• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two female prisoners fall pregnant after having sex with transgender inmate

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Two inmates of a women only prison have fallen pregnant after having consensual sex with a transgender inmate, it has been reported.
The women are among 800 people, including 27 transwomen, being held at the Edna Mahan Correctional Facility in Clinton, New Jersey.

[The original lead seems to have been broken by a local radio station, which I'm not sure if it qualifies as a BN 'news organization'. Consequently, that link will be added to the thread, below, in its own post]

--

Okee-dokey, some of us - I'm sure - will see this as craziness personified, as we are marched into the new era of gender-bending sexual identification.

And I'm sure others will see these incidents as blips that need to be worked-out, in the natural progression of societal advancement.

--

I believe we all have our camps on this, so rather than present details or further opinion, I'll just let the article stand - without further comment.

[The original lead seems to have been broken by a local radio station, which I'm not sure if it qualifies as a BN 'news organization'. Consequently, that link will be added to the thread, below, in its own post]

--

Okee-dokey, some of us - I'm sure - will see this as craziness personified, as we are marched into the new era of gender-bending sexual identification.

And I'm sure others will see these incidents as blips that need to be worked-out, in the natural progression of societal advancement.

--

I believe we all have our camps on this, so rather than present details or further opinion, I'll just let the article stand - without further comment.
trans gender does not mean homosexual, you realize that right? Also, sex is a basic human function, you lock people up sometimes they will have sex however they can.

--

--

Before this thread becomes mired in a pile of transphobia, it is possible for a trans woman not to have undergone bottom surgery. Maybe she just wants to keep her original parts.

--

--

“Fall pregnant”?

trans gender does not mean homosexual, you realize that right?

That's not really the issue here, though

Also, sex is a basic human function, you lock people up sometimes they will have sex however they can.

True. But same-sex relationships do not result in pregnancies behind bars.

The problem I see, is we are now mixing sexual males in female-sexed prisons. I think it's problematic, at best. We're now in uncharted territory.

Before this thread becomes mired in a pile of transphobia, it is possible for a trans woman not to have undergone bottom surgery. Maybe she just wants to keep her original parts.

I really don't know the legal definitions of defining gender or sex.

But the new reality is we are now facing the prospect of anatomical males in women's prison, including their ability to impregnate the women.

I see a lot of potential problems here.

--

--

For some odd reason, an old Eagles song with the lyrics "prisoner of love" is running through my mind.

That's not really the issue here, though

True. But same-sex relationships do not result in pregnancies behind bars.

The problem I see, is we are now mixing sexual males in female-sexed prisons. I think it's problematic, at best. We're now in uncharted territory.
of course they don't. It was consensual sex, which means the guards weren't doing their jobs.

"fall" pregnant. Heh.

Wait, we put guys in women's prison now?

Wtf?

Hah!

Yeah, there weren't many sources out there that appeared BN compliant.

So, for better or worse, "fall pregnant" it is.

Sounds like a 1950s kind of comment. :)

sex is a basic human function, you lock people up sometimes they will have sex however they can.
Yup. No one's talking about the male on male relations that happen in prisons daily. Because men can't get pregnant.

Next question: will these women have abortions?

Wait, we put guys in women's prison now?

Wtf?

NJ, baby!

New Jersey prisons began housing transgender inmates who identify as women at women's prisons last year following a lawsuit at the American Civil Liberties Union of New Jersey.

Back
Top Bottom