• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two more Census workers blow the whistle

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Two more Census workers blow the whistle

You know the old saying: "Everyone loves a charade." Well, it seems that the Census Bureau may be playing games.

Last week, one of the millions of workers hired by Census 2010 to parade around the country counting Americans blew the whistle on some statistical tricks.

The worker, Naomi Cohn, told The Post that she was hired and fired a number of times by Census. Each time she was hired back, it seems, Census was able to report the creation of a new job to the Labor Department.

Below, I have a couple more readers who worked for Census 2010 and have tales to tell.

Read more: Two more Census workers blow the whistle - NYPOST.com

:lol: I guess that's one way to "create jobs". But seriously though, how many could they get with this practise?

:lol: I guess that's one way to "create jobs". But seriously though, how many could they get with this practise?

Here's a note from a Census worker -- this one from Manhattan:

"John: I am on my fourth rehire with the 2010 Census.

"I have been hired, trained for a week, given a few hours of work, then laid off. So my unemployed self now counts for four new jobs.

"I have been paid more to train all four times than I have been paid to actually produce results. These are my tax dollars and your tax dollars at work.

Read more: Two more Census workers blow the whistle - NYPOST.com
If he goes back one more time they'll claim he is overtrained... ROTFLMAO.

Well, work it out yourself.... if each worker is hired and fired 3 times, and there are a million workers total, how many jobs could you claim over the million there really are? :mrgreen:

Has anything this administration done to inflate job numbers lead you to believe they wouldn't do this?

Back
Top Bottom