• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two dead and one wounded in Kenosha shootings during Jacob Blake protests

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/08/26/jacob-blake-kenosha-police-protests/

I am not going to post the videos because they are too disturbing.

Also, at this point, it's very difficult to determine exactly what happened and who is responsible.

However, it's clear the far-right extremist militia groups and white supremacist groups seem very intent on starting a second civil war.

Facebook takes down ‘call to arms’ event after two shot dead in Kenosha - The Verge

We need to let local and state law enforcement to handle this stuff, not random, disorganized, far-right militia groups who appear to want to initiate violent conflict. For them, it's not about security from rioters, but it's about a politically-inspired armed conflict against all the protesters, whom they perceive as evil communists or something.

I think there is a strong possibility for violence after the election, and that is why it's very important that everyone works together to ensure a good election, a free and fair election where people can vote via mail-in ballot if they wish.
Is there any evidence whatsoever that any 'far right militia groups' were involved? You know nothing but are clearly attempting to make this political.

I think at least one of the mopes shot by the rifleman was white. The guy who was pointing a pistol at him and got his elbow blown up as a result

your craven attempts to make it racial yet again are pathetic

What color was Jacob Blake? What color were the Pigs who shot him in the back?

I think the people rioting and engaging in arson are doing something wrong, and they should be caught and punished. And I think property owners should be allowed to defend their lives and their livelihood.

At the same time, I think it's very important to recognize that the far-right militia groups and white supremacist organizations are exploiting what's happening, and rushing head-long into a situation, armed to the teeth, and doing so in a way that's going to exacerbate things, cause more violence and cause more chaos.

These militia groups are using the riots as an excuse to further their own political interests, which generally involve white supremacism.

I yet to see any video of white supremacists or anyone else for that matter doing ANYTHING to ANYONE in the "protests" except in self defense. The only ones looting burning and pillaging and murdering are the BLM protesters. **** them.

yeah and a guy was attacked from behind and used a rifle to defend his life. Good shoot

He had allegedly just shot a man in the head and was running away when attacked.

And now he's been arrested and charged with first degree murder.

He had allegedly just shot a man in the head and was running away when attacked.

Whoops...so much for the Great White Hope.

This isn't about damn property and material possessions.

It is about human lives.
Right. And if you value your life don't go burning people's property or looting their shops. Are the leftists so stupid that they think this could go on indefinitely without getting a response?

You still, don't get it. Property can be rebuilt. In fact with insurance, the owner of the property loses very little, might even gain.

Human lives cannot be replaced.

You have no clue how insurance works. None. These peoples lives are being destroyed. They have an absolute RIGHT to defend it. Quite frankly if business owners slaughtered the whole lot of the "protesters" and mounted their heads on pikes I would make it a POINT to patronize them. The protesters are worse than the cops who murdered people.

I think that you pray Biden wins and he might but the facts are this

1) lots of people are concerned that police have been told to stand down-leading to massive violence in dozens of Democrat run cities

2) those concerned people realize that they are the only defense against violent mobs, which is why so many first time gun buyers have been active

3) and those who want to ban guns, want to make things safer for violent mobs

I do prefer Joe Biden to Donald Trump, but I don't want him to make laws restricting the second amendment. And I don't think he will, but this idiot isn't helping.

If this kid was really concerned about the violence and about being assaulted, then he should have kept his ass at home and he damn sure shouldn't have walked into an ongoing protest of police brutality carrying an AR-15.

Is there any evidence whatsoever that any 'far right militia groups' were involved? You know nothing but are clearly attempting to make this political.

Trump haters/Mob supporters are bending over backwards to justify the violence and looting that democrat politicians are enabling-and in some cases, supporting

I do prefer Joe Biden to Donald Trump, but I don't want him to make laws restricting the second amendment. And I don't think he will, but this idiot isn't helping.

If this kid was really concerned about the violence and about being assaulted, then he should have kept his ass at home and he damn sure shouldn't have walked into an ongoing protest of police brutality carrying an AR-15.

sounds like blame the victim nonsense to me. why was the protestor packing heat and assaulting someone who had not attacked him?

Looks to me like the armed white guy was the violent one--you know, the felon who murdered two people and wounded third.
If you steal and destroy people's property you should expect a response, possible an armed one. One looter has been removed from the gene pool and if the looting and destruction continues there will likely be more. They should have been taught in school or at home that they should not steal.

Also, at this point, it's very difficult to determine exactly what happened and who is responsible.

After saying the above, you don't seem to have a problem deciding to say the below.

However, it's clear the far-right extremist militia groups and white supremacist groups seem very intent on starting a second civil war.

Perhaps you don't agree with the article you quoted when they say this:

The shootings came after a confrontation between protesters and armed men who said they were protecting a gas station, witnesses said.

that's not on the tape is it?

Trump haters/Mob supporters are bending over backwards to justify the violence and looting that democrat politicians are enabling-and in some cases, supporting

Seems you just tried to justify murder.

yeah and a guy was attacked from behind and used a rifle to defend his life. Good shoot

However this turns out, it's another example of someone who is publicly exercising his second amendment rights doing more harm to those rights than good.

There will be second amendment blowback from this thanks to that idiot.

No there wont. That clip shows exactly why one needs to be armed. He took down more than one attacker and the crowd scattered. They gave him very clear berth after he took a couple of them down.

These idiots seem to genuinely believe that they can steal and destroy with impunity by calling plundering a 'protest;.

sounds like blame the victim nonsense to me. why was the protestor packing heat and assaulting someone who had not attacked him?

Protester shouldn't have attacked him if that's indeed what happened. But I have more sympathy for someone carrying a concealed handgun in public than for someone brandishing an assault rifle. Both may be legal activities, but the latter is a stupid activity.

weak sauce.

this is from the guy who tries to turn every police shooting into a racial issue and calls the police "pigs"?

Looks to me like the armed white guy was the violent one--you know, the felon who murdered two people and wounded third.

You mean like the BLM bastards who have murdered more than 30 people?

People are dead that shouldn't be. What that child did was evil and he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. The cops pushed the protesters to the militia. They are complicit in this. It is unforgivable. The fascists must not be allowed to win. This is getting scary.

It is far past time for leftists to arm themselves.

No there wont. That clip shows exactly why one needs to be armed. He took down more than one attacker and the crowd scattered. They gave him very clear berth after he took a couple of them down.

You sound pretty sure of that. You are probably too young to remember when concealed carry was illegal in most states in the US. There was evidence why people needed to be armed back then too.

Protester shouldn't have attacked him if that's indeed what happened. But I have more sympathy for someone carrying a concealed handgun in public than for someone brandishing an assault rifle. Both may be legal activities, but the latter is a stupid activity.

I can sort of agree with that though we both know it was not an assault rifle

Back
Top Bottom