• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two Louisville cops shot in city’s downtown area

Gun violence has gone up lately in cities all around the U.S.

This is only due to Democrats who don't want to enforce the law in these cities and states for fear of offending their voter base in an election year. The solution isn't to ban guns, it's to elect people who enforce the law.

Tonight looks like the wild west out there because cops shot up a girl playing video games

Cool anecdote. Now let's look at the statistic of how many lives were saved because police officers were armed.

This is only due to Democrats who don't want to enforce the law in these cities and states for fear of offending their voter base in an election year. The solution isn't to ban guns, it's to elect people who enforce the law.

Cool anecdote. Now let's look at the statistic of how many lives were saved because police officers were armed.

No, no it's not. And it's not political at all so stop pointing fingers. Guns kill democrats and republicans.

It's because we as a whole are not responsible enough to be armed. We kill our selves, each other and even our police force is so afraid of getting shot themselves they shoot if they hear a mouse, or see a shadow, or an arm moves. It's getting ridiculous now. Guns are too fast a kill, and we need more time to think before we use them.

They should go. I'm firm on this opinion.

Do criminals wear t-shirts with criminals on them where you live? Because they don't around here. Before we know they´re criminals, they're just citizens with guns.

Besides, the majority of people who die by a gun in the U.S. are shot by themselves or a family member.

It just seems America is unique to this high display of violence among the developed countries. Guns seem to be why.

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to admit defeat, and just scrap the 2A. Otherwise, I fear we will be Brazil by 2030.

That way, cops can carry batons, and stun guns. Citizens can be arrested for having a gun, incase they're a criminal, because only the criminals will have them. It will be a lot easier for the police to tell a criminal from a guy just thinking he's protecting his house from one.
Again, your leftist utopian rant is irrelevant .. and makes no sense in light of reality in the here and now.

You don't like the object called a "gun".

Okay, you don't like guns. That's fine.

Some people like guns .. but, that' not really relevant either.

It doesn't matter whether you like guns or don't like guns. What matters is that the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution says we citizens, provided we use them non-criminally, have a right to bear such arms.

And what matters is that criminals often carry and use guns to commit unjustified homicides, often murder 1.

So police need guns to protect themselves and uphold the law, obviously.

What's more, private citizens also need guns to protect themselves .. and hopefully they will store them correctly, keep them away from kids, and use them non-criminally .. but, regardless, they have every Second Amendment right to have those guns .. and, judging by all the nut-case BLM cultists threatening to blow America up, they definitely need them for the race war BLM has been fanning for months now.

So just keep in mind that there are millions and millions of guns out there in the hands of Americans, criminals, police, and law-abiding citizens, that you will never be able to ever confiscate.

And only a head-in-the-clouds ideologue out of touch with reality would recommend de-gunning the police without first de-gunning the criminals.

That you can't tell one criminal from another because they don't wear t-shirts saying I am a criminal is further justification for keeping the police armed with guns so that they're prepared to at least battle evenly against unidentified criminals who suddenly pull a gun on them.

Donald Trump’s not the one that vilifies police or calls violence toward police “cool”. I’d hold my breath waiting for a lefty to condemn this, but then I’d surely die.

Donald Trump is the only one who has seen such extensive protests and violence nationwide because he is uniquely incapable of deescalating a situation. I 'd hold my breadth for a conservative to condemn this decision and pledge a serious legal and law enforcement reform but then I'd surely die. The usual excuse will be that the officers acted legally. Of course, when states kill , they often do in a perfectly legal way.. Socrates was killed "legally" based on the Athenian law; Jesus was killed very legally based on the Roman law, and the list goes on... Unfortunately, "legal" and "just" do not always coincide and innocent people have been killed throughout time legally but unjustly.

Will he say something to the police to give them reason to de-escalate? Or will he give them reason to act on their anger and make the situation even worse?
iLOL Capitulation is the only response that would satisfy those on the left and that isn't going to happen.
And ffs, when they has been capitulation the left attacks anyways. Or did you forget the officers who took a knee and were later attacked.

And whether anyone on the left is angered by what he says, that is all on them and their delusional view or reality.

Our country is blowing up, and the person at the top is fanning the flames. Trump never creates the problem -- that requires too much work and creativity. But he's a master at taking existing problems and magnifying them by a thousand times. He's like a guy who enters a new apartment, sees a couple roaches, and feeds them until two roaches turns into a million roaches.
Delusional bs.

I am not insulting your intelligence. I am telling you that every time Trump speaks out on race relations, protests and rioting, his words have the effect of fraying already frayed nerves and increasing tensions. The shooting of two police officers today is a link in a chain of escalating events, and this would have gotten worse all on its own. But mark my words, two things will happen:

1. Police will be extra special nervous and trigger happy, making a bad situation worse, and
2. Trump is going to say something tomorrow that is going to make the police extra special nervous and trigger happy...and really, really angry.

And this will escalate.
Just more delusional bs.
And if it escalates, the responsibility for it will all be on those engaging in the violent behavior.

You believe that he should have had ESP and supernaturally deduced that those invaders were actually cops.
Given that they did in fact knock and announce, your commentary is pretty stupid.
Especially so, given that a neighbor testified to the GJ that the police did indeed knock and announce.

I understand but i think you are rather late in the game. We have had to endure decades of constant fox news propaganda, calling us traitors, liberal fascists, communists, constant programming on the way to work that has changed a great many parents into far right nutjobs. There is absolutely no common ground with these people, no common ground with trumpists. Democrats have barely put up a real fight and now we are careening head first into a new fascist rising all around America and europe, destroying literal generations of progress. No, this decades long spat of dehumanization and fear mongering that has gone completely unchecked by the republican party and fox news has brought us to this point. We didnt ask republicans to lose their ****ing minds over 8 years, hell i watched it from the inside as i was a right winger for much of those 8 years yet i knew the democrat plantation, birtherism, and a whole host of other claims were nonsense. Its time for republicans to back the **** off or continue this shit and get the war they have been gushing for. The man that fantasizes about “defending” themselves from their opponents is the man that will goad you into war.
That you see things that way is the problem.

He will fan the flames. Right wingers also defend Rittenhouse, and you done it personally. Stop trying to act like you and Trump have moral high ground
Wrong. Rittenhouse acted in self defense and deserves to be defended.
And a President supporting law and order is the high ground here. Your side are the ones without it. That you do not understand this is a problem.

I hope you like Americans murdering each other, because so long as Trump is in office this is going to get keep getting worse.

This history of the Middle East is the course we're on now.

That's the MAGAA™ dream though isn't it? A land where people can shoot those they don't like. Isn't that what the 'murican dream is mostly about? The chance to maybe get to shoot the neighbors?

Donald Trump is the only one who has seen such extensive protests and violence nationwide because he is uniquely incapable of deescalating a situation. I 'd hold my breadth for a conservative to condemn this decision and pledge a serious legal and law enforcement reform but then I'd surely die. The usual excuse will be that the officers acted legally. Of course, when states kill , they often do in a perfectly legal way.. Socrates was killed "legally" based on the Athenian law; Jesus was killed very legally based on the Roman law, and the list goes on... Unfortunately, "legal" and "just" do not always coincide and innocent people have been killed throughout time legally but unjustly.
Officers acted legally. Period. Full stop. You listen to the mob and the media, but I repeat myself, and you want BLACK justice, not justice.
Trump has been extremely vocal about the violence but Democrat governors refuse to accept his help. Trump can't force them to take his help and he can't tell them how to handle the violence. Democrats have failed on every, single, damn level since these riots began.
Democrats refused to work with Republicans on reform. This is a fact.
Use the Socratic method and learn about Federalism.

How can anyone condone violence? Please tell me why it is ever justified?
I can't think of anyone sane who actively condones violence, but historically the majority of societal issues which were never going to be solved by writing polite letters to government representatives, were ultimately forced to be addressed by social upheaval; the French Revolution, and both the American and English revolutions for example. It's unlikely that black emancipation would have happened without the government essentially being forced to enact the rights black Americans enjoy today. In a more minor way the Poll Tax riots during Thatcher's reign in England also achieved a reversal of a deeply troubling, fundamentally unfair and socially divisive government policy.
Sometimes just saying 'enough' doesn't work if the powers that be won't listen.

Last edited:
The news media that ran a false narrative on this story for months is responsible for incitement to violence.
A) It was not a no knock warrant. The police announced themselves repeatedly which is verified by and independent eye witness
B) The shooter himself stated he shot at police first.
C) A + B = end of story

The news media that ran a false narrative on this story for months is responsible for incitement to violence.
A) It was not a no knock warrant. The police announced themselves repeatedly which is verified by and independent eye witness
C) A + B = end of story
The warrant was authorized as a no-knock warrant. The fact they announced themselves doesn't change that fact.

C) A + B = end of story

And isn’t it interesting that Taylor’s boyfriend, an African American, wasn’t killed? I mean if cops are killing people just based on skin color, why didn’t they kill the black guy that gave them the perfect excuse?

Cool. Left wing and right wing people murdering each other in the streets, now cops and civilians murdering each other in the streets.

Donald Trump's America.
Snark vs life. Carry on

Beonna Taylor isn’t laughing. She’s dead. And no one gives a shit cause her doesn’t matter in this failed racist viral shithole of a country.

The warrant was authorized as a no-knock warrant. The fact they announced themselves doesn't change that fact.

No proof they announced anything.

No, no it's not. And it's not political at all so stop pointing fingers. Guns kill democrats and republicans.

It's because we as a whole are not responsible enough to be armed. We kill our selves, each other and even our police force is so afraid of getting shot themselves they shoot if they hear a mouse, or see a shadow, or an arm moves. It's getting ridiculous now. Guns are too fast a kill, and we need more time to think before we use them.

They should go. I'm firm on this opinion.

How can you say you want to change the constitution and it's not political? You can't have it both ways.

"I'm right because it isn't political" is a horrible argument. You're argument is too fallacious to respond.

And isn’t it interesting that Taylor’s boyfriend, an African American, wasn’t killed? I mean if cops are killing people just based on skin color, why didn’t they kill the black guy that gave them the perfect excuse?

The problem is they began indiscriminately firing blind in every direction cause they don’t care about the people who live there. They let her die on the floor with no attention. And now not a single person who violated an innocent woman’s life gets charged.

So many folks on this board who breathlessly told us a white kid crossing state lines to shoot someone was acting in self-defense. Same group, most of them, here saying Taylor’s bf killed her by literally defending his home.

Can you account the difference in the two tales that would draw 2A advocated to be so passionate against the Good Guy with the gun in this instance? Go ahead, tell me black guy is a drug dealer. Convenient.

Donald Trump is the only one who has seen such extensive protests and violence nationwide because he is uniquely incapable of deescalating a situation
But, they are protesting local Democrat run cities and institutions. How can you blame Trump for liberals using violence to protest Democrats?

The same local governments who are refusing to allow Trump to help and instead would prefer the violence to continue in order to keep their voter base content during an election year. Trump doesn't have jurisdiction on law enforcement of liberal cities.

True, but it was a Search Warrant, not an Arrest Warrant, hence there was no need to kick in the door and rush into the apartment. The correct way to ensure this never happened was to simply knock on the door and wait for a person to get up and answer the door. When it comes to their announcing who they were, ever seen the way that works, the announcement and breeching take place simultaneously, it is meant to disorient. I will also remind you that this was a search warrant and guess what in the end they found Nothing, know why, it is because the cops had the wrong people. Very sad state of affairs if the police can kick in peoples door in the middle of the night simply to serve a search warrant, there are better ways.

Turns out at least one of the cops shot himself! No rioters necessary. Soon we'll discover that his "misfire" went through his thigh and hit his partner....

But, they are protesting local Democrat run cities and institutions. How can you blame Trump for liberals using violence to protest Democrats?

This is the crux of the issue, Trump has used his influence to distort reality. He has managed to morph peaceful protestors and rioters into one group, without distinction.
Trump could actually lead and unify the nation, but he has only sought to politicize and inflame division and hatred.

This is a recurring issue which will continue to happen unless something changes from the top.

The same local governments who are refusing to allow Trump to help and instead would prefer the violence to continue in order to keep their voter base content during an election year. Trump doesn't have jurisdiction on law enforcement of liberal cities.

That is a complete distortion of facts and sounds like the regurgitation of Trump's lies. The offering of support is in the form of violence, via the National Guard and other key policing assets. Has he not learned from the previous 6 months of riots.....violence is only breeding violence. A different strategy and approach must be formulated, initiated and led from the top.

True, but it was a Search Warrant, not an Arrest Warrant, hence there was no need to kick in the door and rush into the apartment. The correct way to ensure this never happened was to simply knock on the door and wait for a person to get up and answer the door. When it comes to their announcing who they were, ever seen the way that works, the announcement and breeching take place simultaneously, it is meant to disorient. I will also remind you that this was a search warrant and guess what in the end they found Nothing, know why, it is because the cops had the wrong people. Very sad state of affairs if the police can kick in peoples door in the middle of the night simply to serve a search warrant, there are better ways.

They didn't have the wrong apartment. When her boyfriend was arrested on drug charges he was in jailhouse audio calls telling drug dealers he stashes his money with Breonna. Additionally, known drug dealers were coming and going from her apartment. Her vehicle was also being used to travel between known drug houses. She was part of a larger distribution investigation. The fact that they didn't find drugs or money on the day they entered doesn't mean they had the wrong apartment. They valid reason to search the apartment and not give them a chance to potentially flush things down the toilet. Not a fan of no knock warrants, but let's not pretend they didn't have ample reason to barge through her door.

They didn't have the wrong apartment. When her boyfriend was arrested on drug charges he was in jailhouse audio calls telling drug dealers he stashes his money with Breonna. Additionally, known drug dealers were coming and going from her apartment. Her vehicle was also being used to travel between known drug houses. She was part of a larger distribution investigation. The fact that they didn't find drugs or money on the day they entered doesn't mean they had the wrong apartment. They valid reason to search the apartment and not give them a chance to potentially flush things down the toilet. Not a fan of no knock warrants, but let's not pretend they didn't have ample reason to barge through her door.

They didn’t find drugs or money because they ****ed up. Your entire post is from the pov that cops go tit right, that they care, that every bad outcome was a choice someone else made.

Always. We saw all summer one cop report after another was full of holes. Still it’s their fault for being Black in this country. Still. Drug dealers. That bullshit has been used since the dinosaurs to randomly shoot Black people.

THis is why 2 cops in L.A. got holes in their face. This is why it’s only going to get worse.

In some cases of self-defense such as home invasions. Oh, wait a minute...

No need to wait a minute. Taylor’s house guest was not (ultimately) charged with shooting the “intruding” police officer. Likewise, the police officers were not (Ultimately) charged for the result of their return fire.

Back
Top Bottom