• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two concealed carry permit holders shoot and kill each other in Michigan

Taking an extremely rare, possibly unique, event... and pretending it would be commonplace if XYZ.... utter nonsense.

Somewhere around 39 or 40 states have easy to get CCW; some of these states have a million or more CCWers; reports of this kind of thing are almost nonexistent. Utter fail.

View attachment 67153953

HOJ's patron saint, Sarah Brady, claimed that CCW permits would cause the streets to run red with blood. when they didn't she continued to lie and kept making the same claims as does her dishonest minions

I'm a gun owner and I resent and resist being lumped together with some moron walking the streets carrying a concealed weapon. Set theory- those morons are gun owners but not all gun owners are morons.

why don't you take more offense at the idiocy HOJ spews in a pathetic effort to tar and feather all gun owners as he does

I'm a gun owner and I resent and resist being lumped together with some moron walking the streets carrying a concealed weapon. Set theory- those morons are gun owners but not all gun owners are morons.

I started typing a reply, then I realized that such nonsense is not worthy of any reply other than silence.

HEY!! I know how to solve "road rage."

Taking a page from gun control...let's ban motor vehicles!! Wait, that wouldn't work because we'd still have bicycles...we'll just have to ban all wheeled vehicles.

Hmm, I wonder if we'd still have road rage using horses and buggies? Prolly not with horses, but just to be safe, let's ban buggies and sleighs too.

Problem solved. ;) LOL

Translated: armed men shooting each other is part of your vision for America's future.

Yep, that's what I said.

HOJ's patron saint, Sarah Brady, claimed that CCW permits would cause the streets to run red with blood. when they didn't she continued to lie and kept making the same claims as does her dishonest minions

The issue is, if the streets do run red with blood as insecure gun owners shoot it out over parking disputes, that's OK with you, right?

Just step up to the microphone and tell us.

I have been walking around now for 35 years without a CCW and I have had the same luck that you have had. :2razz: ;)

I'm glad nothing bad has never happen to you but you never know what the day will bring. I rather have my gun on me and not need it, then need it and not have it.

The issue is, if the streets do run red with blood as insecure gun owners shoot it out over parking disputes, that's OK with you, right?

Nah I was hoping they would only shoot anti gun trolls.

that would be a benefit to the public

Taking an extremely rare, possibly unique, event... and pretending it would be commonplace if XYZ.... utter nonsense.

Somewhere around 39 or 40 states have easy to get CCW; some of these states have a million or more CCWers; reports of this kind of thing are almost nonexistent. Utter fail.

View attachment 67153

What's failed? I posted something that actually happened and asked if that was part of the vision gun lovers like you have for the future.

You can just say no if you think otherwise. But I suspect that you don't really think it's a problem: if gun owners shoot it out over parking disputes that's just the price we pay for your 2nd Amendment rights, correct? It rather predictable that the more people carry concealed weapons the more outcomes like this will happen.

It's your vision, not mine: tell us what it is.

But but but, if you had you're way, it would happen all the time wouldn't it? Don't you want an armed society, with guys shooting it out over parking spaces? Be honest now.

But, but, but, in the majority of states, I do have it my way and it does not happen. Hopefully there will be good guys we want armed shooting the thugs, rapists and murderers you want armed. That would really make you cry and wring your hands wouldn't it? Be honest now.

Sheesh.....:roll:

be armed....... That would really make you cry wouldn't it? Be honest now.

Nah I was hoping they would only shoot anti gun trolls.

that would be a benefit to the public

Making personal threats now. Predictable.

I'll chaulk you up as one the guys who thinks it's OK that we have public gun fights over parking disputes. It's the price we have to pay for your gun "rights" correct?

But, but, but, in the majority of states, I do have it my way and it does not happen. Hopefully there will be good guys we want armed shooting the thugs, rapists and murderers you want armed. That would really make you cry and wring your hands wouldn't it? Be honest now.

Sheesh.....:roll:

be armed....... That would really make you cry wouldn't it? Be honest now.

It's predictable that as more people carry guns in public, more public shootings will occur. More people are doing so, and more such shootings are occurring.

But that's OK with you? Yes or no. You don't need to equivocate -- all the local boomstickers will support you.

Taking a a very rare event and trying to apply to everyday. Something that is statically insignificant is that insignificant.

That's not the question. If it became a common event (which somewhat predictably it will as guns in public become more prominent), would that be OK with you in the sense that you wouldn't want more restrictive gun laws to prevent it. It's not that complex a question.

next your going to me telling me, we are going to have a shootouts among armed litter-bugs.

Last edited:
Making personal threats now. Predictable.

I'll chaulk you up as one the guys who thinks it's OK that we have public gun fights over parking disputes. It's the price we have to pay for your gun "rights" correct?

How's that a personal threat

are you admitting to being an anti gun troll?

and I didn't say I would be doing it

besides, I prefer knives myself:mrgreen:

I think you don't care about public safety

your goal is to harass gun owners for stuff that has nothing to do with crime

That's not the question. If it became a common event (which somewhat predictably it will as guns in public become more prominent), would that be OK with you in the sense that you wouldn't want more restrictive gun laws to prevent it. It's not that complex a question.

guns have become more prominent yet it is not happening, so your predictions are not only dishonest but they are contrary to known reality

since gun deaths have gone down, and yet you want more bans, you are worse than those who would oppose more laws even if the rates went up since we support freedom and you apparently want to punish people for no sound reason

No more or less OK than it is for your habit to cause fathers to beat or abuse their wives and children, friends and aquaintences to rape women they know. Seems you live happily partaking of mind altering substances and do not consider the harm to other people those substances cause. Oh wait, in your case it's OK because you don't do those kinds of things. That is other people.

why don't you take more offense at the idiocy HOJ spews in a pathetic effort to tar and feather all gun owners as he does

He's on about an armed society, and I agree with him. My rifles are for hunting and coon control and are simply tools of rural living. Most people in the city or suburbs don't need firearms and thanks to runaway gun advocacy there can't be a provision for requiring training and demonstrated competence. You have to demonstrate competence before you're allowed to drive a car but all you need to carry a concealed handgun is the declared desire to do so. If you guys (handgun advocates) don't start advocating licensing based on training and qualification, you're gonna lose support from the mainstream- those millions who don't want to carry but still (for now) support your right to do so.

Last edited:
The point is, given the worldview of the gun advocates, and their desire to arm society, it would happen all the time if they had their way.

Helluvavision.

Obviously you have an issue with blanket statements based on hyperbole. We don't want to "arm society." We want those who wish to legally be armed to be able to enjoy their right to do so. So I will just let it go as my statement is obviously still true.

I started typing a reply, then I realized that such nonsense is not worthy of any reply other than silence.

Well, then, you missed your chance to shut up, didn'tcha.

He's on about an armed society, and I agree with him. My rifles are for hunting and coon control and are simply tools of rural living. Most people in the city or suburbs don't need firearms and thanks to runaway gun advocacy there can't be a provision or requiring training and demonstrated competence. You have to demonstrate competence before you're allowed to drive a car but all you need to carry a concealed handgun is the declared desire to do so. If you guys (handgun advocates) don't start advocating licensing based on training and qualification, you're gonna lose support from the mainstream- those millions who don't want to carry but still (for now) support your right to do so.

and you get upset when those of us who are pro rights advocates note you are an anti gun contrarian. Its the moronic confusing a car with a constitutional right that is proof

the fact is-people like HOJ are anti gun for reasons that have nothing to do with lack of training or even improper shootings. Its all about the politics and life choices of those of us who don't outsource self preservation to the government that bugs those who worship being a sheep dependent on the farmer to tae ke care of them

You aren't in any position to tell anyone else what they need

indeed that sort of attitude is a good reason why people NEED guns

Darwinism doesn't involve the collateral damage of loose gun laws, nor the caustic social effects of an armed society
There shouldn't be loose gun laws because there shouldn't be any gun laws in the first place. No NICS. No ATF. No FFLs. Certainly no registration. Nothing.

It's predictable that as more people carry guns in public, more public shootings will occur. More people are doing so, and more such shootings are occurring.

But that's OK with you? Yes or no. You don't need to equivocate -- all the boomstickers will support you.

Nope it's not OK with me. On the other hand, I accept that there will always be pinheads that abuse their rights and freedoms. That is why we try and hold them accountable. Should we hold you accountable for drivers who choose to drive while under the influence? If we hold people responsible for the deaths, costs and tragedies caused by others due a particular right or freedom, alcohol users exceed firearms users by a huge margin. So really, you are far more responsible for the deaths of others than firearms owners.

Back
Top Bottom