• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tweet might be damning new evidence Rep. Omar married her brother

Scott Johnson has been investigating all this for quite some time. Here is his penultimate article, and it has several links if you're interested: Stand by your sham: Omar’s squeeze play | Power Line
And the claims wouldn't make sense for this tweet to support the original claim, which is that her father is also the biological father of the man she married. Sending a happy Father's Day to his father (or who is claimed to be his father), calling him father, would in fact be the opposite of that initial investigation. So which is supposed to be their father, her father or his father?

That is all speculation based on nothing but not understanding that people can live together as brother and sister, family, without being biologically or legally related.

The entire case is bunk since if her husband was also her brother, then he would have been eligible for legal citizenship under the same laws that she gained citizenship or other family citizenship laws. She wouldn't have had to marry him.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
And the claims wouldn't make sense for this tweet to support the original claim, which is that her father is also the biological father of the man she married. Sending a happy Father's Day to his father (or who is claimed to be his father), calling him father, would in fact be the opposite of that initial investigation. So which is supposed to be their father, her father or his father?

That is all speculation based on nothing but not understanding that people can live together as brother and sister, family, without being biologically or legally related.

The entire case is bunk since if her husband was also her brother, then he would have been eligible for legal citizenship under the same laws that she gained citizenship or other family citizenship laws. She wouldn't have had to marry him.

Oh, okay. Whatever you say. :roll:

She didn't say "father-in-law" in the tweet; she said "father."

How sharp is the hair-splitting blade you are using?

Better strop it up.....

Oh, okay. Whatever you say. :roll:
You provided links that purport having evidence yet provide no such evidence that she actually married her brother, only speculation based on ridiculous assumptions and claims. Anyone can say that the mentioned person "lived with his father", but how do you know that the person we ho said that actually knew he was his father? My mother and uncle have lived together since my mom and dad divorced. There were likely many people who thought my uncle was my siblings' father while they were going to school simply because other living situations are out of the norm and the norm is a lot of people's default assumption. If you asked many classmates of my siblings I bet they we would state they lived with their parents rather than their mother and uncle.

1. It does not matter what that individual did or did not do.

2. Her supporters will find some way to excuse it.

3. If you like someone, you like him / him or her / them, no matter what he / she does / they do. (Some new dictionaries have just made it official: It is now good English to use "they" as the gender neutral singular pronoun. I feel so sorry for learners of English!)

This conspiracy about Omar marrying her brother for citizenship doesn't even make sense. As siblings, and given he is younger than her, he would have been entitled to citizenship under the same laws that allowed her to get citizenship. Additionally, sisters can sponsor their brother's for citizenship under our laws in the same way that wives can and it wouldn't involve any risk of marriage fraud. Plus, there is no evidence he ever pursued citizenship while married to Omar. Why not if that was the entire point of their marriage? He was already a British citizen. Believe it or not, we at least had a pretty good relationship with Britian while they were married and switching citizenship or even adding it wouldn't have been that hard even without help.

I support Ilhan Omar 10000%. She's a rockstar.

You're right. There is no distinction between "father" and "father-in-law." Or "brother" and "husband."

Stand by your sham: Omerta for Omar | Power Line

“Power line.” Your news bookmark folder must be an absolute freak show.

I’d never heard of Powerline until NB brought it up. I never researched it until you brought it up....

Power Line - Wikipedia

Powerline has become a reliable mouthpiece for both the Republican Party and various racist, misogynist and white supremacist Republicans. Its authors regularly target Democrats, women of color, college students and professors, environmentalists while offering full-throated encomia to Donald Trump, law enforcement that have committed criminal acts, and Rush Limbaugh.

- from the link

Hell of a source!

Checked more than a few boxes with the Rep. Omar piece!

Scott Johnson has been investigating all this for quite some time. Here is his penultimate article, and it has several links if you're interested: Stand by your sham: Omar’s squeeze play | Power Line

Nothing from Fox, nothing from Trump, nothing from her political opponents, just blogs and vids from the radical right. The guy who wrote the piece you linked to also wrote an article moaning about Mogadishu, Minnesota. But at least Glenn Beck backs it up.

If it is her father in law... why did she delete the Tweet, and why does she fail to clarify that marriage?

How do we know you're not married to your sister who is also your cousin?

Don't you have fetal beating hearts sold by StemXpress from Planned Parenthood to track down before you go down another rabbit hole?

No he found those. Hillary had them in her fridge. In the basement of a pizzeria.

No he found those. Hillary had them in her fridge. In the basement of a pizzeria.

No! Next to Obama's Kenyan birth certificate that is kept in Al Capones vault...Geraldo will show you.

This conspiracy about Omar marrying her brother for citizenship doesn't even make sense. As siblings, and given he is younger than her, he would have been entitled to citizenship under the same laws that allowed her to get citizenship. Additionally, sisters can sponsor their brother's for citizenship under our laws in the same way that wives can and it wouldn't involve any risk of marriage fraud. Plus, there is no evidence he ever pursued citizenship while married to Omar. Why not if that was the entire point of their marriage? He was already a British citizen. Believe it or not, we at least had a pretty good relationship with Britian while they were married and switching citizenship or even adding it wouldn't have been that hard even without help.

Don't try and make rational arguments here. You can't reason someone out of an opinion they didn't reason themselves into.

So she said happy fathers day to her father in law, so she's married to her brother?

I call my in-laws mom and dad all the time. Seriously, this is trash. Only Trump supporters would believe such obvious bull**** conspiracy theories.

Probably the same people who believe Obama was born in Kenya.

I’d never heard of Powerline until NB brought it up. I never researched it until you brought it up....

Power Line - Wikipedia

Powerline has become a reliable mouthpiece for both the Republican Party and various racist, misogynist and white supremacist Republicans. Its authors regularly target Democrats, women of color, college students and professors, environmentalists while offering full-throated encomia to Donald Trump, law enforcement that have committed criminal acts, and Rush Limbaugh.

- from the link

Hell of a source!

Checked more than a few boxes with the Rep. Omar piece!

Perhaps you're unaware that Power Line contributed greatly to the exposing of "Memogate." And perhaps you're unfamiliar with these attorney bloggers:

You might enjoy Scott Johnson's current essay: Secret history of the exclamation point | Power Line

About Us | Power Line

“Power line.” Your news bookmark folder must be an absolute freak show.

Let's just say that it's far, far more eclectic than yours. ;)

Back
Top Bottom