• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two Louisville cops shot in city’s downtown area

Another Democrat Mayor. And all the left can do is the same old lie blaming Trump for their inability to stop the violence. Nothing changes.
Do you think what trump says tomorrow will have the effect of calming or escalating tensions?

You're avoiding my question. Will he say something to the police to give them reason to de-escalate? Or will he give them reason to act on their anger and make the situation even worse?

You won't answer this question because you already know the answer.

What level of tortured logic leads to the conclusion that the appropriate response when a city is being burned to the ground and the populace is being terrorized by a violent mob that the police should de-escalate and allow the violent mob to advance? If it were a violent mob of people in white hoods and burning crosses razing the city would your response be that the President and police department should scale back their response? Or, are you only sympathetic to alt-left violent mobs of angry criminals?

Do you think he's going to say something tomorrow that will amplify the desire of police to take revenge or reduce it?
Which reminds me of something the great Albert Einstein once said: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results".

🤣

Cool. Left wing and right wing people murdering each other in the streets, now cops and civilians murdering each other in the streets.

Donald Trump's America.

Mayor Fisher's Louisville .. he's such a douche.

Which reminds me of something the great Albert Einstein once said: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results".

Do you think Trump is going to say something tomorrow that will amplify the desire of police to take revenge or reduce it?

Donald Trump’s not the one that vilifies police or calls violence toward police “cool”. I’d hold my breath waiting for a lefty to condemn this, but then I’d surely die.

He is the one who supports violence perpetrated by the police.

The violence will subside when the injustice is addressed, not before. Sometimes you gotta throw the tea in the harbor.

He’ll condemn the shooting and violence and he should.
He will fan the flames. Right wingers also defend Rittenhouse, and you done it personally. Stop trying to act like you and Trump have moral high ground

Cool. Left wing and right wing people murdering each other in the streets, now cops and civilians murdering each other in the streets.

Donald Trump's America.

In what world are these Antifa/BLM rioters who are attacking people Donald Trump's fault? None of these people voted for Trump and the violence is almost exclusively contained to liberal cities and states. This is Democrat's America if anything. They are the ones who are somehow blaming Trump for police officers returning fire while serving a warrant.

Domestic terrorism charges on any leftist involved in the violence. That's what needs to happen.
Yes they need to be held responsible. Tonight cameras caught U-Haul trucks in the area stationed to disperse all the needed supplies to the "protesters" . There are still some decent reporters out there that filmed it and got the license plates of the trucks and are investigating to find out who rented the trucks. It has been well documented these violent protests well coordinated are being funded by some really rich people around the world including within our own country. I think the DOJ is already on this and I would not be surprised at the end of the day, some of these mogul big names whether in finance, Hollywood, media, and so called world global organizations claiming to assist the world in aid when in fact they are involved in pushing a political agenda will be revealed.

Do you think Trump is going to say something tomorrow that will amplify the desire of police to take revenge or reduce it?

I think he will say something that will show the police department that not all Americans are crazy and think their lives are acceptable losses in race wars so Democrats can keep their radical base happy during an election year. And, I presume he will continue to offer support for cities and states who need help keeping the peace. He has no obligation to coddle and hug angry criminals killing police officers and burning down America's cities. We'll leave that to people like you.

I think this is a great year to discuss making firearms illegal in America. Both our citizens and police can't seem to handle firearms. This has been made pretty clear over the last year.

It's a shame America is so violent.

I think this is a great year to discuss making firearms illegal in America. Both our citizens and police can't seem to handle firearms. This has been made pretty clear over the last year.

you lefties and the rioters and looters you support, combined with leftwing mayors preventing their police from acting-prove -better than anything-that honest folk need to be well armed

Analysis of all national statistics over multiple years, including this year, demonstrates that police handle firearms just fine.

It's criminals who shouldn't be handling them, for quite a number of reasons, obviously.

Trump is not a victim
Nor is he a Nazi.

The victims are those BLM cultists so often falsely accused of being racists, including the three cops in the Breonna Taylor matter.

you lefties and the rioters and looters you support, combined with leftwing mayors preventing their police from acting-prove -better than anything-that honest folk need to be well armed
You're only proving my point.

Analysis of all national statistics over multiple years, including this year, demonstrates that police handle firearms just fine.

It's criminals who shouldn't be handling them, for quite a number of reasons, obviously.
So, are you saying you want to disarm citizens but the police, they'll be armed? The police have already proven this year they can kill a guy for exchanging a counterfeit for some gum without a gun.

So, are you saying you want to disarm citizens but the police, they'll be armed? The police have already proven this year they can kill a guy for smoking pot and stealing some skittles without a gun.
Your one anecdote "proves" nothing. It's inanely illogical that you think it does. And, quite likely, you've erroneously described your anecdotal event, as so many leftists do.

That you erroneously delude I said anything about "disarming all citizens" is again an illogical leap on your part, obviously.

The police need to be armed, again, quite obviously, and quite obviously because criminals arm themselves and are known to commit murders that police are simply and accurately not known to do.

American criminals are a subset of American citizens. Clearly I'm saying that criminals should not have guns, not, obviously, that "all citizens should not have guns" that you ludicrously, erroneously deduced.

Your one anecdote "proves" nothing. It's inanely illogical that you think it does. And, quite likely, you've erroneously described your anecdotal event, as so many leftists do.

That you erroneously delude I said anything about "disarming all citizens" is again an illogical leap on your part, obviously.

The police need to be armed, again, quite obviously, and quite obviously because criminals arm themselves and are known to commit murders that police are simply and accurately not known to do.

American criminals are a subset of American citizens. Clearly I'm saying that criminals should not have guns, not, obviously, that "all citizens should not have guns" that you ludicrously, erroneously deduced.
Do criminals wear t-shirts with criminals on them where you live? Because they don't around here. Before we know they´re criminals, they're just citizens with guns.

Besides, the majority of people who die by a gun in the U.S. are shot by themselves or a family member.

It just seems America is unique to this high display of violence among the developed countries. Guns seem to be why.

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to admit defeat, and just scrap the 2A. Otherwise, I fear we will be Brazil by 2030.

That way, cops can carry batons, and stun guns. Citizens can be arrested for having a gun, incase they're a criminal, because only the criminals will have them. It will be a lot easier for the police to tell a criminal from a guy just thinking he's protecting his house from one.

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to admit defeat, and just scrap the 2A. Otherwise, I fear we will be Brazil by 2030.

Violent crime has been going down in the US and the parts that have the least strict gun laws have the least crime. The opposite is true for much of Europe and globally where they have disarmed police and the populace. If legal gun owners were responsible for gun crime you wouldn't be leading with anecdotes about suicide.

Violent crime has been going down in the US and the parts that have the least strict gun laws have the least crime. The opposite is true for much of Europe and globally where they have disarmed police and the populace. If legal gun owners were responsible for gun crime you wouldn't be leading with anecdotes about suicide.
Yeah well, I think it should all go. We can't handle firearms in any respectable manner. Gun violence has gone up lately in cities all around the U.S.

What you say just isn't true, even if it was it's still too high at it's best. Do you know what lowers gun violence the most? Not allowing us to have them.

Tonight looks like the wild west out there because cops shot up a girl playing video games, and now criminals are shooting cops because they can seize the opportunity. What a mess. They need to go.

Back
Top Bottom