• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tweeter Twat

Logician Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Have you, or are you, becoming bored with Trump's tweets ? Why or why not ?

Yep, I have stopped following them at this point since it is guaranteed he’s just going to lie.

I've found that Trump tends to tweet more prolifically when news hits that would hurt him. It's kind of a gauge as to how things are going in the WH.

I will never tire of his tweets. They are comedy gold.

And they are forever.

I used to follow them during the campaign and early presidency, because they we so insane to be coming from the White House or someone aspiring to the White House.

Since then I pretty much ignore them because they're nonsense, except for those that may possibly obstruct justice or witness tamper. I pay attention to those, because I'm hoping a legal case may be made against Trump to that effect.

I will never tire of his tweets. They are comedy gold.

And they are forever.
Yeah, what an embarrassment to the country that those Tweets are now part of our presidential archive. To stand alongside the documents of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, JFK, Obama.

It almost makes me want to cry ...

Yeah, what an embarrassment to the country that those Tweets are now part of our presidential archive. To stand alongside the documents of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, JFK, Obama.

It almost makes me want to cry ...

I was with you until Obama. What documents from him are memorable in your opinion?

I used to follow them during the campaign and early presidency, because they we so insane to be coming from the White House or someone aspiring to the White House.

Since then I pretty much ignore them because they're nonsense, except for those that may possibly obstruct justice or witness tamper. I pay attention to those, because I'm hoping a legal case may be made against Trump to that effect.

Chomsky, my friend, Trump has been engaged in, and dodging lawsuits for decades.
He shrugs them off like dandruff on his silk suits.
In this day and age, no political figure will ever get in trouble...ever.
...and Trump money ensures he never has been really hurt by any of them.

This "president thing " is just another passing amusement for Trump.
He is having fun with it.
His tweets reflect that.
He enjoys the way the MSM and his haters are straining at the leash for his next tweet to analyze.

I think he sits up thinking what next one he can send out so they will go berserk over it.

A " dance, monkeys, dance " thing.

I see them in forums like this one and in the media but I stopped reading them on Twitter when I deleted my account.
I hate Twitter.
More importantly, I NEVER EVER responded to a single Trump Tweet because I am convinced that to do so puts the responder on some kind of list and I don't like being on any list belonging to that Orange Baboon.

:thumbs:

I was with you until Obama. What documents from him are memorable in your opinion?
I'm not speaking of specific documents, as much as style and tone. I found Obama to be very dignified in his public presentations. I also probably should have dropped Reagan in there, too; I found him dignified as well. H.W., also.

The only guys I'm really familiar with are the very early ones, and the ones of the modern era, so I drew from those. Hell, I'll throw Winston Churchill into the crowd too, just because.

Last edited:
His impotent rage amuses me still.

Chomsky, my friend, Trump has been engaged in, and dodging lawsuits for decades.
He shrugs them off like dandruff on his silk suits.
In this day and age, no political figure will ever get in trouble...ever.
...and Trump money ensures he never has been really hurt by any of them.

This "president thing " is just another passing amusement for Trump.
He is having fun with it.
His tweets reflect that.
He enjoys the way the MSM and his haters are straining at the leash for his next tweet to analyze.

I think he sits up thinking what next one he can send out so they will go berserk over it.

A " dance, monkeys, dance " thing.
Well, if so - which I'm not so sure - I do not find behaviour of the sort is commensurate with the dignity of the office. And I eagerly await the return of that dignity.

I find them attractive in light of the wild-eyed leftist liberal volcanic outbursts they create in response.

I'm not speaking of specific documents, as much as style and tone. I found Obama to be very dignified in his public presentations. I also probably should have dropped Reagan in there, too; I found him dignified as well. H.W., also.

The only guys I'm really familiar with are the very early ones, and the ones of the modern era, so I drew from those. Hell, I'll throw Winston Churchill into the crowd too, just because.

Understand. Obama was/is a great orator. Not a big fan of some of his policies. especially where he was willing to throw over Israel in favor of Iran IMO. If we want to add orators in the list, clearly FDR would make the list. Was not of fan of H.W. or his style.

Well, if so - which I'm not so sure - I do not find behaviour of the sort is commensurate with the dignity of the office. And I eagerly await the return of that dignity.

I agree with you. He has made a mockery of the dignity and decorum expected of a president.
I feel he only won the election on the back of the internal rage Obama created.
You probably do not go to some of the more conservative websites I do, but believe me, the rage was there during Obama's two terms.
That wave of rage was what brought him to the White House.
Had Obama not been so divisive, Trump would not be there.

Now we have to live with it, because he is not going anywhere until his term or terms are up.

I only hope whoever comes after Trump will try and unite the country instead of spread more hate and drive the existing wedge deeper down.

This talk of hating the old, conservative white man has to stop.

Understand. Obama was/is a great orator. Not a big fan of some of his policies. especially where he was willing to throw over Israel in favor of Iran IMO. If we want to add orators in the list, clearly FDR would make the list. Was not of fan of H.W. or his style.
Yeah, FDR for sure.

I agree with you. He has made a mockery of the dignity and decorum expected of a president.
I feel he only won the election on the back of the internal rage Obama created.
You probably do not go to some of the more conservative websites I do, but believe me, the rage was there during Obama's two terms.
That wave of rage was what brought him to the White House.
Had Obama not been so divisive, Trump would not be there.

Now we have to live with it, because he is not going anywhere until his term or terms are up.

I only hope whoever comes after Trump will try and unite the country instead of spread more hate and drive the existing wedge deeper down.

This talk of hating the old, conservative white man has to stop.
Agreed. I think the thing we have to remember is that while Trump has done some conservative actions (Justices, tax cuts), he is not conservative or a conservative. He's nationalistic, authoritarian, and opportunistic.

Old-school principled and conscientious conservatives are taking a lot of crap by being intertwined with Trump and the current state of the Republican Party, at least as seen through the eyes of non-conservatives and those that don't know better. Which is a mess.

Oddly enough, I've seen some moderate conservatives like Bill Krystol try to attach themselves to the Dem Party and/or mainstream media, due to their feeling ostracized from the current Trump-Republican Party. But those places are not home for them, either. So I don't know where conscientious & principled conservatives today go. It seems they're kinda' stuck.

Where would William F. Buckley Jr. fit in, today? Or, even though we just lost him, Charles Krauthammer? I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom