• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two men from The Villages admit to casting multiple ballots in 2020 election

Two residents from The Villages confessed to voter fraud charges after filing two ballots in the 2020 Presidential election, court records show.
….
Ketcik and Halstead are registered Republicans. It is unclear if they knew each other.
Before moving to The Villages, Barnes previously held an address in Connecticut, according to an arrest report.

Ketcik was accused of casting an absentee ballot in Michigan and voting by mail in Florida, an arrest report said. He turned himself in to be booked at the Sumter detention center Dec. 8.

==========
I guess there was voter fraud (edited) in the 2020 election, both Republicans.
I wonder if all the repugs whose family members died from the pandemic will try to use the deceased member's ballots in the upcoming elections. The Trump Party repugs know they can't win elections without cheating via fraud or voter suppression. So far, the small amount of fraud has been right wingnuts.

Baby steps. Now open your eyes to the rest of it.
Right..... 1,353 known cases of voter fraud over 40 years of elections. I figure 2B voters over that time frame, that works out to an instance of voter fraud of 1 in 1,500,000. Any operations guru would tell you that a process with that kind of error rate is near a prefect process. There is NO voter fraud. T

The only real voter fraud is the suppression of legitimate voting by tightening eligibility based on the notion that there is voter fraud.

I've been living in flori-duh before the villages existed, now they are within several miles of my home. God's waiting room, I like that one but in reality it is disney for retirees and the families who own the villages are far more wealthy than the undertakers. It's an amazing place just not for me.
I have been there, no thanks,

But to each there own. I will grow old disgracefully. I am sure it's not a good fit.

Reminds me of a British holiday camp

One foot in the grave 😎

Baby steps. Now open your eyes to the rest of it.
Except these baby steps have been revealed many times since the 2020 election. 95% of them have been republicans. Now where is the proof for "the rest of it"?

That's been asked a gazillion times here and elsewhere with no valid answers. Until you can show me proof that democrats had some wild conspiracy to steal the election, comments like yours are useless.

Good point. Although those dudes were discovered sooner than 18 months late it still should not be happening at all as you put it.

We need ethical purging of the voter Rolls in all of the states and a better system to keep folks from sneaking in a vote in more than one state. That just might take some doing, either all the states come together and devise a system they will all use and adhere to or it will take the Fed stepping in. It can be done, but will it be done?
And people traveling State to State to cast a vote sounds realistic?

Good point. Although those dudes were discovered sooner than 18 months late it still should not be happening at all as you put it.

We need ethical purging of the voter Rolls in all of the states and a better system to keep folks from sneaking in a vote in more than one state. That just might take some doing, either all the states come together and devise a system they will all use and adhere to or it will take the Fed stepping in. It can be done, but will it be done?
Why should it, it's not a systemic problem. Though you are certainly attempting to push the idea on a false premise.

Trump lost because he sucked enough for 7 million people to fire him. Do you know how bad a President needs to be to loose reelection? I suppose Jimmy now has some company in the one term loosers club.

Voting is supposed to be on a state by state basis. Too much power in the hands of the federal government is scary.... and really inefficient.

But... there's not that much variation - other than the states which don't do it. Some level of standardization would be easy... because the standard has already been established with Real ID. Simply require a state issued ID. Require the states to provide a free ID for voting. Make the state ID database the voter roll. Moves, deaths, residency status, baked into the system. Then you have 58 systems (with territories and DC) to cross check.

First of all, nobody cross checks.

Second, the idea of automatically providing a free voter ID to everyone eligible will never get Republcian votes.

They could care less about the integrity of the voting process. They just want to make sure that only the “right“ people vote.

But it is entertaining to see a hard core trump apologist promote Democratic ideas.

I happen to agree with you.

Of course, implementing your idea would require federal action, as standardization won’t happen any other way. Many countries automatically register voters once they’re old enough, and hand them a voter ID. The whole idea of voter registration is a throwback to the days when many voters had just got off the boat.

Last edited:
You can add the former head of the Freedom Caucus, and Trump co conspirator, Mark Meadows to the list of people who tried to vote in two separate states and got caught at it!

First of all, nobody cross checks.
Many voting registrars do cross check the voter rolls against other databases. They don't compare between states, but this was a 'what can we do to prevent the incident above' discussion.

Second, the idea of automatically providing a free voter ID to everyone eligible will never get Republcian votes.
Really? Because most states which require voter ID provide this.

They could care less about the integrity of the voting process. They just want to make sure that only the “right“ people vote.
False - that's rhetoric.

But it is entertaining to see a hard core trump apologist promote Democratic ideas.

I happen to agree with you.

Of course, implementing your idea would require federal action, as standardization won’t happen any other way. Many countries automatically register voters once they’re old enough, and hand them a voter ID. The whole idea of voter registration is a throwback to the days when many voters had just got off the boat.

"Hard core trump apologist" - getting some mud slinging in there? lol. That's false.

"Democrat" ideas? lol. Voter ID? Coordinated effort to maintain the voter rolls. Really?

It would require federal action. Of course, this would need Democrat support.

Two residents from The Villages confessed to voter fraud charges after filing two ballots in the 2020 Presidential election, court records show.
….
Ketcik and Halstead are registered Republicans. It is unclear if they knew each other.
Before moving to The Villages, Barnes previously held an address in Connecticut, according to an arrest report.

Ketcik was accused of casting an absentee ballot in Michigan and voting by mail in Florida, an arrest report said. He turned himself in to be booked at the Sumter detention center Dec. 8.

==========
I guess there was voter fraud (edited) in the 2020 election, both Republicans.

Disgusting. Republican frauds. Cheaters.

How much do you want to bet these vile assholes were spreading the Big Lie, and joined in the chorus with the other morons that Trump lost because illegals were voting everywhere?

Many voting registrars do cross check the voter rolls against other databases. They don't compare between states, but this was a 'what can we do to prevent the incident above' discussion.

Really? Because most states which require voter ID provide this.

False - that's rhetoric.

"Hard core trump apologist" - getting some mud slinging in there? lol. That's false.

"Democrat" ideas? lol. Voter ID? Coordinated effort to maintain the voter rolls. Really?

It would require federal action. Of course, this would need Democrat support.

I never said that they didn‘t. They don’t cross check with other states, which is the subject of this thread. The Motor Voter Act of 1996 requires that all voter rolls be verified before elections. That’s why you get that card that says do not return confirming your status as a registered voter.

The GOP learned to game this by running voter caging operations, which are specifically designed to disinfrachise voters by having third party political consultants audit voter roles and challenge the registrations of their target voters. Often, the voter gets kicked off the rolls without ever knowing it.

Voter caging is illegal, but its a hard case to make.

This tactic was used with considerable success in Florida in 2000, where it was deployed on a massive scale. The GOP has run, or tried to run voter caging operations in battleground states ever since. And has been caught most times.

No state in the United States automatically registers voters when they come of age. Many other democracies to. The United States does not.

Claiming fact is rhetoric does not make it rhetoric. Perhaps the GOP politicians who have openly admitted the real objective of this voter fraud red herring were indulging in “rhetoric”/

Yes, the idea of standardizing voter ID and standardizing voting rules is a Democratic idea.

As I noted before (and you danced past), the GOP will not support your ideas. They mean more people will be eligible to vote. And the GOP does not want that.

And these ideas have Democratic support. They always have.

Are you now deciding that what you thought was a good idea before you found out that they all have been Democratic proposals, are now bad ideas.

How partisan of you!

Republicans find even more voter fraud in The Villages, those damn Democrats keep voting twice...oops I mean Republicans​

ud7ma5k1ENRds2AB4GfRR55njPc5RV2VBMrgoa0yQ7A.png

I never said that they didn‘t. They don’t cross check with other states, which is the subject of this thread. The Motor Voter Act of 1996 requires that all voter rolls be verified before elections. That’s why you get that card that says do not return confirming your status as a registered voter.
You literally said "First of all, nobody cross checks.".

The GOP learned to game this by running voter caging operations, which are specifically designed to disinfrachise voters by having third party political consultants audit voter roles and challenge the registrations of their target voters. Often, the voter gets kicked off the rolls without ever knowing it.

Voter caging is illegal, but its a hard case to make.

This tactic was used with considerable success in Florida in 2000, where it was deployed on a massive scale. The GOP has run, or tried to run voter caging operations in battleground states ever since. And has been caught most times.
Annnnnddddd... we're back to the partisan rhetoric.

Claiming fact is rhetoric does not make it rhetoric.
your statement was false, and rhetoric.

Yes, the idea of standardizing voter ID and standardizing voting rules is a Democratic idea.

As I noted before (and you danced past), the GOP will not support your ideas. They mean more people will be eligible to vote. And the GOP does not want that.

And these ideas have Democratic support. They always have.

Are you now deciding that what you thought was a good idea before you found out that they all have been Democratic proposals, are now bad ideas.

How partisan of you!

lol. No, not a Democrat idea. Democrats have consistently opposed voter ID, maintaining voter rolls, and other efforts to try to ensure the integrity of voting.

The concept of the voter id law isn't BAD per say. However, when it comes to getting acceptable ID, a number of the southern states made it increasingly difficult to get said id in rural, predominately poor and black counties. They used such tactics of requiring people to go to the DMV, and then closing the DMV in those counties, or very strongly limiting hours and access to it. There were other tactics that were instituted to make it much more difficult for the rural black communities to be able to get id too.
That is the exact political gamesmanship crap that has to stop!

That is the exact political gamesmanship crap that has to stop!
Just to give a source for that

Why are 9 out of 10 of these voting twice crimes committed by deplorables?

The concept of the voter id law isn't BAD per say. However, when it comes to getting acceptable ID, a number of the southern states made it increasingly difficult to get said id in rural, predominately poor and black counties. They used such tactics of requiring people to go to the DMV, and then closing the DMV in those counties, or very strongly limiting hours and access to it. There were other tactics that were instituted to make it much more difficult for the rural black communities to be able to get id too.
This is largely rhetoric with a few facts sprinkled in.

Yes, state issued ID's are normally created through the DMV. That's pretty normal. That's what happened before ID's were required for voting. The vast majority of people are able to do this... and already have state issued ID's. No, it's not always convenient or fun.

Many states (Texas as an example) have been working to make getting ID's (really driver's licenses) easier with expanded operations, better staffed locations, etc. The notion that anyone is trying to make getting an ID harder now, or targeting 'poor and black people' - is ridiculous.

Just to give a source for that

That has happened in Texas as well.

This is largely rhetoric with a few facts sprinkled in.

Yes, state issued ID's are normally created through the DMV. That's pretty normal. That's what happened before ID's were required for voting. The vast majority of people are able to do this... and already have state issued ID's. No, it's not always convenient or fun.

Many states (Texas as an example) have been working to make getting ID's (really driver's licenses) easier with expanded operations, better staffed locations, etc. The notion that anyone is trying to make getting an ID harder now, or targeting 'poor and black people' - is ridiculous.
Te issue is when there is a purposeful effort to eliminate certain parts of the population from being able to vote.

Te issue is when there is a purposeful effort to eliminate certain parts of the population from being able to vote.
That's rhetoric, not reality.

Voting rights Bill voted down in Senate 51 D's to 50 R's, filibuster raises its ugly head, again.

Back
Top Bottom