• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[Twitter] Main differences between Belarus, Russia and Ukraine :)

Juin

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

I came across a graphic illustration of a contributor's differences between the three Slavonic brothers. The main problem with Ukraine is that they keep changing chefs all the time! Too many cooks spoil the broth. Especially a succession of thoroughly bad cooks. First chef was a crapshoot, an ex Bolshevik. Pineapple face Yuschenko was never quite the same following alleged poisoning in the tough Ukrainian politics. Opinion appears to be unanimous among ethnic Ukrainians that fourth chef Yanukovych was a thief. Poroshenko was too rich rich to not have been a thief. Last chef is graduate of Kiev's acting school

Russia kept the cooks to a minimum: one excellent chef with a hmmmm not so bad assistant in the person of Medvedev.

Belarus played it safe with one chef.

Last edited:
I have the sneaking suspicion that a lot of people in this world are getting rather bored with (or even hostile to) those three countries (one of which was entirely unknown to most of us before the current war).

Russia has always been a pain in the blank.

Ukraine has always had a rather unsavory reputation. (Let's be honest.)

And who in the blank even knew Belarus existed?

With gas prices rising.
With food prices rising.
With another variant possibly causing mandates again.
With violent crime still raging.

A lot of Americans may be thinking: "Good luck to you, President Z. I hope that you guys kick the Russians back to kingdom come. But I personally am exhausted and must now move on."

I have the sneaking suspicion that a lot of people in this world are getting rather bored with (or even hostile to) those three countries (one of which was entirely unknown to most of us before the current war).

Russia has always been a pain in the blank.

Ukraine has always had a rather unsavory reputation. (Let's be honest.)

And who in the blank even knew Belarus existed?

With gas prices rising.
With food prices rising.
With another variant possibly causing mandates again.
With violent crime still raging.

A lot of Americans may be thinking: "Good luck to you, President Z. I hope that you guys kick the Russians back to kingdom come. But I personally am exhausted and must now move on."

You do sum it up right. I was having a long chat by phone earlier today with my junior sister, and the conversation went along the same lines: pain and costs at every turn, and few can even pick out the three Slavonic brothers on a map!

Funny thing is me and my sister came to the conclusion that Fu Manchu in Beijing may be the only one smiling through it all. Because Russia is on the ropes, Fu Manchu probably gets to buy Russia's natural resources at bargain prices. Because most western companies are leaving Russia, Fu Manchu is quickly stepping in to fill the void.

Back
Top Bottom