• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TWA Flight 800 - Were We Lied To?

Flight 800

• US Navy shot her down - intentionaly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
My post #35 in that thread:

It wouldn't surprise me if it was brought down with a surface to air missile. That said, it doesn't mean we shot it down. I can understand the probable coverup. The Clinton administration knew how stirred up the Islamic extremists were, and warned president Bush. I will assume the truth was covered up to limit public fear.

Just what Clinton didn't need after the '93 attempt on the World Trade center...

Could the fear be that our government cannot keep us safe?

My first guess is accidental firing from a ship. But I really have not thought about this for years.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was brought down with a surface to air missile. That said, it doesn't mean we shot it down. I can understand the probable coverup. The Clinton administration knew how stirred up the Islamic extremists were, and warned president Bush. I will assume the truth was covered up to limit public fear.

Just what Clinton didn't need after the '93 attempt on the World Trade center...

If "we" didn't shoot it down, assuming it was shot down, who might have? From that close to continental US?

If "we" didn't shoot it down, assuming it was shot down, who might have? From that close to continental US?

Could have been from any small boat. I seem to remember a witness stating such as well.

If our Navy did shot it down, why the cover-up? Accidents [military and otherwise] happen all the time.

If it was about the cost, that is despicable.

If it were terrorist, why has it not happened since? If they have access to such weapons, they wouldn't need to attempt using shoes or underwear as such.

If it were terrorist, why has it not happened since? If they have access to such weapons, they wouldn't need to attempt using shoes or underwear as such.

Exactly. So many planes, so many airports, so easy to do if that's you're motive and you have the proper weapon.

Back
Top Bottom