• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Twitter provides a great example of liberal blindness to hypocrisy.

Reading comprehension isn't really a priority of the Republican skill set.

Living in denial...if not for that, where would leftists live?

Living in denial...if not for that, where would leftists live?
We are living the high Life now we control the house, Senate and Joe is POTUS.

It really does just leave me astounded at seeing the levels of hypocrisy that is displayed by the left. I'm not being hyperbolic. It's like they have the memory of a potato. We saw months and months of systemic violence, in cities across the nation on a much larger scale than on the 6th, but that's A-OK. It was more than 2 seconds ago so it doesn't exist.

Now Twitter is going on about how Uganda blocking social media apps and believing their should be competition in the market of ideas. Like...uhhh, no you don't. The hubris of it.
View attachment 67313220
So, do you still support Trump after all this?

If this is a hypocrisy thread I would need to know your answer to this question first.

So, do you still support Trump after all this?

If this is a hypocrisy thread I would need to know your answer to this question first.

What the **** does my thread have to do with supporting Trump? Do you understand that there is an entire world that has nothing to do with him? I know, I know...Trump has been a 4 year obsession for progressives so I can understand why you'd be confused.

Attachments

• D4B94A9F-D296-41D1-A268-452C738C2566.jpeg
    D4B94A9F-D296-41D1-A268-452C738C2566.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 2
Note the word "sounds". Similar terms litter posts from the right on this issue. "Feel" "think" " believe" etc. Which are all emotional terms and therefore suspect.

And I have seen this one debunked as well. Bad assumptions in the math led to erroneous conclusions.

And now we will see the problem I am trying to address. If this opportunity was intentional, thank you.

Because this is one I remember. I will have to look up the fact check.

But here is what i predict: you will reject anything and everything i produce is fake news, liberal lies, rejection of sources, something like that.

But before I go digging, would you like to continue?

Note the word "sounds". Similar terms litter posts from the right on this issue. "Feel" "think" " believe" etc. Which are all emotional terms and therefore suspect.

And I have seen this one debunked as well. Bad assumptions in the math led to erroneous conclusions.

And now we will see the problem I am trying to address. If this opportunity was intentional, thank you.

Because this is one I remember. I will have to look up the fact check.

But here is what i predict: you will reject anything and everything i produce is fake news, liberal lies, rejection of sources, something like that.

But before I go digging, would you like to continue?

If you have seen it debunked, please provide the info.

I sure hope that debunk is better than how they debunked the hidden suitcases in Georgia.

Georgia poll worker tells everyone that because of a water main break, they are stopping the count & resume in the morning.

As soon as the republicans & MSM go home , the democrats pulled hidden ballots from multiple suitcases and started counting again.

How was it debunked you ask....
They said that was their procedures & that is all they offered.

I can’t help but wonder.....
Why they lied about a water main break, that did not occur?
Why they continued counting when there were no republican monitors.
I would also like to know why ballots were in suitcases that were hidden.

There were also a lot of chain of custody gaps in Georgia.

You certain have issue with people that think differently having a voice.
I have issues with hypocrites, who for some reason didn't take Trump to task when he threatened to shut down Twitter, threatened to shut down NBC, called the press an "enemy of the people," threw journalists out of press conferences because he didn't like their questions; and then are shocked -- shocked, I say! -- when their Dear Leader gets booted from Twitter after inciting an attack the Capitol Building.

I also have issues with the theocratic-autocratic conservatives (Amari, Hawley, Hannity, Carlson, Trump, Barr etc) who would love to censor the left, and use complaints about censorship as a distraction and partisan weapon.

Oh, and having other opinions is fine. Plotting to overthrow the federal government? Not so much.

Or, they could change their moderation policies and moderate in a more fair and reasonable non-partisan manner without all the censorship and keep 230 protections.
Oh, really? And who gets to decide what is "fair" and "reasonable" and "non-partisan?" 'Cause it won't be you.

Obviously, that has to be some sort of government agency -- which amounts to government regulation of speech, and lots of it. Why do you hate the 1st Amendment?

Oh, wait, I already covered that possibility -- and pointed out that right now, it will be Democrats making those decisions. So again I ask, are you good with that?

In case I didn't mention it before: It is downright ridiculous to assume that any such review board, no matter who staffs it, will escape criticism that it is "biased" or "partisan. The instant they uphold 230 protections for any site that justifiably bans a conservative, y'all will scream bloody murder. (And yes, leftists will do the same thing if a conservative site keeps its protections.)

I noticed that christianforums.com does not allow the promotion of abortion, marijuana, adultery, premarital sex, homosexuality, same-sex marriage, any non-Christian religious beliefs, or QAnon. That doesn't sound very "neutral" or "non-partisan." When do you plan to take away their Section 230 protections?

By the way: In your new regime, will inciting the overthrow of the government via social networks be allowed? Asking for a friend.

For example, this site has moderation but there isn't a political bent to it.
lol

Unlike Facebook, DP doesn't have 2.7 billion users (including 20 million minors), so it can handle a more relaxed set of policies. Without Section 230, though, you can kiss that relaxed attitude goodbye.

You can start a controversial thread about transwomen not actually being women and it will remain and debated or w/e. What happens on Twitter if you post the same? You're gone.
Oh, really? Is that why JK Rowling got booted from Twitter -- oh, wait, she didn't. She's not alone, either.

What you can't do is deadname or deliberately misgender people, which is what Meghan Murphy and Miranda Yardley did. (You also can't sock puppet after getting suspended for harassment, as Claire Graham did.)

After being told to delete 4 offensive deadnaming Tweets, Murphy Tweeted "This is ****ing bullshit @twitter." Tell me, what do you think would happen if you got points on DP, and posted "This is ****ing bullshit" in the General Politics forum? I'm gonna take a wild guess that the mods won't rescind your points.

I'm sooo sorry that you can't deliberately and hurtfully insult transgender people on Twitter. No, really, I'm totally broken up by that. :rolleyes:

Why is Parler losing support by Amazon appropriate?
Because Parler users were plotting the violent overthrow of the government right up to the moment they got yanked -- and Parler absolutely refuses to do anything about it.

That includes threats to assassinate Pelosi, AOC/The Squad, Soros, Gates, Schumer, Obama, Schiff, Dorsey, Zuckerberg, "liberal activists," BLM activists, the NFL, the NBA, the NHL players (seriously?), the Capitol Police, and to start a civil war.

Unlike Twitter and Facebook, Parler's CEO and management have flat-out refused to adjust their moderation policies one bit. Heck, to them it's a selling point. They might as well run ads saying "Plan your overthrow of America on Parler!"

I'd also add that if advertisers or vendors said they don't want to work with Twitter or Facebook because they didn't boot Trump and his violent followers soon enough, then I'm 💯% down with that. That is their choice. It's also radically different than, say, the federal government completely shutting them down 2 days before an election. Right...? :unsure:

How was it debunked you ask....
It was debunked by election officials who can tell the difference between a suitcase and a standard ballot container.

Why they lied about a water main break, that did not occur?
It is the conspiracy theorists who are lying. There was an actual water leak in the building, and it temporarily stopped counting for 2 hours.

Why they continued counting when there were no republican monitors.
That didn't happen. That is another lie by the conspiracy theorists.

I would also like to know why ballots were in suitcases that were hidden.

There were also a lot of chain of custody gaps in Georgia.
No. There weren't. Yet another lie.

Trump's brand-new pick for US Attorney in Georgia, who went in expecting to find tons of evidence of fraud, found NOTHING.

There's no fraud. It didn't happen. It's just sour grapes by Trump enthusiasts, who can't handle the election loss.

It was debunked by election officials who can tell the difference between a suitcase and a standard ballot container.

It is the conspiracy theorists who are lying. There was an actual water leak in the building, and it temporarily stopped counting for 2 hours.

Your wrong & you provided no proof.

There was no water main leak. At 8am a urinal overflowed, and that’s it.

Watch the video......
A women with blonde braces lied & said there was a water main break & that was a lie.

Then the media & republicans left & they pulled out hidden ballots from under the table & continued counting unobserved & unsupervised which is against the statue.

No debunk, they lied & have no excuse why they lied. You don’t lie to make other people leave unless your doing something shady.

What the **** does my thread have to do with supporting Trump? Do you understand that there is an entire world that has nothing to do with him? I know, I know...Trump has been a 4 year obsession for progressives so I can understand why you'd be confused.
You were so worried about being on point with the cutdown that you forgot to answer the question. It's directly related to the hypocrisy theme of your thread. I can't answer your question without your answer.

Twitter should have banned TPFKAT years ago.
RT peddles the propaganda like that in the OP, delighted to further divide and smear the USA.

The CT forum is that way -------------v
So you know where to take your cartoon creature named 'theleft'. You know, that non-existent creature who you say thinks the riots and looting last summer are A-okay. He'll be at home there.
While you're there, look around for those truckloads of Trump votes. You could make the right squeal with glee if you could bring them home.

RT peddles the propaganda like that in the OP, delighted to further divide and smear the USA.

I seen the story on Fox tonight & then I googled the story to post it. If that site is no good, google the story, it is many locations as my earlier post shows.

ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, & MSNBC Skip stories that do not reflect well on the left.

That’s why I posted it in Breaking News - Non MSM.

Now back to this story....

Fox News - Laura Ingram ran the story Wednesday night 1/13 on Fox

Last edited:

i'm sure that some foreign powers are thrilled about the resulting chaos, which was and continues to be the goal. it's not that difficult to manipulate a two tribal system which is already trying to manipulate itself, it seems.

It really does just leave me astounded at seeing the levels of hypocrisy that is displayed by the left. I'm not being hyperbolic. It's like they have the memory of a potato. We saw months and months of systemic violence, in cities across the nation on a much larger scale than on the 6th, but that's A-OK. It was more than 2 seconds ago so it doesn't exist.

Now Twitter is going on about how Uganda blocking social media apps and believing their should be competition in the market of ideas. Like...uhhh, no you don't. The hubris of it.
View attachment 67313220

One is a private company deplatforming terrorists. The other is a government banning free speech. This is not the same.

One is a private company deplatforming terrorists. The other is a government banning free speech. This is not the same.

Talk about ultimate disingenuousness. Many people have been removed from Twitter, in a very bias manner. This has been a thing long before the 6th. Further, you seem to be struggling with the content of what they wrote, the principles they were stating. They don't practice them. Finally, they are fine with terrorists so long as they are leftist terrorists.

Talk about ultimate disingenuousness. Many people have been removed from Twitter, in a very bias manner. This has been a thing long before the 6th. Further, you seem to be struggling with the content of what they wrote, the principles they were stating. They don't practice them. Finally, they are fine with terrorists so long as they are leftist terrorists.

Twitter is a private company, they can do what they want. IMO, they should deplatform all Trump Cultists.

Twitter is a private company, they can do what they want. IMO, they should deplatform all Trump Cultists.

There we go, thanks for stating clearly your previous statement wasn't based on reason but on your own biased ideology.

First, could you share the leftist terrorists you are referring to? The rioters or and protestors in the summer were not terrorists, they were activists against the racism they see in law enforcement and our government. The terrorists that attacked the capital only proved their need for protests and proved them correct. There is racism in law enforcement and the government, both of which participated in the attack on the capital, and the FBI has said most of the attackers are white supremacists.

Second, why do you care what a private business does? If it loses money for its actions then it pays a price. If it doesn't, then they made a good decision. This is the mantra I've heard spewed from many on the right. I do not always agree with it myself, but I am surprised to hear the argument against it from someone who obviously leans right. I've heard this often in the last month and it's surprising to say the least.

Lately, I feel more in line with republicans while they're saying they think large companies get away with hypocrisy and rule-bending for profit, and law enforcement uses excessive force on the attackers of the capital.

I hope next you will want large companies to pay their fair share in taxes.

Maybe we can come together. :)

First, could you share the leftist terrorists you are referring to? The rioters or and protestors in the summer were not terrorists, they were activists against the racism they see in law enforcement and our government.

*terrorists
Burning Cities.jpeg

What's the building, and who are the terrorists? I can't just look at this pic and know what you are talking about. I put the FBI definition to help you out.

Domestic terrorism: Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/terrorism

There we go, thanks for stating clearly your previous statement wasn't based on reason but on your own biased ideology.

All ideologies are biased. I'm biased towards Democracy, you're biased towards Fascism.
But no, I do think that we should have a free market, so private companies can deplatform who they want.

Back
Top Bottom