• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two men from The Villages admit to casting multiple ballots in 2020 election

Voting is supposed to be on a state by state basis. Too much power in the hands of the federal government is scary.... and really inefficient.

But... there's not that much variation - other than the states which don't do it. Some level of standardization would be easy... because the standard has already been established with Real ID. Simply require a state issued ID. Require the states to provide a free ID for voting. Make the state ID database the voter roll. Moves, deaths, residency status, baked into the system. Then you have 58 systems (with territories and DC) to cross check.
Who established Real ID as a voting "standard?"

Two men from The Villages admit to casting multiple ballots in 2020 election

Two residents from The Villages confessed to voter fraud charges after filing two ballots in the 2020 Presidential election, court records show.
….
Ketcik and Halstead are registered Republicans. It is unclear if they knew each other.
Before moving to The Villages, Barnes previously held an address in Connecticut, according to an arrest report.

Ketcik was accused of casting an absentee ballot in Michigan and voting by mail in Florida, an arrest report said. He turned himself in to be booked at the Sumter detention center Dec. 8.

==========
I guess there was voter fraud (edited) in the 2020 election, both Republicans.

That wasn't the only republican voter fraud in 2020.

"Ketcik was accused of casting an absentee ballot in Michigan and voting by mail in Florida, an arrest report said. He turned himself in to be booked at the Sumter detention center Dec. 8."

This is even more of a reason to support voter ID, in-person voting, and audits.

I don't want a Democrat to lose an election they legitimately won. I'm looking out for the D-party here.

That wasn't the only republican voter fraud in 2020.

Thanks. It’s telling that Republican leaders claim there was massive fraud caused by Democrats but the only fraud found was committed by Republicans.

"Ketcik was accused of casting an absentee ballot in Michigan and voting by mail in Florida, an arrest report said. He turned himself in to be booked at the Sumter detention center Dec. 8."

This is even more of a reason to support voter ID, in-person voting, and audits.

I don't want a Democrat to lose an election they legitimately won. I'm looking out for the D-party here.
How magnanimous of you.

What they did was small potatoes when compared to what Trump and his team did in trying to steal the 2020 election.

Republicans stole the 2016 election.

Voting is supposed to be on a state by state basis. Too much power in the hands of the federal government is scary.... and really inefficient.

But... there's not that much variation - other than the states which don't do it. Some level of standardization would be easy... because the standard has already been established with Real ID. Simply require a state issued ID. Require the states to provide a free ID for voting. Make the state ID database the voter roll. Moves, deaths, residency status, baked into the system. Then you have 58 systems (with territories and DC) to cross check.

Interstate Crosscheck was how Republicans stole the 2016 election.

I didn't ask you for a definition or description of real ID. I asked you who made it a "standard" for voting. I notice you did not answer the question. Carry on.
The wiki article has the answer you seek.

here they are...

Charles Barnes (left) and Jay Ketcik (right) pleaded guilty to casting more than one ballot in an election.

How's that?

Some Republican states purged voter rolls using the bogus notion that LOTS of people are voting for president in multiple states. They did a very sloppy job, on top of that. They very likely knocked enough people off voter rolls in 'battleground states' to change the election. That's on top of the unequal voting-power of the Electoral College. Look up Interstate Crosscheck, and especially Greg Palast's work investigating it.

I guess there was voter fraud (edited) in the 2020 election, both Republicans.

Something I noticed very quickly, which remained consistent ever since, was the people who committed voter fraud are Republicans, Trump the Terrorist told people to do it, so they did it. He is blaming Democrats for his own sin.

The location does not surprise me at all. Most people in the Villages are very conservative and love Trump the Terrorist.

If there was election integrity with accurate voter rolls it would not be possible to vote twice. Glad they caught this 18 months late.....
Election integrity is subjective. Sadly subjective to people who can't accept their candidate lost.

How would you ensure "election integrity"?

I am a Democrat and I don't oppose maintaining the voter rolls.

I agree though that many Democrats do come out in opposition to purging voter rolls and some Republicans have as well. It has always been a political football, that is why, both sides see the other side as a villain for the way that side wants to do it. That has got to stop. It needs, in my opinion, to be taken out of the hands of the politicians and put into some sort of body that is truly independent and indifferent to political ideology. I also think redistricting needs such a change.

We can't have a feasible, in my opinion, Photo ID to vote law piecemeal with each state having their own rules.

I hesitate to say it, hate giving more power to the FED, but I am down with a National Photo ID to vote law if it is based on a National Voter Information database.
The concept of the voter id law isn't BAD per say. However, when it comes to getting acceptable ID, a number of the southern states made it increasingly difficult to get said id in rural, predominately poor and black counties. They used such tactics of requiring people to go to the DMV, and then closing the DMV in those counties, or very strongly limiting hours and access to it. There were other tactics that were instituted to make it much more difficult for the rural black communities to be able to get id too.

Republicans stole the 2016 election.
That one i will leave with you. The Republican President did try to alter the election result iIn 2020. The House Committee has established this as fact.

Election integrity is subjective. Sadly subjective to people who can't accept their candidate lost.

How would you ensure "election integrity"?
Not even a little subjective. It should be impossible to vote twice. When you reregister or when you die your previous registration should be purged immediately with today's technology.

Some Republican states purged voter rolls using the bogus notion that LOTS of people are voting for president in multiple states. They did a very sloppy job, on top of that. They very likely knocked enough people off voter rolls in 'battleground states' to change the election. That's on top of the unequal voting-power of the Electoral College. Look up Interstate Crosscheck, and especially Greg Palast's work investigating it.
I see. That sounds like something from the CT forum.

I see. That sounds like something from the CT forum.

It seems that you're basing your assessment on you know nothing about Interstate Crosscheck. Or maybe you looked into Interstate Crosscheck, and now you're trying to make excuses.

I've heard it has the highest percentage of STDs in the country.
Aristocrats are usually the most “degenerate” lol. Like holy hell they were frivolous and raunchy.

I mean not even the whole voter fraud claptrap was new.
Straight from the Bush years.

Back
Top Bottom