• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two Fugly Leading Women: How do they get Jobs?

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Ok... I can see how they get JOBS but not for a role where they are attractive! Hell they both have even been in commercials reserved for attractive women (ie makeup / Lorielle)

Sarah Jessica Parker: Ugly. Never has been attractive.... ever.
Drew Barrymore: BLECK! After 6-12 beers (depending on body weight) she could be cute

I just dont GET it. :confused:

Ok... I can see how they get JOBS but not for a role where they are attractive! Hell they both have even been in commercials reserved for attractive women (ie makeup / Lorielle)

Sarah Jessica Parker: Ugly. Never has been attractive.... ever.
Drew Barrymore: BLECK! After 6-12 beers (depending on body weight) she could be cute

I just dont GET it. :confused:

Drew Barrymore is perfectly explicable, once you understand that she is the end product of two of America's preeminent acting families- namely, the Drews and the Barrymores- who have a history in show business that extends back over the past 200 years. They were involved in Broadway and traveling acting companies long before the advent of the silver screen.
In fact, John Wilkes Booth was involved with one of Barrymore's troupes (I believe it was called the "Drew-Barrymore Acting Troupe", in fact) before he assassinated Lincoln.

http://www.barrymorefamily.com/
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrymore_family]Barrymore family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Drew Barrymore didn't have much of a choice but to go into acting; I don't know what could've changed this trajectory for her, other than possibly being born quadriplegic or something. Possibly that wouldn't even have made a difference.

Sarah Jessica Parker is less explicable, but I'm sure the explanation is out there, if you just dig.

Last edited:
Wow! Great info 1069! I just thought her father was in acting and thats it. Thing is, I just dont think she is attractive at all. She is.... not... attractive (to me).

And SJP.... she must be in the illuminati to get these makeup gigs. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom