of falsehoods over time and across topics. Instead, bursts of deception tend to repeat on the same topic, particularly about guns, the economy, education, and elections.

President Trump's lies over time by topic.'s lies over time by topic.

DAVID MARKOWITZ

What’s also remarkable is the steady increase in Trump’s lying on public-facing platforms such as Twitter, in speeches, and during remarks. President Trump seems impervious to the threat of detection or harsh public opinion. He continues to deceive at record-setting rates using forums that amplify his lies, rather than hide them.

President Trump's lies over time by location.'s lies over time by location.

DAVID MARKOWITZ
Recently, journalists have taken measures to curb the spread of Trump’s lies and harmful recommendations to the public. Some news outlets, for example, have stopped airing his press briefings and others are limiting their coverage of him.

The problem here is that mainstream media coverage of President Trump is a relatively constrained avenue for his lies. Tweets, on the other hand, have speed and scale: they travel fast and are distributed globally. They also leave a record, allowing lies to remain public and therefore, in competition with truths.

Facts are on the table....

For the Constitutionally deficient Leftists, let me educate you. America was never, and will never be a direct democracy, thank the Sovereign God of Creation, Jesus Christ. The Electoral College was wisely implemented to prevent the few urban shitholes from dictating the agenda to the rest of the freaking country. This means that Uber-Leftist Commiefornia cannot dictate to the good citizens of Ottumwa, Iowa in any shape or form, how to govern their fair town, for example. Small town America is far more important than the urban shitholes.

Given trump is surging among the black the hispanic and the non college white vote while biden is holding steady among the elderly white vote and the college educated white vote, I think your statement is nothing but pure dreaming.

At the rate things are shifting, in ten years california might be a republican state and texas a democrat state, and republicans griping a democrat won the electoral vote but not the popular vote.

If you did not figure it out the democratic party is shifting towards the party of old white men and radical extremists, if trends continue it will end up like the southern move again where the democrat party will be the conservative party and the republican party the liberal one. I never envisioned any republican directly competing in the polls for the poor and minority votes, trump just ripped up nearly every demographic trend since nixon.

Given trump is surging among the black the hispanic and the non college white vote while biden is holding steady among the elderly white vote and the college educated white vote, I think your statement is nothing but pure dreaming.

At the rate things are shifting, in ten years california might be a republican state and texas a democrat state, and republicans griping a democrat won the electoral vote but not the popular vote.

If you did not figure it out the democratic party is shifting towards the party of old white men and radical extremists, if trends continue it will end up like the southern move again where the democrat party will be the conservative party and the republican party the liberal one. I never envisioned any republican directly competing in the polls for the poor and minority votes, trump just ripped up nearly every demographic trend since nixon.

I'm assuming you're joking, right?

Popular vote is a meaningless number.
Popular vote means dick when it comes to the Presidential election. I tell you though. Had the Benghazi Bitch been foisted upon us, you would be hearing nothing but high praises for the system working as it should.

I'm assuming you're joking, right?
Not joking just read the polls on educated vs non educated whites and hispanic and black support for trump, trump is somehwere near 30% support from blacks and 40% from hispanics, something darn near unheard of for blacks, and rare for hispanics(bush jr reached a higher % though on hispanics) Then look at trump doing well with non college educated whites but doing poorly with college educated whites and elderly voters.

Trump is literally eating the democratic base and the democrats are eating the republican base, if the trend continues neither party will be how you remember it. The last major shift was with nixon when in a shoort time the democrat and republican parties had a massive polarity shift, the conditions are currently pointing to a high probability of it happening again.

If they do win the popular vote and the electoral college in November after all the ballots are counted, would you accept the results, or just consider it evidence he stole the election?

Back
Top Bottom