• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:371]Twenty Generals Call for Coup Against Macron Warning of ‘Civil War’ and ‘Disintegration of France at Hands of Islamists’

As my signature line says, "I don't paint Muslims with one brush. The Qur'an does. I just report what it says".

Except you absolutely do paint them all with one brush.....and then wail when called out on it.

The only thing you “report” is your bewilderment over the fact that so many actual Muslims don’t agree with your interpretation of their religion.

Except you absolutely do paint them all with one brush.....and then wail when called out on it.

The only thing you “report” is your bewilderment over the fact that so many actual Muslims don’t agree with your interpretation of their religion.
lol and you time and again paint every dirt poor confederate soldier , or even anyone who owns a confederate flag in this era, the exact same way as you would a rich plantation slaveowner.

stating the south should have been burnt to the ground.

physician heal thyself.

lol and you time and again paint every dirt poor confederate soldier , or even anyone who owns a confederate flag in this era, the exact same way as you would a rich plantation slaveowner.

stating the south should have been burnt to the ground.

physician heal thyself.

They were still fighting for slavery just as much as the “rich planters” were.....and are every bit as guilty as a result.

The South got off far too lightly.....as shown by the fact that immediately after the war they engaged in a century long campaign of terrorism and tyranny against African Americans.

The context is obvious. Again, you embarrass yourself thinking you deserve to be taken seriously.

You still haven't explained how the Islamic Empire came to be if not by military expansion.

Please tell me how I'm the bigot when your "holy" book calls non-Muslims the lowest of God's creatures. It compares Jews to donkeys who can carry books, but not understand them. Now that's bigotry.

You still haven't explained how the Islamic Empire came to be if not by military expansion.

Please tell me how I'm the bigot when your "holy" book calls non-Muslims the lowest of God's creatures. It compares Jews to donkeys who can carry books, but not understand them. Now that's bigotry.
Why is Malala your hero? Aren’t you offended that she doesn’t practice her religion properly and murder christians?

his post and yours make me curious though... are there verses about handling of slaves?

Yes slaves are mentioned. I recall one verse that says not to treat them badly. However, there are others that give Muslims permission to have sex with female slaves and captives. Nothing about asking permission first. I think there's a name for that.

Why is Malala your hero? Aren’t you offended that she doesn’t practice her religion properly and murder christians?

Tell that to your hero Malala

Tell that to your hero Malala

Ok, I'll answer for you. The Islamic Empire was created because the first Muslims lived with the man who gave Islam to the world, and they knew EXACTLY what was expected of them - and that was to attempt to conquer the known world. Islam teaches domination and they tried to comply. Easy peasy. If that's not true, then you have a big job trying to explain what they were doing in France only 100 years after Mohamed's death. Fighting in "self-defense" perhaps? :ROFLMAO:

Ok, I'll answer for you. The Islamic Empire was created because the first Muslims lived with the man who gave Islam to the world, and they knew EXACTLY what was expected of them - and that was to attempt to conquer the known world. Islam teaches domination and they tried to comply. Easy peasy. If that's not true, then you have a big job trying to explain what they were doing in France only 100 years after Mohamed's death. Fighting in "self-defense" perhaps? :ROFLMAO:

Gee, you mean like the “self defense” of the Crusades, where Christians gleefully committed atrocities on an immense scale with the full endorsement of the Pope?,

Wow. How can you call a Muslim girl your hero? She must be a warmonger and child murderer.

I suspect he doesn't treat Jews this way despite the absolutely horrid stuff in their book.

Not all Germans were Nazis either, nor were all Russians Communist, but when Muslims are committing terror we don't say some Muslims are terrorists. some Muslims abuse women. Some racists in the old south may not have burnt down Black homes or participated in lynchings either but their beliefs were still crap.

Of course if you have something positive to say about Islam you can point it out.

Not all Germans were Nazis either, nor were all Russians Communist, but when Muslims are committing terror we don't say some Muslims are terrorists. some Muslims abuse women. Some racists in the old south may not have burnt down Black homes or participated in lynchings either but their beliefs were still crap.

Of course if you have something positive to say about Islam you can point it out.

Christianity’s history is every bit as blood soaked as that of Islam. Your borderline incoherent ramblings can’t change the double standard.

Nobody on this forum has ever denied that Christians committed atrocities in the name of their religion. What they have denied is that the words and example of Jesus inspired them to do so. The opposite is true of Islam.
I take it you haven't read the Old Testament recently. I believe it's the word of 'god', and there's plenty of gruesome instructions there...

There are problems in Islamic communities. America’s policies and alliance with Saudi Arabia is making it worse. If you wanted to better Islamic communities and fight extremism, that would be a beautiful thing. I would join you in that effort. But your end goal is to blame and hate. You are blind in this discussion.
Muslims never used to condemn the head- and hand-chopping Saudi Arabia in all the previous decades. But ever since Saudi got a new prince who's allowing women to drive, and liberalizing the country, Muslims around the world are up in arms against the Saudi govt. It's not that they care about human rights, or about the death of that journalist Khashoggi, what they care about is that a liberal is in charge of their precious holy land. And let's be clear, it's not their own actual land, since they weren't born on it, and it's a sovereign country. Just because you believe in a certain faith, doesn't magically give you dibs on someone else's sovereign soil. If I suddenly start believing in Santa Claus, doesn't mean I suddenly get to own the North Pole.

Please point out verses about Jesus in the OT.
The OT and NT are both the word of 'god', are they not? Christians are quick to point out how irrelevant the OT is when confronted with the less savoury parts and instructions in how to deal with heretics (usually involving violent death), but you try telling them that Genesis and creationist stuff is therefore also irrelevant because it's in the OT.

The OT and NT are both the word of 'god', are they not? Christians are quick to point out how irrelevant the OT is when confronted with the less savoury parts and instructions in how to deal with heretics (usually involving violent death), but you try telling them that Genesis and creationist stuff is therefore also irrelevant because it's in the OT.
Christian teachings, whether OT or NT, are not the basis for state laws, so it doesn't matter whether those teachings are fairytales that say the sun sets in the east.
However in Islam, the Quran and its religious teachings form the basis of the laws of the state, so their fairytales do matter in practice. The very court systems cite Islam/Quran for actual legal practices.
As you know, Islam itself rejects separation of church & state, so the religion requires that the Quran be the basis for the laws of the state.

Muslims never used to condemn the head- and hand-chopping Saudi Arabia in all the previous decades. But ever since Saudi got a new prince who's allowing women to drive, and liberalizing the country, Muslims around the world are up in arms against the Saudi govt. It's not that they care about human rights, or about the death of that journalist Khashoggi, what they care about is that a liberal is in charge of their precious holy land. And let's be clear, it's not their own actual land, since they weren't born on it, and it's a sovereign country. Just because you believe in a certain faith, doesn't magically give you dibs on someone else's sovereign soil. If I suddenly start believing in Santa Claus, doesn't mean I suddenly get to own the North Pole.
You could say the same of all the countries who are investing in that barbaric mediaeval kingdom. Britain and the US are quick to utter carefully scripted words of mild disapproval whenever the Sauds commit another atrocity-but business is business, and turn a blind eye to human rights abusers.

Jesus (whether real or mythical) introduced a new era or peace and forgiveness.

Mohamed (very real) started wars.

Sorry, but it is what it is. But, feel free to keep pretending otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom