• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[Louisiana] TWO hurricanes are beating down on New Orleans.

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Two storms which likely will become hurricanes are going to be simultaneously in the Gulf for the first time in recorded history, and BOTH are currently headed towards New Orleans, one to hit Monday, the other just two days later.

A perfect storm, if you will... not only are they coming to this highly vulnerable city, but we have the potential for a historically incompetent federal response coupled with the brilliant move from Trump of diverting FEMA funds to (unconstitutionally) fund unemployment compensation.

ec1cee6c84b478c296b1229d14c22574.jpg

cc6b2f3faf4bb2955d6f60d84b133afc.jpg

From both sides.

I can't see the projected place-by-time figures. Is it a one-two punch thing or... I guess it has to be.

Last edited:
Obama and Biden did nothing about climate change.I blame them.

Once democrats remember that Trump beat Clinton by 20 points in Louisiana they won't care so much.

Sure hope none of their mail boxes get washed away.

From both sides.

I can't see the projected place-by-time figures. Is it a one-two punch thing or... I guess it has to be.

One Monday, one Wednesday.

Have a daughter there waiting to see if evacuation orders will be issued.

My best thoughts for all those who are directly in harm's way of this storm. Doesn't seem quite right that a beast with such a beautiful name, Laura, could have the potential to be one of the biggest killer storms of all time.

Praying for all and especially our DP denizens who are in her path.

My best thoughts for all those who are directly in harm's way of this storm. Doesn't seem quite right that a beast with such a beautiful name, Laura, could have the potential to be one of the biggest killer storms of all time.

Praying for all and especially our DP denizens who are in her path.

There’s a petition to rename it ‘Polo’ since it followed Marco.

Looks like it will miss both NOLA and Houston, than God. Port Arthur and Lake Charles are much smaller and easier to evacuate it.

I hope everyone in the effected areas evacuates and stays safe.

I can't imagine what wind like that must feel like. The worst hurricane I've been though in the UK was in 1987 Great Storm of 1987 - Wikipedia and wasn't as bad as what's about to hit the US so stay safe everyone.

Back
Top Bottom