• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Twitter employees raise questions about Musk takeover in all-hands meeting

Moon

Why so serious?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
New York (CNN Business) - Elon Musk is officially set to buy Twitter, and the company's employees have questions.

At an all-hands meeting Monday afternoon with CEO Parag Agrawal and Board Chair Bret Taylor, Twitter employees raised questions about everything from what the deal would mean for their compensation to whether former US President Donald Trump would be let back on the platform, according to audio of the call obtained by CNN.

The call comes after Twitter's board announced on Monday that it had reached a deal to sell the company to Musk for $54.20 per share. The deal caps off a stunning news cycle in which the Tesla and SpaceX CEO became one of Twitter's largest shareholders, was offered and turned down a seat on its board and bid to buy the company — all in less than a month — and puts the world's richest man in charge of one of the most influential social networks. It also raises big questions about how Musk's proposed changes for the platform, including loosening content restrictions, will take shape.

Agrawal, who has been in charge of Twitter for only four months, told employees not to expect big changes before the deal closes, which is set to happen before the end of this year. He also said that "there are no plans for any layoffs at this point" and that Twitter's remote work policies will continue until the deal closes.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/25/tech/twitter-employees-elon-musk-takeover/index.html

—————

Having gone through a couple of buyouts myself, I can imagine the uncertainty the people at Twitter are feeling. I hope Musk continues to make statements regarding his plans and can set up a meeting with the employees so they can hear them from him directly.

New York (CNN Business) - Elon Musk is officially set to buy Twitter, and the company's employees have questions.

At an all-hands meeting Monday afternoon with CEO Parag Agrawal and Board Chair Bret Taylor, Twitter employees raised questions about everything from what the deal would mean for their compensation to whether former US President Donald Trump would be let back on the platform, according to audio of the call obtained by CNN.

The call comes after Twitter's board announced on Monday that it had reached a deal to sell the company to Musk for $54.20 per share. The deal caps off a stunning news cycle in which the Tesla and SpaceX CEO became one of Twitter's largest shareholders, was offered and turned down a seat on its board and bid to buy the company — all in less than a month — and puts the world's richest man in charge of one of the most influential social networks. It also raises big questions about how Musk's proposed changes for the platform, including loosening content restrictions, will take shape.

Agrawal, who has been in charge of Twitter for only four months, told employees not to expect big changes before the deal closes, which is set to happen before the end of this year. He also said that "there are no plans for any layoffs at this point" and that Twitter's remote work policies will continue until the deal closes.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/25/tech/twitter-employees-elon-musk-takeover/index.html

—————

Having gone through a couple of buyouts myself, I can imagine the uncertainty the people at Twitter are feeling. I hope Musk continues to make statements regarding his plans and can set up a meeting with the employees so they can hear them from him directly.
As someone who has also been through a couple of buyouts, Anything Musk says now will change in 6 months anyway.

As someone who has also been through a couple of buyouts, Anything Musk says now will change in 6 months anyway.
It will help the transition if he’s open and honest about his plans. Hopefully he’s not as big of a bastard as some of the people I’ve encountered.

He's the new William Randolph Hearst and Rupert Murdoch all rolled into one.
What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

In Freejack, the McCandless Corporation owns just about EVERYTHING on earth, including your body the moment you die, so wealthy and powerful people on the brink of death can upload their minds into a centralized server network not unlike some of the brain wetwire hijinx Musk is fantasizing about.

Then, your healthy body, a VERY rare commodity in the libertarian dystopia that awaits us all, is snatched in the nick of time by "bonejackers" who then sell your body to such "masters of the universe" who then pay to have THEIR mind archive downloaded into their new body...YOUR body.
If you manage to escape the bonejackers, you're a "freejack" and now EVERYONE who wants to make a buck is after you, like wildcat towtruck drivers on the move for an accident scene.

Yeah, kinda makes me glad I probably won't be around to see Musk bring such a shit show to reality.
But your kids will, and so will mine.

Last edited:
It will help the transition if he’s open and honest about his plans. Hopefully he’s not as big of a bastard as some of the people I’ve encountered.
He seems to be a total narcissist, they are always assholes.

It pleases me to read this because everything the CEO said can only make those Twitter employees more worried about their futures.

LOL "no big changes before the deal closes", and "no plans for any layoffs at this point". Simple inductive reasoning and any of those employees with a brain should conclude their liberal asshole party is OVER...

So much fun!

It pleases me to read this because everything the CEO said can only make those Twitter employees more worried about their futures.

LOL "no big changes before the deal closes", and "no plans for any layoffs at this point". Simple inductive reasoning and any of those employees with a brain should conclude their liberal asshole party is OVER...

So much fun!

What happened to "truth social"? The "Silent Majority" couldn't keep it functioning?

What I'm wondering is, will we see Twitter employees act like babies the way the employees of Spotify did over Joe Rogan. You know how the lefties of today feel about giving a platform to anyone who's speech they disagree with.

It must be stressful for them to be so obsessed with Trump they have to bring it up in every situation, in every conversation.

What I'm wondering is, will we see Twitter employees act like babies the way the employees of Spotify did over Joe Rogan. You know how the lefties of today feel about giving a platform to anyone who's speech they disagree with.

I’m sure there will be some of that. They’ll have the same decision to make as anyone else in that situation; stay and adapt, or quit.

So much fun!

Liberal asshole party? Geezus, the ignorance burns. Really burns.

You do realize that the overwhelming majority of people who work for a large enterprise like Twitter have nothing to do with the monitoring of the actual platform posts, yes? No, it appears you don't.

Christ, the stupid burns everywhere in Trumpland.

I read where this isn’t a done deal, just yet. When do the current shareholders surrender their stock? Who holds the final say that makes the sale final?

Once the deal is complete, which is expected by this year, Twitter will become a privately held company.”

—————

I know what Musk is saying, and it's the right thing to say right now. But having also been involved in buyouts myself (on both ends) it isn't likely that all jobs will stay status quo. I guess we shall see.

In Freejack, the McCandless Corporation owns just about EVERYTHING on earth, including your body the moment you die, so wealthy and powerful people on the brink of death can upload their minds into a centralized server network not unlike some of the brain wetwire hijinx Musk is fantasizing about.

Then, your healthy body, a VERY rare commodity in the libertarian dystopia that awaits us all, is snatched in the nick of time by "bonejackers" who then sell your body to such "masters of the universe" who then pay to have THEIR mind archive downloaded into their new body...YOUR body.
If you manage to escape the bonejackers, you're a "freejack" and now EVERYONE who wants to make a buck is after you, like wildcat towtruck drivers on the move for an accident scene.

Yeah, kinda makes me glad I probably won't be around to see Musk bring such a shit show to reality.
Good movie.

Good FANTASY movie.

I know what Musk is saying, and it's the right thing to say right now. But having also been involved in buyouts myself (on both ends) it isn't likely that all jobs will stay status quo. I guess we shall see.
Probably not, but they have about 6 months before the deal is finalized and I’m sure they’ll have plenty of time to find another job if they feel they can’t stay.

You do realize that the overwhelming majority of people who work for a large enterprise like Twitter have nothing to do with the monitoring of the actual platform posts, yes? No, it appears you don't.
Of course I know that... But since my post has nothing to do with Twitter moderators, I fail to see the relevance of your response?

Of course I know that... But since my post has nothing to do with Twitter moderators, I fail to see the relevance of your response?

Nice to see you can post using your words!

*golf clap*

🙌

You make a great point. Biden and Kamala should hurry up and nationalize Twitter before it's too late.

You make a great point. Biden and Kamala should hurry up and nationalize Twitter before it's too late.

If you're suggesting that I am in favor of nationalizing social media, that says a lot about you, and nothing about me.
But thanks for practicing your projection! You should change your nick to "Bell & Howell".

This is Cambridge Analytica 2.0.
This has zero to do with free speech and everything to do with owning your metadata.
When billionaires own our metadata, they have the ability to psychologically manipulate markets, politics, elections, & world events.
Only idiots think otherwise.

May be a meme of 1 person and text that says 'Bill Gates Lets make more vaccines nooooo you will put microchips in our bodies and track us Elon Musk I will literally put a microchip in your brain Lmao nice'

He'll probably just clean house and bring in his own people.

People like Putin, Trump, Bannon, Musk all understand that it isn't necessary for people to always believe disinformation.
You just have to flood a nation's public square with so much raw sewage that the fresh water can't be found.

I can't take credit for the above, I think I heard Obama say it.

Back
Top Bottom