• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover

OH Noes, a big sad for at least a year!

The plan, which will expire on April 14, 2023, does not prevent Twitter's board from engaging with parties or accepting an acquisition proposal if they believe it is in the best interest of the company and its shareholders.

@American
He can always call their bluff, and make the buy, and when he hits 15% the company will dilute the shares, which will then promptly go up in value again as Musk continues to buy more shares....

Twitter is a sewer. There's plenty of stinky, conservative shit riding its stygian flow. It rather perfectly complements the eddies and pools of fetid performance conformism from the teen twitterati.

I hope Musk buys it, mostly from a cruel desire to see that moral microcephalod hung about the neck by the shit stained albatross of Twitter.

OH Noes, a big sad for at least a year!

The plan, which will expire on April 14, 2023, does not prevent Twitter's board from engaging with parties or accepting an acquisition proposal if they believe it is in the best interest of the company and its shareholders.

@American
This has nothing to do with business other than twitter hates trump so much they won't sell to musk so he can let trump back on to the platform. Twitter hates trump and won't sell.

So what smarty here knows what that "limited duration shareholder plan" even means? I read it as saying that it would prevent anyone from buying up all the shares through the open market rather than through the board. Don't know if I am right or wrong or what that means in relation to the Musk offer. Seems to me it may just be a way of blocking his plan B????

I didn’t see Democrats equally arguing that the Covid virus possibly escaped from a lab in Wuhan, China, or that Hunter Biden’s laptop wasn’t a Russian disinformation plot, or a reposting of liberal TikTok videos didn’t constitute “hate speech.”
You didn’t answer the question.

Would you like to try again?

Will be amusing watching Musk dump his shares and Twitter stock get cut in half.
There's plenty of rich bastards drooling at Musks dump. They'll eat it up like flies on shit. Twitter will suffer for a day or two. Musk is a rich idiot who's now falling victim to thinking he runs the world.

That is extremely vague and allows for anything to be said absolutely anywhere, without consequences. If you disagree, then define it more precisely.
I don't know where you get "anything can be said absolutely anywhere without consequences" from "the exchange of ideas."

Uh huh, Right. Do keep telling yourself that.

Why not? It's the damn truth that plenty of important news was overlooked, suppressed and lied about, in order to get 'Ol basement Biden elected.

I don't know where you get "anything can be said absolutely anywhere without consequences" from "the exchange of ideas."
What limitations are or should be on free speech, on that exchange of ideas?

You didn’t answer the question.

Would you like to try again?

No, I answered it, but my answer apparently flew over your head, or, at least I hope it did and you’re not being deliberately obtuse. So, indeed, I’ll try again, but if you don’t get it this time you’re on your own.

It’s disingenuous to claim that the rules apply equally to all political points of view when a particular point of view is censored under the guise of not being factual when, in fact, it turns out it’s true or could be true but rubs against the desired narrative. Or another political point of view is silenced as “hate speech” because it depicts as loons people who advocate a leftist, radical point of view.

Hell yeah!! Only free speech for liberals!!!

You believe in free speech?

That is a load of garbage.

Are you like most conservatives and support the governments in the red states taking free speech from anyone in a public school?

Are you like most conservatives and support the governments in red states taking the rights of free speech from children, teachers and authors?

Are you like most conservatives and support the governments in red States who are banning books?

A private company isn't bound by free speech. You know this. Only the government is bound by the first amendment. That means free speech does apply in a public school. The government can't take freedom of speech from people yet the governments in many red states are doing just that.

A private company can make their own rules within our laws. There is no law that says a private company can't set rules for their own property. Ownership has privileges.

You don't believe in free speech.

You believe in only speech you agree with.

I will point out that you have no guarantee that elon musk will change their TOS rules to allow lies, propaganda and hate on Twitter.

I will also point out to you that he wouldn't buy that company not expecting to make money. I won't be surprised if he buys Twitter, it will have a ton of ads everywhere or people will have to start paying money to use it.

I have a life, I don't need to get my life and self esteem from total strangers on an internet social site. I have never had a twitter account and will never have one. Same with Facebook, Tic Tok and all the others.

Musk didn't go into business to lose money. Private business has to make a profit and musk will want to get his investment back as quickly as possible.

Have fun with that.

What limitations are or should be on free speech, on that exchange of ideas?
Certainly anything illegal, but you tell me, you're the one calling for limitations.

I don't see why someone can say "Kyle Rittenhouse is a white supremacist mass murderer" but if another says "Kyle Rittenhouse did nothing wrong" they get their account locked. Explain that one to me.

Certainly anything illegal, but you tell me, you're the one calling for limitations.

I don't see why someone can say "Kyle Rittenhouse is a white supremacist mass murderer" but if another says "Kyle Rittenhouse did nothing wrong" they get their account locked. Explain that one to me.
Did someone really get locked for just saying that? Nothing more? Curious as to how you know the reason they were banned...unless of course it was you.

No, you are the one agreeing that Twitter is restricting free speech. So explain in what way exactly. It is their privately owned site. They have a right to determine the rules for those who choose to post on their site. So how are they restricting free speech in a way that is illegal.

No, you are the one agreeing that Twitter is restricting free speech. So explain in what way exactly.
I just provided you with an example.

It is their privately owned site. They have a right to determine the rules for those who choose to post on their site.
Here's that strawman again.

He can always call their bluff, and make the buy, and when he hits 15% the company will dilute the shares, which will then promptly go up in value again as Musk continues to buy more shares....
Dilution doesn't cause stocks to "promptly go up." Quite the opposite, actually.

I didn’t think anyone actually paid any attention to the BS that they peddle on OAN.

I’ve tried to watch it a couple of times.

It’s moronic, amateurish, stupid and ridiculously partisan.

There isn’t even a half assed attempt at behaving like any sort of news organization.

Just twinkies reading copy off Telegram, and talking points from Mar A Lago.

I just provided you with an example.

Here's that strawman again.
No you provided a random claim that has no evidence to support that was why someone was truly suspended or banned. Some random guy making a claim on the internet doesn't make his claim true.

So it was specifically for glorifying violence in their view. They get to determine what is glorifying violence. They believe killing people, even if deemed legal, is not okay.
Yeah, pretty stupid. This is just the sort of nonsense they need to correct if they want to stop bleeding users.

Back
Top Bottom