• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Twitter Permanently Suspends Conservative Writer For Targeted Abuse

My issues with BLM stem from the fact that they hold individual instances of unknown (Sterling and Castile) and known (Brown) as acts of injustice, when there is proof of justice (Brown) or there is no proof yet (Castile and Sterling) of either.

You're entitled to your opinion about BLM, but this isn't about your opinion of BLM in general. It's about how you hold BLM responsible for motivating a cop killer but won't hold the GOP for motivating racists

With the GOP it's just, they're racist by default.
Which is not fair, without context.

No, they're racist by their actions (and inactions)
Seems fair to me

Us talking about it, does not make it a "common meme."

Plenty of people are talking about it. Several in this thread. All over the media. It is a "common meme"

I don't think so, but you seem to think BLM has some responsibility for motivating a cop killer

Well, when one of the founders was inspired by, and looks up to, a cop killer...yes.

Not sure you're familiar with internet sub culture.
People ****posting does not necessarily = racist, but ok.
Looking at the linked in the reported story is there is an unusual absence of his posts.

Of whose posts?

But the tweets directed at this woman are, without a doubt, racist

Where?
Need proof of this.

On 4chan

Not if you read it carefully. May not have been the author's intention, but that statement is awfully broad as written.
"If you read it carefully". Was it the code word or the dog whistle that tipped you off?

Yeah, and no Democrats anywhere have denounced the killings, the killers, and the other factors that led to the events, huh?

Well, they condone a group that found inspiration from a cop-killer so...nope. I haven't seen Democrats condemning the group BLM.

You're entitled to your opinion about BLM, but this isn't about your opinion of BLM in general. It's about how you hold BLM responsible for motivating a cop killer but won't hold the GOP for motivating racists

Motivating /= responsible.
False equivocation.

I hold them responsible for the information they peddle, that could motivate an attack on police.

No, they're racist by their actions (and inactions)
Seems fair to me

We'll just agree to disagree on this.

Plenty of people are talking about it. Several in this thread. All over the media. It is a "common meme"

I disagree.

Of whose posts?

But the tweets directed at this woman are, without a doubt, racist

People ****post to get a reaction.
Yes some of those posts were definitely racist, with that said a ****poster not necessarily be racist to ****post.
They're usually just trolling for lulz.

4chan is a piss poor source for anything, like Breitbart.

To some degree, but again a military leader is required to be responsible, while a crappy journalist isn't.
Although I would agree that they play a part, especially if they disseminate false information or are inciting things.

At the end of the day though, the individuals are wholly responsible for their behavior.
If you look at the link I provided, at best Milo was being mean, but not inciting harassment, as has been claimed.

Picture this - you're the guy in charge of a pretty influential conservative media outlet...and one of your senior employees is not only posting racist and misogynistic things about a famous woman of color, but so are his 200K+ followers. Even worse, he encouraged his followers to do the same.

So as the BOSS of that nationally-known influential conservative media outlet, knowing full well that your side of the political fence is getting accused of racism on almost a daily basis, are you going to continue to allow this senior employee - whose actions DO reflect directly on your organization - continue doing what he's doing, especially bearing in mind that his actions fully justify the accusations of racism against your side of the political fence? Or are you going to shut him down ASAP, and possibly fire him?

Breitbart.org did nothing AFAIK, but allowed it to continue.

And y'all wonder why so many on the Left consider the far Right racist. It's not just the ones who commit the racism - it's also the ones who encourage it (like "Milo"), and the ones who stand silently by and say nothing to try to discourage it.

Picture this - you're the guy in charge of a pretty influential conservative media outlet...and one of your senior employees is not only posting racist and misogynistic things about a famous woman of color, but so are his 200K+ followers. Even worse, he encouraged his followers to do the same.

So as the BOSS of that nationally-known influential conservative media outlet, knowing full well that your side of the political fence is getting accused of racism on almost a daily basis, are you going to continue to allow this senior employee - whose actions DO reflect directly on your organization - continue doing what he's doing, especially bearing in mind that his actions fully justify the accusations of racism against your side of the political fence? Or are you going to shut him down ASAP, and possibly fire him?

Breitbart.org did nothing AFAIK, but allowed it to continue.

And y'all wonder why so many on the Left consider the far Right racist. It's not just the ones who commit the racism - it's also the ones who encourage it (like "Milo"), and the ones who stand silently by and say nothing to try to discourage it.

Ugh using Vox as a source, that like using Breitbart as a source.

Why do you think he's one of the head editors of that website?
Because he does **** like this.

Claims of racism are often dubious though.
Asshole, yea, racist and misogynist, meh.

Well honestly, if I were them, I'd probably ban him too.
He's too much of a headache.

He admits to trolling on purpose, but his posts don't necessarily meet the standard for banning.

I honestly don't get it. It's the internet. People join it knowing there are trolls out there. It's like joining a gun club and then complaining that the loud noises from people shooting makes you uncomfortable and that they should ban shooting. Add to it the hypocrisy of Twitter allowing so much worse things to be tweeted but leave it because it's left vitriol vs left vitriol and you have a lack of integrity and ethics.

Milo isn't from 4chan, he's from Brietbart, which isn't much better.
4chan, 8chan, et all, have had a consistent behavior of trolling people, particularly famous people.

Twitter has a block and report button.
Plus, the smartest thing to do against trolls is, not respond.

Milo is a 4chan beta male hero....

337px-Milo_4chan.jpg

Last edited:
I honestly don't get it. It's the internet. People join it knowing there are trolls out there. It's like joining a gun club and then complaining that the loud noises from people shooting makes you uncomfortable and that they should ban shooting. Add to it the hypocrisy of Twitter allowing so much worse things to be tweeted but leave it because it's left vitriol vs left vitriol and you have a lack of integrity and ethics.

Social media let the sensitive types in.
The internet should be harder to keep them out, so they don't get their feels hurt.

That's my feelings on it.
People say, "has the internet become worse to people."
I say no, because it was like that from the beginning (Hello AOL chatrooms).

It's just become easier for more people to access it.

Not doing anything whatsoever to even discourage it?

Seems to me you're making the Muslim/Radica Islamic Terrorist argument. Do you mean to draw that parallel, because what you're posting is precisely the same argument many have discussed regarding terrorists and Muslims.

Push back by Republicans over the lefts attempt to label them racists is massive. It's an every day thing. It seems really strange you would attempt to argue this is not true.

Just because you personally want to ignore the effort, and claim the sky is chartreuse, doesn't make it true, nor a valid argument.

Has nothing to do with Muslims or terrorists and you know it. That's a very weak riposte indeed.

The GOP "push back" might be "massive" in your eyes...but all one has to do is to listen to Trump's xenophobic rants, Rep. Steve King's (R) obvious inference of the superiority of white culture, the apparently complete lack of effort by the Right to shut down a senior Breitbart employee from making and encouraging racist tweets against a black celebrity, AND the continually-dwindling minority support for the GOP to see that your "massive push back" isn't much more than a fart in the wind.

And it's not like this is a new thing - so many people on your side of the political fence has been pulling this crap for a half century. Oh, you can claim (wrongly) that's not true, or you can try to claim (just as wrongly) that our side's just as bad...but all one has to do to see the results is the nearly completely lily-white nature of GOP rallies and the convention.

Motivating /= responsible.
False equivocation.

I hold them responsible for the information they peddle, that could motivate an attack on police.

But the GOP is not responsible for what they peddle, which has motivated attacks

People ****post to get a reaction.

Doesn't matter why. What matters is that he incited a campaign of harrassment, which violates their TOS

Has nothing to do with Muslims or terrorists and you know it. That's a very weak riposte indeed.

The GOP "push back" might be "massive" in your eyes...but all one has to do is to listen to Trump's xenophobic rants, Rep. Steve King's (R) obvious inference of the superiority of white culture, the apparently complete lack of effort by the Right to shut down a senior Breitbart employee from making and encouraging racist tweets against a black celebrity, AND the continually-dwindling minority support for the GOP to see that your "massive push back" isn't much more than a fart in the wind.

And it's not like this is a new thing - so many people on your side of the political fence has been pulling this crap for a half century. Oh, you can claim (wrongly) that's not true, or you can try to claim (just as wrongly) that our side's just as bad...but all one has to do to see the results is the nearly completely lily-white nature of GOP rallies and the convention.
Not to mention Paul Ryan's intern photo.

Well honestly, if I were them, I'd probably ban him too.
He's too much of a headache.

He admits to trolling on purpose, but his posts don't necessarily meet the standard for banning.

He wasn't banned for any of the tweets he posted.

We've been over this already. He was banned for inciting harrassment, posting under phony accounts, etc

So you think it would be okay for Twitter to forbid blacks from using their services? Damn!

Do I think it would be 'ok' as in a morally upright thing to do? No. Do I think it would be within their rights as a business? Yes. The same goes for bakers, photographers, antique shop owners, etc.

Of course, as the law stands, for them to do such a thing would be illegal under the Civil Rights Act, but I'm speaking in the sense of what should be, not what is.

But the GOP is not responsible for what they peddle, which has motivated attacks

Of course they can be.
With that said, it would again have to be in context, just like with BLM.

Doesn't matter why. What matters is that he incited a campaign of harrassment, which violates their TOS

So far, that hasn't been shown to be true.
He didn't say, "Everyone attack Leslie" as far as I know.

Yikes....I think you're right.

There used to be a lot of questionable content on that site as well. I haven't been on there in years but I assume its still the same.

Back
Top Bottom