• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Twitter video appears to show Madison Cawthorn being groped by staffer

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

• A viral video appears to show Rep. Madison Cawthorn having his groin groped by a male associate.
  • FireMadison.com also posted a screenshot of Venmo payments it said were made by Cawthorn.
  • The payments made to the same male associate include labels like "the stuff we did in Amsterdam."

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

DarkWizard12

Sir Poop A lot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
This is what happens when you out the Congressional drug and sex galas…..

After all Cawthorn’s behavior, it was his comments about drugs and orgies that got him a dressing down by McCarthy…….

i mean, it seems true, at least for him

but of all the things the US is dealing with, i don't care who is having sex with whom. I think we should just all collectively bury the hatchet on all sex scandals(unless it's illegal of course), just ignore them. The politicians are rich and powerful, of course they're going to **** each other. It happens. Let's just shrug off these "sex scandals", end the war on drugs because even politicians are users, and look at actual substance.

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
How in the world did they get ahold of that info? It's pretty incriminating about some things if real.

Michael Cole

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
i mean, it seems true, at least for him

but of all the things the US is dealing with, i don't care who is having sex with whom. I think we should just all collectively bury the hatchet on all sex scandals(unless it's illegal of course), just ignore them. The politicians are rich and powerful, of course they're going to **** each other. It happens. Let's just shrug off these "sex scandals", end the war on drugs because even politicians are users, and look at actual substance.
I agree things would be better if we went back to an era of not caring who JFK was banging, but that was before the 'moral majority' took over the Republican right. What's been pointed out is hypocrisy and as long as the right takes a moral stand on sexuality, it's fair game.

RAMOSS

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
How in the world did they get ahold of that info? It's pretty incriminating about some things if real.
I don't know, but there is an ethics complaint that has been filed .

Between that one, and the crypto currency insider trading one, he's not looking good.
Of course, he is very likely to get primaried out by his own party, even before this. If he doesn't, he is very likely to actually LOSE.

RAMOSS

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I agree things would be better if we went back to an era of not caring who JFK was banging, but that was before the 'moral majority' took over the Republican right. What's been pointed out is hypocrisy and as long as the right takes a moral stand on sexuality, it's fair game.
I find the repeated misdemeanor against him more troubling TBH...

DarkWizard12

Sir Poop A lot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
I agree things would be better if we went back to an era of not caring who JFK was banging, but that was before the 'moral majority' took over the Republican right.
Weird, because everyone hating on cawthorn are people with pronouns in their bios. are you sure it isn't the moralists that have taken over the left?
What's been pointed out is hypocrisy
Cawthorn has a mixed reputation on the right at best. I'm sure you can find SOME hypocrites on the right on this, but generally, it seems most conservatives have no opinion at all on him. How, then is that hypocrisy?
and as long as the right takes a moral stand on sexuality, it's fair game.
"moral stands on sexuality" like putting up rainbow flags everywhere and talking about the poor, little, trans children who need hormone blockers?

Allan

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
That's what I'm wondering. Stephen Smith obviously took the video, but how did it become public? Is this a bit of 'hey, look at me!" by Cowthorn?

Top Bottom