• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two customs agents sickened after suspicious package at JFK International Airport tes

Jango

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Airport tests positive for 'VX nerve gas'

A Postal Service mail sorting facility at New York's JFK International Airport has been quarantined today after a suspicious package tested positive for VX nerve gas.

Two Customs agents were sicked Sunday morning after inhaling the strange odor coming from the package, which unconfirmed reports indicate was shipped to the United States from China. Authorities say it is unlikely that the substance in the package is actually the deadly chemical weapon, but they are taking no chances.

VX nerve gas at JFK airport: 2 customs agents sicked after exposure to suspicious package | Mail Online

Another source: Suspected lethal nerve agent discovered at JFK Airport mail facility; two customs agents given emergency treatment - NYPOST.com

From China, eh? Nothing like chemical warfare through the mail…

I hope this isn't one of those stories that we don't get to hear or read all the grizzly details. I also hope that the two people sickened recover.

Re: Two customs agents sickened after suspicious package at JFK International Airport

What a weird story. Hope all is well for the TSA folks involved. It will probably turn out to be some ancient secret Chinese medicine to make your wiener bigger.

Re: Two customs agents sickened after suspicious package at JFK International Airport

Well, there goes those dreams of a lifetime of workers comp for the two idiots. How "sickened" can someone get from inhaling a little acetone? Sounds like they tested it, it came back as VX and they pooped their pants.

Well, there goes those dreams of a lifetime of workers comp for the two idiots. How "sickened" can someone get from inhaling a little acetone? Sounds like they tested it, it came back as VX and they pooped their pants.

…which was reported. Now, after plenty of people have been scared, the government comes in and thinks of 'delicate sensibilities', thus, lowering VX nerve agent to beauty products. The funny thing about this is that people will accept the second explanation now even after reading the first.

VX has been around for awhile, I remember NBC training included VX back in the good ol' FRG days. As I recall it is a member of a rather large family of pesticides and as such less lethal chemicals could be used in training. I want to say they are organophoshates or some such and we used our rather crude detectors on test samples that triggered the proper response. The army could also spray some crap on the grass that turned our litmus paper strips we pinned to our uniforms indicating the presence of VX but of course there wasn't any present.

Nail polish remover they say, well that crap is deadly enough without adding VX! :shock:

Maybe it was some of that noxious Chinese toothpaste? ;)

Back
Top Bottom