• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two Louisville cops shot in city’s downtown area

Our country is blowing up, and the person at the top is fanning the flames. Trump never creates the problem -- that requires too much work and creativity. But he's a master at taking existing problems and magnifying them by a thousand times. He's like a guy who enters a new apartment, sees a couple roaches, and feeds them until two roaches turns into a million roaches.

Then he jacks the rent and stops paying the mortgage.

No need to wait a minute. Taylor’s house guest was not (ultimately) charged with shooting the “intruding” police officer. Likewise, the police officers were not (Ultimately) charged for the result of their return fire.

You had better get used to it.

What happened here will be thrown in the face of every gun nut who offers the specious argument about having to have guns to defend their homes.

Justifiably so.

What happened here will be thrown in the face of every gun nut who offers the specious argument about having to have guns to defend their homes.

Justifiably so.

I made no such argument.

I feel that all 6 people that make up them should be charged if they commit violence.
all 6 people? Seems there are more than 6...and in Colorado Springs there has been a group that has relocated there(Doesn't surprise me in such a red dot in a sea of blue) and Bugaloo Bois? Kenosha Guard? ..and only if they commit violence? Does the same exist in your mind for ISIS groups?

Yes they need to be held responsible. Tonight cameras caught U-Haul trucks in the area stationed to disperse all the needed supplies to the "protesters" . There are still some decent reporters out there that filmed it and got the license plates of the trucks and are investigating to find out who rented the trucks. It has been well documented these violent protests well coordinated are being funded by some really rich people around the world including within our own country. I think the DOJ is already on this and I would not be surprised at the end of the day, some of these mogul big names whether in finance, Hollywood, media, and so called world global organizations claiming to assist the world in aid when in fact they are involved in pushing a political agenda will be revealed.
Yep, I saw that video of one of the U-hauls.

all 6 people? Seems there are more than 6...and in Colorado Springs there has been a group that has relocated there(Doesn't surprise me in such a red dot in a sea of blue) and Bugaloo Bois? Kenosha Guard? ..and only if they commit violence? Does the same exist in your mind for ISIS groups?
Do you think if people disagree with you, even if they have heinous beliefs, that they are not afforded the same constitutional rights as the rest of us? If they commit crimes, charge them, if they say heinous shit, refute them.

I sure haven't seen any, and most every gathering I've seen is a pitiful handful.

Bugaloo Boys are not not Neo-Nazis. Nor is Kenosha Guard as far as I am aware (is defending businesses from a violent Marxist Kristallnacht now a Nazi thing to do? Hmmmm:unsure:)

Cool. Left wing and right wing people murdering each other in the streets, now cops and civilians murdering each other in the streets.

Donald Trump's America.

No its OUR america. We are the ones blaming everyone but ourselves for raising children with bad values. So long as we keep making excuses its not going to change.

No proof they announced anything.
And there's the issue of the Grand Jury to take into account where the prosecutor can present or discard any evidence he chooses for his own benefit, with no recourse or challenge available to Breonna's counsel. This is so fundamentally unfair.

Justifiably so.
Well, you can try, but it won't make any sense unless whatever argument you are having includes trying to kill police officers who have announced themselves, and have a warrant.

And there's the issue of the Grand jury to take into account where the prosecutor can present or discard any evidence he chooses with no recourse or challenge available to Breonna's counsel. This is so fundamentally unfair.

Which is the point. Her life did not matter. Her death matters only if it saves more lives. I hope we stay in the streets and continue that energy into the election.

Right wing assholes have pushed everyone way too far. Time for a reckoning.

Well, you can try, but it won't make any sense unless whatever argument you are having includes trying to kill police officers who have announced themselves, and have a warrant.

That you believe them without a hint of cynicism is why the system is broken.

It’s time to start locking up the news media executives. The first amendment does not protect speech intended to incite violence. This is the archetypal example of shouting fire in a theater when the left wing media amplifies lies about black Americans being unjustly killed by police. Lock em up

No, thats ridiculous. 99% of the people are not watching CNN and running out to burn things down or kill cops. The truth is available, people are just stupid and uncaring about it. Its not the presses fault people are like that.

Do you think if people disagree with you, even if they have heinous beliefs, that they are not afforded the same constitutional rights as the rest of us? If they commit crimes, charge them, if they say heinous shit, refute them.
rights to plan civil war against the country? rights to openly plan to kill people who are exercising those rights?

rights to plan civil war against the country? rights to openly plan to kill people who are exercising those rights?
That is a bipartisan issue. That you can't see that shows only that you are blinded by hyper-partisanship, not that it doesn't exist. Like I said, if they are committing crimes, investigate and charge. If you think the authorities are lax on investigating, I agree, across the board.

Which is the point. Her life did not matter. Her death matters only if it saves more lives. I hope we stay in the streets and continue that energy into the election.

Right wing assholes have pushed everyone way too far. Time for a reckoning.
The reckoning is happening, slowly but surely with the BLM movement. Yes, it gets violent and that is unfortunate; however historically societal change hasn't happened with politely written letters to government representatives-witness the French, English and American revolutions for example, and the unrest around MLK which ultimately forced the enactment of fundamental rights for black Americans. I'm not advocating revolution for its own sake; that must be stressed.

That you believe them without a hint of cynicism is why the system is broken.
Except I don't simply just 'believe them without a hint of cynicism'. They had a nextdoor neighbor as a witness confirming their claims in the Grand Jury trial, that they knocked and announced themselves.

And I'm telling you I have watched my side carry on and escalate the vitriol without me the last 10 years. It is not a one sided game being played.
I certainly dont recall other than the whole 2013-2015 debacle. The way i see it fox news and gingrich started a lot of this. I havnt seen the decades long fox news campaign coming from democrats.

Beonna Taylor isn’t laughing. She’s dead. And no one gives a shit cause her doesn’t matter in this failed racist viral shithole of a country.
The problem is they began indiscriminately firing blind in every direction cause they don’t care about the people who live there. They let her die on the floor with no attention. And now not a single person who violated an innocent woman’s life gets charged.

So many folks on this board who breathlessly told us a white kid crossing state lines to shoot someone was acting in self-defense. Same group, most of them, here saying Taylor’s bf killed her by literally defending his home.

Can you account the difference in the two tales that would draw 2A advocated to be so passionate against the Good Guy with the gun in this instance? Go ahead, tell me black guy is a drug dealer. Convenient.

“Fired indiscriminately”? The **** you talking about? Didn’t they kill her for being black? Isn’t that the lie you all like to perpetuate about police? BTW, you bummed that both officers survived like the two deputies in CA where folks you support trying blocking hospital entrances?

I think he will say something that will show the police department that not all Americans are crazy and think their lives are acceptable losses in race wars so Democrats can keep their radical base happy during an election year. And, I presume he will continue to offer support for cities and states who need help keeping the peace. He has no obligation to coddle and hug angry criminals killing police officers and burning down America's cities. We'll leave that to people like you.
Democrats havnt been fanning the flames of race wars, most of these demonstrations are multiracial and white supremacist terrorism still manages to be the biggest threat.

I certainly dont recall other than the whole 2013-2015 debacle. The way i see it fox news and gingrich started a lot of this. I havnt seen the decades long fox news campaign coming from democrats.
Fox News is a joke, and always has been. It is a copout to try to lay blame for what we all created at the feet of just the people you don't like.

Except I don't simply just 'believe them without a hint of cynicism'. They had a nextdoor neighbor as a witness confirming their claims in the Grand Jury trial, that they knocked and announced themselves.

That single concurring witness (statement?) was presented to the GJ by the state. Where the cynicism comes from are the numerous other neighbors (interviewed by the press and, no doubt, the police) who did not make (support?) that claim. The GJ process (which is not a trial) includes the presentation of only one side of the story - the state’s (prosecutor’s) version of alleged events. There is no “defense” presented during the GJ process - so calling it a “trial” is ridiculous.

Anything to not condemn someone who shot a cop (at least until you know what “side” they are) but it’s actually not Trump’s fault many lefties can’t disagree or oppose something without getting violent.

And there's X Factor, yet again raping tragedy to play The Hypocrite Game by falsely accusing Cardinal of approving of approving of murder. Literally the only thing this guy cares about is attacking people he thinks are on the left.

Wish it wasn't so damn predictable.

They didn't have the wrong apartment. When her boyfriend was arrested on drug charges he was in jailhouse audio calls telling drug dealers he stashes his money with Breonna. Additionally, known drug dealers were coming and going from her apartment. Her vehicle was also being used to travel between known drug houses. She was part of a larger distribution investigation. The fact that they didn't find drugs or money on the day they entered doesn't mean they had the wrong apartment. They valid reason to search the apartment and not give them a chance to potentially flush things down the toilet. Not a fan of no knock warrants, but let's not pretend they didn't have ample reason to barge through her door.
They had the wrong house. Thats been a constant through this whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom