• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Twitter Censors Republicans 22:1 vs Leftists

You don’t believe in free speech?

That intolerant leftists can ban opponents to the tune of 22:1

Ok... we know where you stand. With intolerance.

Does that free speech apply to liberals who are censored on Sean Hannity, Mark Levin and others conservative websites?

Does that free speech apply to liberals who are censored on Sean Hannity, Mark Levin and others conservative websites?

Good try. Huge fail.

I know that Hannity and Levin encourage leftists to call in. What better opportunity to illustrate the failings of the Left than to have them try to make their case publicly?

I don’t listen or watch Hannity much, but catch Levin’s radio show occasionally. The guy is a whip smart Constitutional lawyer... he pieced together the reports from the media to conclude there had been spying on the Trump campaign.

I encourage Leftists to post. I am not for having opposition voices shut down. Check my history. I’m a staunch advocate for free speech. Most everyone on the right is... as we are the ones who are most often censored.

So you recognize the research is accurate.

You condone Twitter killing the free speech of those who lean right at a 22:1 rate? Like most Leftists here?

You believe that is good for society?

I don’t.

I think it’s small, pathetic and vile... and those who foment and condone such behavior are small, pathetic and vile. Such people are a pock on civil society.

Last edited:
damn, i knew there were a bunch of total right wing nut jobs on Twitter but i had no idea they outnumbered the total left wing nut jobs by so much.

L
Good try. Huge fail.

I know that Hannity and Levin encourage leftists to call in. What better opportunity to illustrate the failings of the Left than to have them try to make their case publicly?

I don’t listen or watch Hannity much, but catch Levin’s radio show occasionally. The guy is a whip smart Constitutional lawyer... he pieced together the reports from the media to conclude there had been spying on the Trump campaign.

I encourage Leftists to post. I am not for having opposition voices shut down. Check my history. I’m a staunch advocate for free speech. Most everyone on the right is... as we are the ones who are most often censored.

So you recognize the research is accurate.

You condone Twitter killing the free speech of those who lean right at a 22:1 rate? Like most Leftists here?

You believe that is good for society?

I don’t.

I think it’s small, pathetic and vile... and those who foment and condone such behavior are small, pathetic and vile. Such people are a pock on civil society.

Lol hannity and levin censor people on their websites.

You lose, you don’t care if conservative outlets silence liberals but you whine and cry about other private companies. And kindly show where all conservatives were banned on Facebook or twitter hypocrite.

Last edited:
L

You lose, you don’t care if conservative outlets silence liberals but you whine and cry about other private companies. And kindly show where all conservatives were banned on Facebook or twitter hypocrite.

Let’s start with your false claims:

You see, we on the right believe in free speech, and like Jussie Smollet, you’ve been caught in a lie. A pair of them. Your claims about Levin and Hannity are false. You tried to justify Leftists censoring opponents by throwing about your bigotry. Oops!

As for your claim about Levin... that’s odd, because Levin doesn’t have a chat site: http://www.marklevinshow.com

I doubt Hannity’s message board censors Leftists, as he would be promptly attacked for it.

Why?

Because it would be contrary to his public position defending free speech.

I googled a couple of variations of: Hannity censors, and they came up totally empty.

When the likes of Bill Maher was getting stress while at ABC, and eventually fired, Hannity defended his right to say his piece and stated he shouldn’t lose his show.

For example: Sean Hannity: 'I Think Bill Maher's Good for America'

I don’t like Bill Maher as a person, but I think Bill Maher is good for America,” Hannity said to guests Greta Van Susteren and Bob Beckel. “He says all these outrageous things; he’s almost become an iconoclasm because he’s willing to speak the truth when so many others in the media are scared to death.”

Why doesn’t the Left believe in free speech?

Why do you Leftists have this disgusting penchant for censoring opponents?

Last edited:
It Isn’t Your Imagination: Twitter Treats Conservatives More Harshly Than Liberals

Published on February 12, 2019

I began my analysis by compiling a list of every prominent individual or political party known to have been banned from Twitter since its founding. As a proxy for prominence, I used the criterion of whether the ban was important enough to warrant coverage in mainstream news sources. With the help of two research assistants, I searched both conservative and liberal media sources.

Richard Hanania, Ph.D., is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Saltzman Institute of War and Peace Studies at Columbia University. Follow him on Twitter @RichardHanania
I wonder where the Feminist who was banned for stating the obvious, that mutilated men are not women, would land in this?
The presumption is that liberals and conservatives are equally deserving of banning, which has not been demonstrated.

It was central to the topic.

She was banned by twitter. I posed the question where she would fall in the political spectrum.

You have given the answer of a coward.

Is someone born as a man... a woman?

Science says no, regardless of the mutilation or camouflage involved.

You agree? Or are you a science denier?

And is it wrong for the feminist to state scientific facts?

Is it OK for her to be banned from twitter for stating clear scientific facts?

Here's some science for you

https://www.realclearscience.com/bl...the_controversial_science_on_transgender.html

Between the (Gender) Lines: the Science of Transgender Identity - Science in the News

Where's yours? Let's see it.

The presumption is that liberals and conservatives are equally deserving of banning, which has not been demonstrated.

Yes, but that doesn't feed his persecution complex. Conservatives need that, it's their whole ideology.

What the hell are you even talking about, when did I complain about something from the left censored by Twitter?

Because it's been revealed more than enough times. That the left are the ones who willingly spew a vast majority of that crap and still get a free ride on platforms like twitter.

Because it's been revealed more than enough times. That the left are the ones who willingly spew a vast majority of that crap and still get a free ride on platforms like twitter.

Leftists are the ones spewing racism and anti-semitism?

You don't get much regulation of Facebook or Twitter or the like because they are run by liberals who tend to support the left politicians and they give lots of money. They also punish right leaning persons much more than liberals.

So have some genius on the right build a platform like Facebook or Twitter, if they can find enough duct tape and bailing wire to do it with.

Build your own platform, then you can decide how you want it to lean.

Nobody finds this unusual. Social media, news media, hollywood, all are pretty liberal supporting and moving more to the left every day. There is a failure by our government to regulate these industries and fairly and evenly protect all americans.

So you are for state-sponsored media. That's what you are saying, correct?

L

Yes, they absolutely do. A million years ago, I was a member of Hannity's forum, and you couldn't say anything bad about Hannity, or Rush, or Mark Levin. It was called "Contempt of Host" or "Contempt of Afflilate," and it would get you points. Do it enough and it would get you banned. And when I was younger, and dumber, and a Republican, I listened to Hannity's radio show every day. Yes, he absolutely encouraged liberals to call in, so he could mute them and badger them and berate them when they said something he disagreed with. It was like the bully on the playground that was only able to beat you up if 4 other guys held you down first.

Oh the irony. Why the **** don't they censor the Tangerine Toddler?

Oh great another "conservatives are victins" thread. With a chaser of "kick the transgender because Zimmer can't keep on topic."

Anything else you want to add? Abortion? Antifa?

"FREE SPEECH!(for my side)" said the liberal...i mean, "independent"

So have some genius on the right build a platform like Facebook or Twitter, if they can find enough duct tape and bailing wire to do it with.

Build your own platform, then you can decide how you want it to lean.

Let the pig-headed commie democrats control the media. They certainly cannot control the weather.

I don't think Twitter is right but unless you want to regulate them....

I'm honestly torn on it. On one hand, the argument that they offer a public utility and should be treated like it, is convincing. At the same time, they are businesses, so...meh....i just think it's better if people just recognize its internal bias, and create competition. I'm not sure why it's controversial to say they have a liberal bias, many tech companies(like facebook) will admit as such. For myself, i just got rid of my twitter account, but i do use a fake one just to lurk. Twitter is just an all around horrible platform i think, but so many people use it, so i have to be able to follow along what people are saying, and expose the idiot journalists.

Bottom line is Republicans are 22 times more stupid than the people on the so-called Left, a term already proving how stupid the Right is, since most of those people they call "Leftists" are really in the Center.

Back
Top Bottom