• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two numbers.

Torus34

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The United States of America, at present, represents 4.3% of the total population of the world.

The United States of America, at present, has reported 17% of the total world deaths from the4 Covid-19 viral epidemic.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

The United States is the cross road for the world. People traveling from all points
of the world to come here. Kinda makes sense.

The United States is the cross road for the world. People traveling from all points

That’s not how this percentage works. We have the death rate of a shithole nation. Or we did under the former guy.

The United States of America, at present, represents 4.3% of the total population of the world.

The United States of America, at present, has reported 17% of the total world deaths from the4 Covid-19 viral epidemic.

Yeah, but did you see how the UK had a Hire death rate?

Holy guacamole!

And Biden had 2 vaccines when he came into office thanks to the Trump administration warp speed..

1621336605494.png

While I believe strongly Trump totally mishandled the pandemic and as a result caused innumerable needlessly lost lives, I don't think those numbers likely adequately reflect the right percentage of deaths. I suspect deaths worldwide are much much higher than reported, both because of autocratic regimes that wanted to suppress their numbers and the lack of the ability of third world countries to accurately count and report deaths.

Perhaps you need to look at how well of a shitty Job your own state of NY did with COVID?

While I believe strongly Trump totally mishandled the pandemic and as a result caused innumerable needlessly lost lives, I don't think those numbers likely adequately reflect the right percentage of deaths. I suspect deaths worldwide are much much higher than reported, both because of autocratic regimes that wanted to suppress their numbers and the lack of the ability of third world countries to accurately count and report deaths.

Hi!

All I could state as facts were the figures I posted. There are any number of suppositions which could be appended. Some may be right. Some may be wrong.

Speaking of sense, a quote from Mr. Donald Trump, Feb. 26, 2020:

“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done...We’re going very substantially down, not up.”

“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done...We’re going very substantially down, not up.”
...and they criticize Biden for his mangling of words .LOL

...and they criticize Biden for his mangling of words .LOL

Criticizing's easy. So is down-putting and mocking. It's a heck of a lot more difficult to recognize someone as an equal -- as a fellow member of h. sapiens -- and give him/her the respect due.

Trumpism.

Perhaps you need to look at how well of a shitty Job your own state of NY did with COVID?

I am glad you asked!

New York was seeded before we knew the virus was in the country and quickly became the epicenter of the world. Cumo took ownership of the situation and and took NT from nearly 25% infection rate down to under 1%..

A model for the world on how to control the virus.

Much respect to NY.

Trumpism.

Hi!

The pandemic tested the capability of our federal government to deal with a nation-wide major problem. It also exposed some of the shortcomings of;

A). A republic form of democracy, and

B). A high degree of political polarization in both the governments [federal, state and local,] and the population at large.

We, an inclusive we, were tested and found wanting.

So what?

<debate forum

Ours are probably higher too.

Once again the left are spreading this false lie. China and other country's numbers are highly dubious and can't be trusted and India is finding uncounted bodies everywhere. Who knows how many uncounted deaths due to Covid there actually are around the world?

Once again the left are spreading this false lie. China and other country's numbers are highly dubious and can't be trusted and India is finding uncounted bodies everywhere. Who knows how many uncounted deaths due to Covid there actually are around the world?
That may very well be true, but there are people out there who may have had covid and/or died or covid back in the 2nd half of 2019 that we don't know about. Why? Because who knew about covid in those months. If the symptoms are flu like, they were treating for flu. We didn't even start testing g for covid till 2020. For all we know we were having covid deaths in late 2019 that weren't attributed to covid because covid wasn't even on the radar.

These numbers should include description of the criteria used to flag a death as "from" COVID-19 and how that criteria varies from nation to nation. To wit,

- In the US, if a person died and at the time of death they tested positive for the COVID virus, they likely were recorded as dying from COVID. So, the U.S. number could be thought of as a "no more than" tally.

- In China, if a person died, a member of the government will determine how it is reported and the numbers are kept to a minimum to protect national image. So, the China number could be thought of as a "no less than" tally.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

And while I don't believe it is for nefarious reasons, I'd bet the US has underreported as well.

Back
Top Bottom