• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Twitter accused of suppressing DNC Wikileaks story

Ummmmmmm....mostly it is going to be Sandernistas outraged. It is usually best not to chime in on events of countries you know nothing about. Just a little advice.

A bunch of them live in my area. So, my FB news feed is all in an uproar. Oh, and, they all suggest voting for Jill Stein. They're all just powerless, vocal idiots though because we have had a Republican Congressman in this district for as long as I can remember. :lol:

Funny how credibility suddenly matters for the right..... so Twitter should not interfere at all?

All you've done in this thread is try to downplay this as "faux outrage" by the right, when in reality this angers all Americans who desire to have a functioning democracy. We have two major parties who have 100% of the power regardless of their approval rating, and they make laws that prevent any other parties from rising to power. Further, one of these same two parties has been caught colluding with news organizations and internally supporting Hillary even though they're supposed to be unbiased when it comes to the primary.

Sure, Twitter is a private company and they can do whatever the **** they want, and we can point it out without having you come around and trying to play it off as a faux outrage conspiracy by the GOP. I know you're not an American so you don't actually give a ****, but some of us care about our democracy and how it functions. I hope a part of you understands that.

What I find amazing is that anyone is surprised that the DNC would conspire to sabotage the campaign of an independent candidate running as a Democrat. I'm shocked---not at the info in the leaks, but at the stupidity of the American public who thinks this is a big deal.

Why would this not be a big deal? Our democracy has been shaped in a way that it's impossible for a third party to gain traction, and now we're learning that at least one of those parties is using heavy handed tactics to boost one candidate over another. The DNC is supposed to be impartial in the primary process. Let me guess, you're a Hillary supporter so this is all just fair game?

Last edited:
It's really just the tip at this point.
There are a lot of allegations in the reddit threads.
Some of the emails I've seen support it, although I may be ignorant of the laws regarding what they're saying.

I'm sure the DNC saw Sanders as an interloper. But, unlike the RNC, the DNC managed to stop him.

I'm sure the DNC saw Sanders as an interloper. But, unlike the RNC, the DNC managed to stop him.

I understand realpolitik and again, I'd love to have a similar peak to the GOP email servers.
With that said, don't run a sham all sloppy like they did.

When you get caught, people will have every right to be pissed.

Does anyone here use twitter? This kind of thing happens to trending things all the time. It isn't just for political things. I have no idea why it happens, but I've definitely noticed it before.

I understand realpolitik and again, I'd love to have a similar peak to the GOP email servers.
With that said, don't run a sham all sloppy like they did.

When you get caught, people will have every right to be pissed.

Sure, if those people were naive enough to believe the Democratic Party would not try to block an Independent candidate from winning the nomination for President in their party.

IMO, the DNC tried to have it both ways: Block the interloper while pretending the interloper had a fair shot at winning. Of course, again, only the naive would have not seen through that. Many of them did, and yammered about it since March. THe leaks prove them correct.

I wonder now....I guess this qualifies as one of those conspiracy theories that was proven true. I have to head over to that thread and post it.

Sure, if those people were naive enough to believe the Democratic Party would not try to block an Independent candidate from winning the nomination for President in their party.

IMO, the DNC tried to have it both ways: Block the interloper while pretending the interloper had a fair shot at winning. Of course, again, only the naive would have not seen through that. Many of them did, and yammered about it since March. THe leaks prove them correct.

I wonder now....I guess this qualifies as one of those conspiracy theories that was proven true. I have to head over to that thread and post it.

I think there's supposed to be more email leaks until the DNC convention.
This election has been crazy.

True Hillary and the DNC needed a stalking horse so they could say it was a contested primary. Bernie was perfect as the passionate patsy. It probably got scary for Hil and the DNC when Bernie proved to be a much better politician than Clinton.

So now both parties present us with misfits. The primaries need to get fixed. Skewed to the views of fringe voters. Since they take the time to vote in primaries.

This isn't about Fox news. You can quit trying to bait me, first with questioning how I judge credibility and now by trying to shoot a messenger that isn't even part of the story.

No it is not about Fox News, it is about credibility. You claim that Twitter loses credibility for this.. a possible software error for all we know, and yet the daily credibility issues from for example Fox News .. you ignore that?

And? There is no doubt that Twitter has changed the world, but that does not mean that Twitter aint in trouble.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/10/twitter-share-price-falls-losing-users

or this

• Global social media ranking 2016 | Statistic

Even Instagram is bigger than Twitter.. hell SKYPE should have passed it by now.

How Twitter's Trending Algorithm Picks Its Topics : NPR What this means, and neither you nor I is disputing it, is that Twitter makes certain claims about being neutral in their trending topics but, in fact, they control their trending topics tightly. This goes to demonstrate their honesty about their process and how they obscure that to engage in bias without consequence. This shows a lack of credibility and transparency. Which is the point.

Again so what? It is nothing new. Why are people on the right bitching about this now, when it is common knowledge among "nerds"? All private companies tightly control their software and none of them are unbiased regardless of what they claim. As long as they use any sort of algorithm other than "most mentioned" then they can be accused of bias and it would be valid.

Listen, have you ever seen the "most searched" in a country list by Google? They are HEAVILY censored.... but guess that aint a problem either right?

So your excuse for Twitter is that everyone does it. But you seem to be perfectly ok railing against Fox news but a word of criticism against Twitter is not allowed? The only conclusion I can draw is its ok when the bias works for your political interests, not to mention protecting their credibility when they agree with you.

I make no excuse for Twitter because I knew they were doing it and it does not matter. Trending is and always has been bull****. On my "trending" list atm there is #6yearsof1D, Turguia, #N1CanalFiesta30... those are the top 3. NO clue what they refer too. Hell #AmyWinehouse is trending as nr. 5.. wtf?

I thought you said credibility mattered to you?

It matters big time, but "Trends" never had any credibility in the first place. A social media that actively bans and censors subjects based on American values have zero credibility.. that includes Facebook and Instagram. For example, on Facebook they actively censor womens breasts... but have no problems having bloody corpses and abused animals pictures. I use facebook, but it has zero credibility to me and in no way do I trust it.. it is just a tool.

I don't do Twitter, but understand how it works, and this in certainly an interesting story. If true, it is a perfect example of how the perceptions of the masses are manipulated by TPTB.

I suppose the substance of the emails themselves show how the DNC, not the voters, chose Hillary over Bernie?

So far it's that and potentially a lot worse.
I'm not exactly sure of the legality of some of them though.
There is one involving MSNBC and the WaPo, that comes of as incredibly unethical.

private company, it is their right to do whatever they want. More faux outrage from the American right wing.

They were doing that on Deutschlandfunk the other day. German public media always take positions like that, when twitter, Google etc are concerned.

All you've done in this thread is try to downplay this as "faux outrage" by the right, when in reality this angers all Americans who desire to have a functioning democracy.

But you dont have a functioning democracy and that is in large part due to "Faux outrage".

We have two major parties who have 100% of the power regardless of their approval rating, and they make laws that prevent any other parties from rising to power. Further, one of these same two parties has been caught colluding with news organizations and internally supporting Hillary even though they're supposed to be unbiased when it comes to the primary.

And so ****ing what? Why is it only a problem when it is Hilary they might be supporting but not when it is a GOP candidate?

Sure, Twitter is a private company and they can do whatever the **** they want, and we can point it out without having you come around and trying to play it off as a faux outrage conspiracy by the GOP. I know you're not an American so you don't actually give a ****, but some of us care about our democracy and how it functions. I hope a part of you understands that.

But it is faux outrage... either that or the GOPers are absolutely morons to think that Twitter actually matters. It is a debate tool, that is abused by everyone to promote their agenda... ISIS, RNC, KKK, DNC, Disney or the local strip club.. Twitter is a private company that has to deal with a lot of **** from all sorts of sources. Its "Trending" crap has never been important to others than those that can manipulate the algorithm to their advantage and claim some sort of "E-Penis" award.

Twitter as a company constantly has to tweek its systems as people go out of their way to by pass their systems, and does it hit "legit" stuff some times? Sure, and so what. Hence this is faux outrage.. Was the "issue" fixed? Yes from what I understand, and fine then.. move on instead of continuing this faux outrage bull****. There are more important things going on in the world. ... still have to figure out why Kabul is trending in Spain... and Kreuziger?!?!? ... and what the hell is #6yearsof1D...

Why would this not be a big deal? Our democracy has been shaped in a way that it's impossible for a third party to gain traction, and now we're learning that at least one of those parties is using heavy handed tactics to boost one candidate over another. The DNC is supposed to be impartial in the primary process. Let me guess, you're a Hillary supporter so this is all just fair game?

Listen your democracy is ****ed, but that is hardly the fault of Twitter. Only 300 million people use it.. far less actively. And so what if the DNC is suppose to be impartial.. the RNC was also suppose to be impartial, and yet we both know they actively worked against Trump. Again FAUX outrage, just because it is about the DNC and Hilary..

True Hillary and the DNC needed a stalking horse so they could say it was a contested primary. Bernie was perfect as the passionate patsy. It probably got scary for Hil and the DNC when Bernie proved to be a much better politician than Clinton.

So now both parties present us with misfits. The primaries need to get fixed. Skewed to the views of fringe voters. Since they take the time to vote in primaries.

Clearly, primaries are Red Meat Affairs. The trick is to control the outcome. DNC succeeded; RNC not so much.

But you dont have a functioning democracy and that is in large part due to "Faux outrage".
And so ****ing what? Why is it only a problem when it is Hilary they might be supporting but not when it is a GOP candidate?

You're just here to whine and troll I think. So we can't complain about the state of our democracy because we don't have a functioning democracy. Dumb even for you.

The difference is that the GOP got the candidate the people wanted DESPITE their efforts to stop him. The DNC got the candidate they chose. Neither organizations should be pushing their own candidate over the will of the people, especially considering they've rigged the system that 3rd parties can't compete. In order to get a president we have to go through these two PRIVATE organizations.

But it is faux outrage... either that or the GOPers are absolutely morons to think that Twitter actually matters. It is a debate tool, that is abused by everyone to promote their agenda... ISIS, RNC, KKK, DNC, Disney or the local strip club.. Twitter is a private company that has to deal with a lot of **** from all sorts of sources. Its "Trending" crap has never been important to others than those that can manipulate the algorithm to their advantage and claim some sort of "E-Penis" award.

Twitter as a company constantly has to tweek its systems as people go out of their way to by pass their systems, and does it hit "legit" stuff some times? Sure, and so what. Hence this is faux outrage.. Was the "issue" fixed? Yes from what I understand, and fine then.. move on instead of continuing this faux outrage bull****. There are more important things going on in the world. ... still have to figure out why Kabul is trending in Spain... and Kreuziger?!?!? ... and what the hell is #6yearsof1D...
Listen your democracy is ****ed, but that is hardly the fault of Twitter. Only 300 million people use it.. far less actively. And so what if the DNC is suppose to be impartial.. the RNC was also suppose to be impartial, and yet we both know they actively worked against Trump. Again FAUX outrage, just because it is about the DNC and Hilary..

The rest is just nonsense trying to paint anyone who disagrees with the way our parties are tipping the scales for one candidate over another as a right wing conspirator. Please, for our sake, go troll your own nation's political discussions and stop this hackish nonsense about right wing faux rage.

Name one time that social media suppress a story that was negative toward the GOP.

You're just here to whine and troll I think. So we can't complain about the state of our democracy because we don't have a functioning democracy. Dumb even for you.

The difference is that the GOP got the candidate the people wanted DESPITE their efforts to stop him. The DNC got the candidate they chose. Neither organizations should be pushing their own candidate over the will of the people, especially considering they've rigged the system that 3rd parties can't compete. In order to get a president we have to go through these two PRIVATE organizations.

The rest is just nonsense trying to paint anyone who disagrees with the way our parties are tipping the scales for one candidate over another as a right wing conspirator. Please, for our sake, go troll your own nation's political discussions and stop this hackish nonsense about right wing faux rage.

I don't know. I still believe Hillary won fair and square, sort of. Bernie was roughly 3 million votes short. The fact that the Party was collaborating to undermine him while pretending it was neutral is really just a little thing. Everyone knew they were not neutral.

That's not to say the emails, a true smoking gun, revealing the conspiracy are not embarrassing.

I don't know. I still believe Hillary won fair and square, sort of. Bernie was roughly 3 million votes short. The fact that the Party was collaborating to undermine him while pretending it was neutral is really just a little thing. Everyone knew they were not neutral.

That's not to say the emails, a true smoking gun, revealing the conspiracy are not embarrassing.

When you tamper with what's supposed to be a free and fair election, paid for with public money (the voting booths/employees in states is), it should be highly illegal to this.

They were sharing stuff with reporters off the record.
It's not really a little thing, if they didn't want him, they shouldn't of let him run.

Last edited:
No it is not about Fox News, it is about credibility. You claim that Twitter loses credibility for this.. a possible software error for all we know, and yet the daily credibility issues from for example Fox News .. you ignore that?

Because as much as you want it to be, Fox news isn't the topic. Nor should we dismiss every other media example of bias if one outlet IS biased. We should hold each example accountable. Do you think you can discuss the topic through something other than the lens of FOX NEWS BAD RAWR!1!!1!

And? There is no doubt that Twitter has changed the world, but that does not mean that Twitter aint in trouble.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/10/twitter-share-price-falls-losing-users

or this

• Global social media ranking 2016 | Statistic

Feigning unbiased trending when there is a human factor involved in the issue is hardly going to help them. In fact, it could be part of their problem.

Again so what? It is nothing new. Why are people on the right bitching about this now, when it is common knowledge among "nerds"? All private companies tightly control their software and none of them are unbiased regardless of what they claim. As long as they use any sort of algorithm other than "most mentioned" then they can be accused of bias and it would be valid.

Listen, have you ever seen the "most searched" in a country list by Google? They are HEAVILY censored.... but guess that aint a problem either right?

We are complaining now because it is being used to remove discussion of a newsworthy issue, the DNC acting unethically in their nomination process.

As I have said repeatedly, you examine each issue individually, other instances are not an excuse to unethical behavior. Care to try to change the subject even more?

I make no excuse for Twitter because I knew they were doing it and it does not matter. Trending is and always has been bull****. On my "trending" list atm there is #6yearsof1D, Turguia, #N1CanalFiesta30... those are the top 3. NO clue what they refer too. Hell #AmyWinehouse is trending as nr. 5.. wtf?

It matters big time, but "Trends" never had any credibility in the first place. A social media that actively bans and censors subjects based on American values have zero credibility.. that includes Facebook and Instagram. For example, on Facebook they actively censor womens breasts... but have no problems having bloody corpses and abused animals pictures. I use facebook, but it has zero credibility to me and in no way do I trust it.. it is just a tool.

Then quit making excuses for their behavior since all you have done is to attempt change the subject and say its ok by various means. When a heavily trending topic disappears, its not a programming error, its an editorial choice; attempting to be played off to maintain a thin veneer of credibility.

Btw, before your next post, Fox news isn't the subject, try not to keep bringing it in as cover, its pretty hard on YOUR credibility.

The thing that bothers me the most about your rhetoric is that you can't even comprehend why Bernie supporters would be upset or surprised. America was beaten over the head every single day of Bernie's campaign with things like "He can never win, Hillary is inevitable" and "But ALL the super delegates already picked Hillary, he should quit". You're essentially saying that the tremendous institutional advantage Clinton had and the full backing of the DNC meant absolutely nothing. Even with all of this nonsense it was a very, very close race, and that doesn't even consider how many people were blocked from voting for not registering as a Democrat as far as 6 months in advance or the number of votes and voters that were simply purged.

Feel free to sit there smug because the corruption worked in your favor this time, but as an American you should be alarmed that it's happening at all. If this had been a fair election from the beginning I might, MIGHT have voted for Hillary. After all the **** that's happened the past 6 months, this coming out, and her VP pick, there is absolutely no chance I'll be doing that and she's going to lose a LOT of Sanders voters. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be there to blame it all on Sanders voters when/if she loses to Trump, which is becoming more and more of a possibility.

It would maybe be OK that they did this if we had a vibrant multi-party system, but we don't. We have two and only two choices, and if those two private organizations are selecting the candidates for us our votes mean absolutely nothing.

The thing that bothers me the most about your rhetoric is that you can't even comprehend why Bernie supporters would be upset or surprised. America was beaten over the head every single day of Bernie's campaign with things like "He can never win, Hillary is inevitable" and "But ALL the super delegates already picked Hillary, he should quit". You're essentially saying that the tremendous institutional advantage Clinton had and the full backing of the DNC meant absolutely nothing. Even with all of this nonsense it was a very, very close race, and that doesn't even consider how many people were blocked from voting for not registering as a Democrat as far as 6 months in advance or the number of votes and voters that were simply purged.

Feel free to sit there smug because the corruption worked in your favor this time, but as an American you should be alarmed that it's happening at all. If this had been a fair election from the beginning I might, MIGHT have voted for Hillary. After all the **** that's happened the past 6 months, this coming out, and her VP pick, there is absolutely no chance I'll be doing that and she's going to lose a LOT of Sanders voters. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be there to blame it all on Sanders voters when/if she loses to Trump, which is becoming more and more of a possibility.

It would maybe be OK that they did this if we had a vibrant multi-party system, but we don't. We have two and only two choices, and if those two private organizations are selecting the candidates for us our votes mean absolutely nothing.

I think there's a very good chance that we're going to get a third party out of this.

I think there's a very good chance that we're going to get a third party out of this.

That's what it's come down to for me as well. This election is ****ed and I can't morally support either candidate, so let's try to make lemonade out of the lemons the oligarchy has served us. I'll vote for Stein or Johnson. They're both suing to get access to the debates (likely with no success), but if they do succeed that would change everything. Either we need government regulated "left" and "right" parties with oversight, or we need a multi-party system. We can't continue to have a system where the 2 parties in power are private organizations who can do what they want and still block other parties from competing.

That's what it's come down to for me as well. This election is ****ed and I can't morally support either candidate, so let's try to make lemonade out of the lemons the oligarchy has served us. I'll vote for Stein or Johnson. They're both suing to get access to the debates (likely with no success), but if they do succeed that would change everything. Either we need government regulated "left" and "right" parties with oversight, or we need a multi-party system. We can't continue to have a system where the 2 parties in power are private organizations who can do what they want and still block other parties from competing.

Well if it had to come to this to "fix" it, all the better.
You pay taxes to support their primary voting, you should get a fair primary.

Back
Top Bottom