• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two of our worst GOP administrations in my time won by the electoral college yet lost the popular vote

Popular vote means dick when it comes to the Presidential election. I tell you though. Had the Benghazi Bitch been foisted upon us, you would be hearing nothing but high praises for the system working as it should.

If Hillary is the Benghazi Bitch, does that make Trump the COVID-19 ****?

If they do win the popular vote and the electoral college in November after all the ballots are counted, would you accept the results, or just consider it evidence he stole the election?

Trump cannot win the popular vote. The polls make that clear. Biden is doing much better than Clinton was, and Clinton still won by 3 million votes.

:ROFLMAO:

This silliness again.

What does the 'popular vote' win you? The fact is there are 2-3 crowded leftist shithole states that love their commie rat socilaists and the rest of us dont give much of a **** about them.

Heres some good news for you. It may take a few more elections but we are creeping up on the point of idiocracy where the deranged leftsist shitheads may actually gain enough in numbers to win the elections. Then the heroes of the idiot left will start imposing policies that will turn all of the idiots that vote democrat into the same kind of oppressed peasants that populate Cuba, Venezuela and the other commie socilaist shitholes. You will then learn what 'winning' does to you.

Trump cannot win the popular vote. The polls make that clear. Biden is doing much better than Clinton was, and Clinton still won by 3 million votes.
So that's a no, if Trump wins the popular vote, you will not accept the result. Doesn't that make you the same as Trump supporters claiming the only way Biden wins is voter fraud? If not, please explain.

So that's a no, if Trump wins the popular vote, you will not accept the result. Doesn't that make you the same as Trump supporters claiming the only way Biden wins is voter fraud? If not, please explain.

No, I will not accept it. Trump is going to try to stop all votes from being counted, anyway. His plan is to block all mail-in ballots from being counted after election night, but there is no way all the mail-in ballots will be counted on 3 Nov. And Democrats are going to have a huge advantage in mail-in ballots.

So, no, I will not accept it.

This silliness again.

What does the 'popular vote' win you? The fact is there are 2-3 crowded leftist shithole states that love their commie rat socilaists and the rest of us dont give much of a **** about them.

Heres some good news for you. It may take a few more elections but we are creeping up on the point of idiocracy where the deranged leftsist shitheads may actually gain enough in numbers to win the elections. Then the heroes of the idiot left will start imposing policies that will turn all of the idiots that vote democrat into the same kind of oppressed peasants that populate Cuba, Venezuela and the other commie socilaist shitholes. You will then learn what 'winning' does to you.
I don't agree with your use of perjoratives, but I agree with the premise that wanting a direct democracy is shortsighted, will ultimately backfire on them (thinking they'll always be the most popular) and would destroy the Republic.

This silliness again.

Funny you say that. There are at least 10 Nazi Repug states that I feel the same way about.

And, of course, you're not denying that I'm correct. No Repug Presidential candidate will win the popular vote for at least the next 20 years. The Repug Party is now the party of overt shameless racism, thanks to your embrace of Trump. Not to mention that the Repug Party is now a death cult that wants people to die of COVID-19.

No, I will not accept it. Trump is going to try to stop all votes from being counted, anyway. His plan is to block all mail-in ballots from being counted after election night, but there is no way all the mail-in ballots will be counted on 3 Nov. And Democrats are going to have a huge advantage in mail-in ballots.

So, no, I will not accept it.
Ok, at least you're honest about it. I still think that puts you in the same camp as those claiming MIB fraud as the only way for Biden to win. I think there is no way to know what will happen. I wouldn't trust a poll with that much certainty, because certainly it will only give you a false sense of confidence in the outcome.

I don't agree with your use of perjoratives, but I agree with the premise that wanting a direct democracy is shortsighted, will ultimately backfire on them (thinking they'll always be the most popular) and would destroy the Republic.

What's destroying the Republic is a Nazi racist mentally ill **** like Trump. Not the ****ing popular vote.

Ok, at least you're honest about it. I still think that puts you in the same camp as those claiming MIB fraud as the only way for Biden to win. I think there is no way to know what will happen. I wouldn't trust a poll with that much certainty, because certainly it will only give you a false sense of confidence in the outcome.

So you're saying the telephone polling is wrong by more than 10%? That makes you the extremist, not me.

The Electoral College was wisely instituted to ensure that urban shitholes never get to dictate the national agenda, let alone decide the Presidential Election. Sorry, not sorry it drives the loony Left even more insane, but we were never meant to be a direct democracy in any stretch.

No, that was NOT why the EC was "instituted". <--Period

Whatever affect the EC is having now, it is failing in it's original duty.

Hamilton in Federalist 68 gave these reasons for the EC. To insure that foriegn influence is eliminated, that preexesting bodies of men can't influence the presidential election, That only "men of high caliber" could attain the Office of President and that " Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity" that would beguile the general population "would not suffice" to attain the office of President of the United States and that a sitting President could not use his office to ensure his continued Presidentcy.

The EC has failed in its originally concieved duty. <--period

What's destroying the Republic is a Nazi racist mentally ill **** like Trump. Not the ****ing popular vote.
Actually, what it looks like, is that kind of rhetoric coming from both sides (as admonished above), with each equally certain of the outcome and the opposition acting in a worst case scenario way. The dehumanization, lack of empathy, and overall divisiveness is what is dragging us all down. We used to compromise, now it looks like all or nothing, winner takes all, violence on the table.

So you're saying the telephone polling is wrong by more than 10%? That makes you the extremist, not me.
I'm not claiming anything other than polls are not a reliable predictor of outcomes, especially in tight national races with many variables.

This isn't a tight race.
That's the story you're taking from the polls. I'm saying there could be variables not taken into account or future events that could change that. There hasn't even been a debate yet.

Actually, what it looks like, is that kind of rhetoric coming from both sides (as admonished above), with each equally certain of the outcome and the opposition acting in a worst case scenario way. The dehumanization, lack of empathy, and overall divisiveness is what is dragging us all down. We used to compromise, now it looks like all or nothing, winner takes all, violence on the table.

Except I have a reason to be "certain" of the outcome -- look at the polls.

The Trump racist dumb **** supporters have no reason to be optimistic, except for the fact that they know Trump will do everything he can to steal the election.

That's the story you're taking from the polls. I'm saying there could be variables not taken into account or future events that could change that. There hasn't even been a debate yet.

Yeah, that right. Are you now a polling expert, too?

Except I have a reason to be "certain" of the outcome -- look at the polls.

The Trump racist dumb **** supporters have no reason to be optimistic, except for the fact that they know Trump will do everything he can to steal the election.
First part, that's what you said last time. Second part, you're forgetting Trump is a populist with a motivated and engaged base, and Biden is full as dishwater, nobody is excited for a Biden campaign except for that it's not Trump. I don't even think Harris is bringing much excitement to the ticket. Maybe you're right, but we'll never know, because whatever happens, the other guy cheated.

First part, that's what you said last time. Second part, you're forgetting Trump is a populist with a motivated and engaged base, and Biden is full as dishwater, nobody is excited for a Biden campaign except for that it's not Trump. I don't even think Harris is bringing much excitement to the ticket. Maybe you're right, but we'll never know, because whatever happens, the other guy cheated.

The polls said Clinton was going to win by 2% - 3% and she did. The polls were not wrong, but you are.

Secondly, people don't have to be excited about Biden. I promise you this -- all Democrats are TERRIFIED of another 4 years of Trump. Fear is always a bigger motivating factor for voters, which is why Trump is in deep shit if this is a free and fair election.

And that is your intellectual laziness, claiming that Trump has a legitimate claim of cheating by Democrats.

Bush/Cheney and Trump/Pence
There is a direct correlation. Neither tried to govern as President of the United States, only of the red States.

The polls said Clinton was going to win by 2% - 3% and she did. The polls were not wrong, but you are.

Secondly, people don't have to be excited about Biden. I promise you this -- all Democrats are TERRIFIED of another 4 years of Trump. Fear is always a bigger motivating factor for voters, which is why Trump is in deep shit if this is a free and fair election.

And that is your intellectual laziness, claiming that Trump has a legitimate claim of cheating by Democrats.
I don't find fearmongering convincing either. I didn't say Trump has a legitimate claim to cheating by Democrats, I said I think you're both full of shit. Go ahead and count on the polls, I hope it works out for you. I haven't lived in a Trump America, so I'm speaking solely as an outside observer that last voted for Obama in 2008.

I don't find fearmongering convincing either. I didn't say Trump has a legitimate claim to cheating by Democrats, I said I think you're both full of shit. Go ahead and count on the polls, I hope it works out for you. I haven't lived in a Trump America, so I'm speaking solely as an outside observer that last voted for Obama in 2008.

200,000 dead and millions of unemployed require "fear-mongering" by Democrats? Really???

Trump has a record. And his record sucks shit.

You make zero sense.

200,000 dead and millions of unemployed require "fear-mongering" by Democrats? Really???

Trump has a record. And his record sucks shit.

You make zero sense.
Polls can't tell the future. All I'm saying is, maybe don't put all your eggs in that basket. It's OK to acknowledge, however small the probability may seem now, that you could be wrong, Trump could win with the popular vote and EC, or Biden could win with just the EC.

Polls can't tell the future. All I'm saying is, maybe don't put all your eggs in that basket. It's OK to acknowledge, however small the probability may seem now, that you could be wrong, Trump could win with the popular vote and EC, or Biden could win with just the EC.

Trump can win the popular vote ONLY if there is voter suppression. Period.

Trump has lost at least 10% of his support among Republicans in the past 4 years. And there is NO ONE who voted for Clinton in 2016 that is going to vote for Trump now. Again, you make zero sense.

Bush/Cheney and Trump/Pence

So what? What is your point?

Popular vote doesn't decide the presidency, it never has---not even when the popular vote is more, just doesn't work that way.

The United States is a Constitutional REPUBLIC. You should look up what that means. We are a "United STATES". We would not have become a United States if the proposal had been back in 1789 that the more populous states could decide every election; the smaller rural states would have never signed on to that for good reason. Doesn't mean that the sum total of the more populous states combined cannot win every election if they are in agreement. But it does mean that when the contest is close, the smaller states have some power; they have to be heard; candidates and parties need to consider them--- a brilliant check and balance.

Without the Electoral system we would become dictatorship ruled by California and New York.

Back
Top Bottom