• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two Louisville cops shot in city’s downtown area

He’ll condemn the shooting and violence and he should.

Will he say something that will give the police reason to act on their anger or will he say something that will give them reason to let cooler minds prevail?

Snark vs life. Carry on

No, it wasn't snark. You're willingness to dismiss the real problem just as quickly as these LEOs dismissed Breonna Taylor's life is the problem.

Will he say something that will give the police reason to act on their anger or will he say something that will give them reason to let cooler minds prevail?

He’ll condemn the violence, something lefties have been really reluctant to do.

You're avoiding my question. Will he say something to the police to give them reason to de-escalate? Or will he give them reason to act on their anger and make the situation even worse?

You won't answer this question because you already know the answer.

I bet very few are surprised by the riots or by their lefty apologists.

I bet a few "republicans" are not only enjoying it, they are counting on it......

“You know what solves it? When the economy crashes, when the country goes to total hell and everything is a disaster, then you’ll have a, you know, you’ll have riots to go back to where we used to be when we were great,” Trump argued.

donald-trump-tweets-2012-1478856552.jpg

The party of peace could never have envisioned guns being used against authorities.

You're avoiding my answer. Will he say something to the police to give them reason to de-escalate? Or will he give them reason to act on their anger and make the situation even worse?

You won't answer this question because you already know the answer.

I want to know when it became the responsibility of police to “de-escalate” or convince a violent mob not to murder them in the street. When did they lose the right to self defense?

Donald Trump’s not the one that vilifies police or calls violence toward police “cool”. I’d hold my breath waiting for a lefty to condemn this, but then I’d surely die.
nah but he says that terrorists like Proud Boys and Bugaloo Boys are good people.

I want to know when it became the responsibility of police to “de-escalate” or convince a violent mob not to murder them in the street. When did they lose the right to self defense?
when did it become their job to let nazi militia terrorists to go after protesters?

The world is watching. Jowels are slobbering on the flanks.

United we stand, divided we fall. So many of you seem dead set on dividing us and blaming the other side. Show some empathy. For police and rioters. Deal with both fairly and justly under the law when they break it, not mob rule, ballot stuffing and backroom deals. Good luck in November.

Cool. Left wing and right wing people murdering each other in the streets, now cops and civilians murdering each other in the streets.

Donald Trump's America.
I believe that there was a curfew in effect.
If there is a curfew in place, then the cops need to enforce it and arrest people immediately.
no enforcement - then why bother with a curfew?

If the thought that police should de-escalate a tense situation is novel to you, then I don't want to know what you think the purpose of law enforcement is.

Donald Trump’s not the one that vilifies police or calls violence toward police “cool”. I’d hold my breath waiting for a lefty to condemn this, but then I’d surely die.

He actually wanted the police to be more violent.

I believe that there was a curfew in effect.
If there is a curfew in place, then the cops need to enforce it and arrest people immediately.
no enforcement - then why bother with a curfew?

Nobody said, "I hate curfews; time to shoot a couple cops."

The world is watching. Jowels are slobbering on the flanks.

United we stand, divided we fall. So many of you seem dead set on dividing us and blaming the other side. Show some empathy. For police and rioters. Deal with both fairly and justly under the law when they break it, not mob rule, ballot stuffing and backroom deals. Good luck in November.

i tired of playing nice long ago, before i came to this forum.

The police are not the ones acting on anger, the underclasses are. And they’re acting on anger that is created by fake news

I bet a few "republicans" are not only enjoying it, they are counting on it......

The party of peace could never have envisioned guns being used against authorities.

I think maybe the best part of that video is when the co-host helpfully explained that "couple" meant "two."

If the thought that police should de-escalate a tense situation is novel to you, then I don't want to know what you think the purpose of law enforcement is.

It’s novel to me that your response to a violent mob shooting police in acts of attempted murder is that police should “de-escalate” instead of exercising their legal right to defend their lives by any means necessary. What responsibility do the civilians have to de-escalate themselves so they stop committing acts of attempted murder?

It’s novel to me that your response to a violent mob shooting police in acts of attempted murder is that police should “de-escalate” instead of exercising their legal right to defend their lives by any means necessary.

Like I said...

The police have no obligation to “de escalate” they have lawful authority, the mob must submit to commands or THEY are responsible for escalation. The truth is in nearly all cases violence escalated because the police take too little action. The Gordon riots in London broke up within hours of the British Army using lethal force and bayonet charges on rioters

In some cases of self-defense such as home invasions. Oh, wait a minute...

When you aee using hour home as part of your criminal enterprise, that tends to nullify the protections of the Castle Doctrine.

Your home is your castle, it isn't your sovereign criminal territory. The officers had a warrant. A warrant based off of probable cause. When you shoot at cops because you thought it was a drug dealer breaking into steal your drugs....well.... the win stupid prizes thing applies.

There's going to be a news conference to update on the situation soon. Just reported both officers are stable. One is in surgery and the police have one suspect in custody.
Domestic terrorism charges on any leftist involved in the violence. That's what needs to happen.

Back
Top Bottom