• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Twitter suspends account that helped ignite controversy over viral encounter.

If it was found on Twitter or BuzzFeed and bashes Trump or his supporters then it must be real news "if true" - right? ;)

To be fair, some "conservative" media outlets ran with that "assault by smirk" story too.

Yes, some so called journalists and commentators associated with "conservative" media did indeed pile on in this social media lynching of these kids. And they did so by accepting the left's premise. Now journalists/commentators/celebrity figures have become cyber jackals that in a matter of minutes can destroy a person's life while not doing any research before they pile on. Now that is evil.

I did hear tonight that an attorney is working with the kids and their families in suing the media for defaming them and he is offering his services for free. They can either delete their social media posts and retract their stories or they will see them in court. I hope the story is true. Now is the time for all good people to come to the party to hold the MSM and forms of social media accountable.

Last edited:
Yeah, they were sure unmoved .. while raising their arms in tomahawk chops.

Kids did the tomahawk chop in support of the drum beating tribal chief? 'What the problem is?'

WTF???? So did Steve Bannon finally successfully lobby against shadow bans? Does this mean that Diamond and Silk can finally go away??? Please let me know the exact date this happened so I can put it in my records. Thanksies!

You people sure are good at twisting stories so much that they go against the very policies you were advocating for last week.

I like Diamond and Silk. They are a class act.

I have to hand it to CNN they really ****ed up but they put in the extra effort to correct the mistake.

Maybe it's finally starting to dawn on them: two major ****ups in one week could be bad for business. :shrug:

Maybe it's finally starting to dawn on them: two major ****ups in one week could be bad for business. :shrug:

Hopefully they take the hint and fire all the writers that are complete retards. The quality of their articles might improve, then people might stop talking **** about their crappy journalism.

"Twitter suspended an account on Monday afternoon that helped spread a controversial encounter between a Native American elder and a group of high school students wearing Make America Great Again hats.

The account claimed to belong to a California schoolteacher. Its profile photo was not of a schoolteacher, but of a blogger based in Brazil, CNN Business found. Twitter suspended the account soon after CNN Business asked about it."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like the MSM and libtard media really messed up this time. It turns out a fake Twitter account that goes by the name @fight2020, originally got the viral from Instagram and added the caption.

"This MAGA loser gleefully bothering a Native American protester at the Indigenous Peoples March."

After the live stream of the march came out people soon realized that orginal story was BS and the MSM went into full controll mode and tracked down the account that helped spread the fake news.

I have to hand it to CNN they really ****ed up but they put in the extra effort to correct the mistake.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/tech/twitter-suspends-account-native-american-maga-teens/index.html

Yes, they suspended it as soon as CNN pointed out that it was clearly a suspicious account. And as it turned out, CNN was right. Good for CNN and Twitter for getting rid of a fake account that violates their Terms of Service. I wish they would do it more.

Yeah, they were sure unmoved .. while raising their arms in tomahawk chops.

That's the only thing I saw the boys doing that I found really offensive. The smirking? Meh. Smirks don't bother me. That action was really disgraceful. I know the Trump Fans are trying to ignore it because these kids were wearing MAGA hats, but decent people won't ignore it. The kids and the Native American man both acted improperly. Let's not pretend these boys were innocent victims of intimidation.

That's the only thing I saw the boys doing that I found really offensive. The smirking? Meh. Smirks don't bother me. That action was really disgraceful. I know the Trump Fans are trying to ignore it because these kids were wearing MAGA hats, but decent people won't ignore it. The kids and the Native American man both acted improperly. Let's not pretend these boys were innocent victims of intimidation.

There was a prep squad with the group of kids FFS, that's where the chanting and cheering(tomahawk chopping) come from. The kids and Sandmann did nothing wrong. Chief Wild Turkey and the lair tribe got in Sandmann's face
standyourground.jpg
to create a photo op and latter lie about what took place.

There was a prep squad with the group of kids FFS, that's where the chanting and cheering(tomahawk chopping) come from. The kids and Sandmann did nothing wrong. Chief Wild Turkey and the lair tribe got in Sandmann's face
View attachment 67248526
to create a photo op and latter lie about what took place.

Okay? Not sure what your post has to do with me, and I have no idea who Sandmann is anyway.

What progressive values do you possess? Just curious.

Prep squads don't do tomahawk chops in our school. Maybe they do in Kentucky. But if they do, most kids in my neck of the woods are taught to not make slanty eyes at Asians, and not make tomahawk chops at Native Americans.

Okay? Not sure what your post has to do with me, and I have no idea who Sandmann is anyway.

Nick Sandmann, the smirking hero that bravely stood his ground.

What progressive values do you possess? Just curious.

Right-Wing Progressivism;
the support for or advocacy of improvement of society by right-wing reform. As a philosophy, it is based on the idea of progress, which asserts that advancements in science, technology and economic development are vital to the improvement of the American condition.

Prep squads don't do tomahawk chops in our school.Maybe they do in Kentucky. But if they do, most kids in my neck of the woods are taught to not make slanty eyes at Asians, and not make tomahawk chops at Native Americans.

They were chanting and cheering along with Native lairs, there's no need to make up BS.

Nick Sandmann, the smirking hero that bravely stood his ground.

Right-Wing Progressivism;
the support for or advocacy of improvement of society by right-wing reform. As a philosophy, it is based on the idea of progress, which asserts that advancements in science, technology and economic development are vital to the improvement of the American condition.

They were chanting and cheering along with Native lairs, there's no need to make up BS.

You are not a progressive by the definition we all understand on this board.

No idea what a native lair is. The high school's mascot is The Colonel. The Kentucky Colonel isn't known for tomahawk chopping. If their name was The Chiefs it would make sense. It was done as a means of belittling Native Americans. I was a teenager once myself. They can be obnoxious, as these kids were. And I can't say I blame them for being obnoxious. But they were not the choir boys some of you are making them out to be. They probably lick the windows when the short yellow bus passes them.

You are not a progressive by the definition we all understand on this board.

It not my fault you guys haven't heard about Right-Wing Progressivism.

No idea what a native lair is.

It's how retards that can't spell, type, or be bothered proof read anything spell liar.

The high school's mascot is The Colonel. The Kentucky Colonel isn't known for tomahawk chopping.

That is besides the point, it doesn't matter one bit who the school mascot is or the school cheer is. The kids claimed that they started to chant and cheer along with the Native Liars, a tomahawk chop would be considered part of a improvised cheer.

So 90% of illegal opioids come over the southern border and 60,000 American dying from OD every year isn't a crisis? How many American lives need to be lost before YOU think its a crisis. I have cared for patients that have OD on Mexican black tar heroin. Believe me their parents think its a crisis.

It is fair to claim the opioid epidemic is a crisis. But it is disingenuous to use that as a reason for the wall as they are smuggled through legal points of entry. The wall MAY put a dent in illegal immigration, but it isn’t going to affect drug smuggling.

It not my fault you guys haven't heard about Right-Wing Progressivism.

It's how retards that can't spell, type, or be bothered proof read anything spell liar.

That is besides the point, it doesn't matter one bit who the school mascot is or the school cheer is. The kids claimed that they started to chant and cheer along with the Native Liars, a tomahawk chop would be considered part of a improvised cheer.

So if I said "Bonsai" to an Asian person, and slanted my eyes with my fingers, that would be considered an "improvised cheer"?

Back
Top Bottom