• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two Men Face Felony Charges in Michigan for Alleged Voter Suppression Calls

NewfieMom

I read, therefore I am.
Bartender
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Two men with a long history of what might be called "dirty tricks", but are actually crimes, now face felony charges in Michigan for making automated calls to registered voters in a largely black district that threatened them with various consequences if they voted by mail The men have been working on behalf of the Trump campaign for years and had gotten away with all their other crimes with impunity. They were so arrogant that they used their own names when making the robocalls.

"The recorded message falsely claims that if people vote by mail, their personal information will be shared in a public database used by police departments to track down old warrants, as well as by credit card companies seeking to collect outstanding debt. The voice recording also falsely claims that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will use personal information to track people down for mandatory vaccines."

Rachel Maddow had some good information on this on her show tonight, which unfortunately isn't released to the internet yet.

Rachel Maddow had some good information on this on her show tonight, which unfortunately isn't released to the internet yet.
That might be because the Hope Hicks infection and First Couple quarantine are sucking all the air out of the internet & cable.

I first learned about it there, but then I tried for some more information. I was surprised that nothing was on Debate Politics yet. I get a lot of my news here now!

Here is some more information.
He and Burkman also tried to smear:

Robert Mueller

and

Pete Buttigieg

Last edited:
Two men with a long history of what might be called "dirty tricks", but are actually crimes, now face felony charges in Michigan for making automated calls to registered voters in a largely black district that threatened them with various consequences if they voted by mail The men have been working on behalf of the Trump campaign for years and had gotten away with all their other crimes with impunity. They were so arrogant that they used their own names when making the robocalls.

"The recorded message falsely claims that if people vote by mail, their personal information will be shared in a public database used by police departments to track down old warrants, as well as by credit card companies seeking to collect outstanding debt. The voice recording also falsely claims that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will use personal information to track people down for mandatory vaccines."

Another Democrat voter fraud attempt in addition to them paying for votes and intimidating people to give up their ballots.

it was on Sirius XM, I listened and I usually do not listen to her show...but that was an amazing and informative show. They have done this in more than Michigan and richly deserve to be thrown in the slammer.

Another Democrat voter fraud attempt in addition to them paying for votes and intimidating people to give up their ballots.
um, they are Trump supporters trying to intimidate voters in largely Democrat areas.

I bet you are, since actual events have been proving me and others like me right.
So, you defend Jacob Wohl?

I think you better google him and find out all the crap he has pulled before you go any further.

um, they are Trump supporters trying to intimidate voters in largely Democrat areas.
Rs do this in every election -- they attempt to suppress voting in black districts through bogus flyers, lying robocalls, etc. This election is interesting in that Rs are attempting to muddle the recurring issue by putting real effort into simultaneously accusing their opponents of voter fraud (see Casca XV, for example). Previously their efforts were much more halfhearted (e.g., attacks on ACORN). The old con of pre-emptively accusing your opponent of doing whatever you intend to do until it all looks the same to the casual observer ... sadly, I think the technique still works, and so do Trump and Republican strategists.

Back
Top Bottom