• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two countries from each continent - which countries could you imagine to live in?

Which countries could you possibly choose to live in?

• Canada

• Chile

• Sweden

• France

• Egypt

• South Africa

• Israel

• Indonesia

• New Zealand

• Samoa

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Two countries from each continent - which countries could you imagine to live in?

2 x 5 = 10.
Exactly as many options are possible.

Btw: In Germany we count North- and South-America as ONE continent.
In the US you think these are 2 continents.
Something can probably be said for both ways of counting.

I could see myself living in Sweden, Canada and New Zealand for a longer time.

Israel too, but it is kinda too urban and desert-like for me (like the Phoenix Arizona area).

I could live in France and Chile for a few weeks only.

I have lived in Indonesia (Bali). It's a cool place but it's getting very touristy. I preferred the interior, mountainous part of Bali (the area around Ubud) instead of the beach. It's somewhat more off the beaten path and you avoid the casual tourists, but you still have access to modern life.

Of the others on your list, I could see myself living in Chile, France, or Israel. I'm thinking about maybe spending at least a month in Paris next summer.

I voted for Samoa also - though I am not sure whether it is really as pleasant there as some stories would have it.

Beautiful Samoa: The cradle of Polynesia​

Samoa is quite popular in Germany, as it was German once. :)

German Samoa (German: Deutsch-Samoa) was a German protectorate from 1900 to 1920, consisting of the islands of Upolu, Savai'i, Apolima and Manono, now wholly within the independent state of Samoa, formerly Western Samoa. Samoa was the last German colonial acquisition in the Pacific basin, received following the Tripartite Convention signed at Washington on 2 December 1899 with ratifications exchanged on 16 February 1900.[1][2] It was the only German colony in the Pacific, aside from the Kiautschou Bay concession in China, that was administered separately from German New Guinea.

Canada is now leading the list with 3 votes from 4 voters.

I now live in Sweden and have lived in France for my first four years. I would choose Quebec, Canada, in first place for the simple reason that I have a son and three grandchildren there.

Fortunately we don’t have to follow the way that Germany sees the world.

Fortunately we don’t have to follow the way that Germany sees the world.
Nor are we obliged to follow either of the two radically different ways the USA sees the world. Or indeed the multitude of Americans who barely acknowledge that 'the rest of the world' exists.

Why isn't Antarctica on the list, IT IS A CONTINENT!

11 voters now :)

And:

9 for Canada
7 for France

Nor are we obliged to follow either of the two radically different ways the USA sees the world. Or indeed the multitude of Americans who barely acknowledge that 'the rest of the world' exists.
I'm sorry an American hurt you. Given that the Germans tried to conquer the world, one can look askance at how Germany counts continents.

2 x 5 = 10.

I've lived in South Africa, Israel, and France (very short term for France). Other places as well but you failed to list them.

Now:

10 out of 14 for Canada
00 out of 14 for Egypt

Sweden: Dancing around the midsummer pole​

Now: 5 votes

2 x 5 = 10.

Which of those countries has the fewest libruls?

And why is Egypt without any vote? :)

The Peoples's Republic of Canuckistan, France, and Kiwi.

And why is Egypt without any vote?
The current Egyptian government is very abusive. Nassar or Sadat would be much preferred.

Spose I could try Canada, or France. I'd prefer Germany to France, though.

Everywhere else just seems too hot.

There are no two countries from each of the five continents
What is it that you think that means?

'Cause from here it doesn't say anything.

Back
Top Bottom