• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two concealed carry permit holders shoot and kill each other in Michigan

head of joaquin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Police said the 43-year-old Pullum and the other victim, 56-year-old Robert Taylor, both pulled their vehicles into the car wash after some type of road-rage incident moments earlier.

Both had permits to carry concealed weapons.

This is the gun advocates' vision of America's future. Helluvavision.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/268289/280/Enraged-drivers-shoot-kill-each-other

Daily Kos: Two concealed carry permit holders shoot and kill each other in Michigan

Relatives of James Pullum, one of two dead in road rage shootout, witnessed shootings | MLive.com

And realistically how often does this happen? We have had conceal carry for years now, and still the streets are not running with blood because of CCW. Nice hyperbole though.

It did remove two violent felons without the need for an expensive trial. ;)

I've had a CCW (two different states) for about 18 years now. I've yet to shoot anybody.

I wonder, when two street thugs shoot and kill each other, do they have CCW's?

Nice try, no teddy bear HoJ.

Weird. I've only shot like 4 people under stand your ground law with my concealed weapon here in Florida. This doesn't happen to me like 90% of the time I leave the house with a gun.

Oh wait!!! This never happens to me. And I have Never heard of it happening to someone I know who carries concealed.

Then there is Vermont, probably one of the most Progressive states in the US, and one with the most open gun laws in the nation.

Gun laws in Vermont - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vermont Gun Laws.jpg

Hmmm. With such laws, to follow the ProgLibs logic, one has to wonder what the murder rate is in such a wide open State.

I've had a CCW (two different states) for about 18 years now. I've yet to shoot anybody.
I have been walking around now for 35 years without a CCW and I have had the same luck that you have had. :2razz: ;)

The 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss. was halted by a staff member who retrieved his gun from his car. The 1998 middle school shooting stopped when a neighbor heard the shots and intervened with his gun. The 2002 shooting in a law school in Gundy, Va. was stopped by armed students. The 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah ended when an armed off-duty officer intervened. The 2009 workplace shooting in Houston was stopped by coworkers with handguns. The 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo. was stopped by an armed parishioner. The 2012 Portland mall killer took his life when confronted with a gun by a CCW permit holder. When evil comes, you have seconds to save yourself and others. Under the best of circumstances police are still minutes away.

It did remove two violent felons without the need for an expensive trial. ;)

I'm going to assume that at least one of these guys was playing defense. It's an incredibly sad testimony to the problem of road rage.

I have been walking around now for 35 years without a CCW and I have had the same luck that you have had. :2razz: ;)

Good! :thumbs:

The point was that it doesn't matter if someone has a CCW or not if people are going to shoot someone, they will.

The OP tried to make it sound like it only happened because they had a CCW.

And realistically how often does this happen? We have had conceal carry for years now, and still the streets are not running with blood because of CCW. Nice hyperbole though.

The point is, given the worldview of the gun advocates, and their desire to arm society, it would happen all the time if they had their way.

Helluvavision.

So what?

Morons exist everywhere these days.

Looks to me like two less to worry about.

Who cares?

Morons = morons.

Morons with guns = dead people.

Out of how many millions of CCW holders? Better track record than law enforcement....

But but but, if you had you're way, it would happen all the time wouldn't it? Don't you want an armed society, with guys shooting it out over parking spaces? Be honest now.

No this is just Darwin in action.

Darwinism doesn't involve the collateral damage of loose gun laws, nor the caustic social effects of an armed society

Morons = morons.

Morons with guns = dead people.

If gun owners were as bad as you claim they are, this board would have never been cluttered up with the crap you post here

and if gun owners were as bad as you claim they are, you'd never be making those claims from a computer that a good computer geek can tie to your name and address

HEY!! I know how to solve "road rage."

Taking a page from gun control...let's ban motor vehicles!! Wait, that wouldn't work because we'd still have bicycles...we'll just have to ban all wheeled vehicles.

Hmm, I wonder if we'd still have road rage using horses and buggies? Prolly not with horses, but just to be safe, let's ban buggies and sleighs too.

Problem solved. ;) LOL

Taking an extremely rare, possibly unique, event... and pretending it would be commonplace if XYZ.... utter nonsense.

Somewhere around 39 or 40 states have easy to get CCW; some of these states have a million or more CCWers; reports of this kind of thing are almost nonexistent. Utter fail.

funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

If gun owners were as bad as you claim they are, this board would have never been cluttered up with the crap you post here

and if gun owners were as bad as you claim they are, you'd never be making those claims from a computer that a good computer geek can tie to your name and address

I'm a gun owner and I resent and resist being lumped together with some moron walking the streets carrying a concealed weapon. Set theory- those morons are gun owners but not all gun owners are morons.

Taking an extremely rare, possibly unique, event... and pretending it would be commonplace if XYZ.... utter nonsense.

Somewhere around 39 or 40 states have easy to get CCW; some of these states have a million or more CCWers; reports of this kind of thing are almost nonexistent. Utter fail.

View attachment 67153953

What?? You don't like my idea to ban all wheeled vehicles and even snow sleighs? Won't that stop road rage? I'm only following the logic of gun control. ;)

Back
Top Bottom