• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TV station backs off accusation that CNN played politics

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
More alternative facts from conservatives who can't admit they were wrong.

“It’s certainly plausible that they didn’t want it for the viewpoint, or they just didn’t want it,” he said. “Both are plausible conclusions. I made one rather than the other.”

KUSI-TV is unaffiliated with any broadcast network and owned by McKinnon Broadcasting Co. Its general manager, Michael McKinnon, was described by the San Diego Business Journal as a “longtime supporter of conservative causes and candidates in the San Diego area.”

How is this 'alternative facts?' Making the assumption that CNN would spike a story on the basis that it doesnt fit their narrative, particularly when it comes to Trump, is a pretty sound assumption and probably true. They cant prove it, os they walked it back. But that doesnt mean they were wrong.

They cant prove it, os they walked it back. But that doesnt mean they were wrong.

If they believed in their cause they wouldn't have walked it back like cowards. But I don't expect you to understand what it means to stick by a cause that makes you feel good. You wouldn't even admit if you donated to build the wall.

Your claim does not comport with reality.

CNN said it had also reached out to reporters at other local stations about a possible segment but didn’t follow through when the plans changed. “This happens many times every single day,” the network said in a statement. “This is a non-story.”

Even if plans change several times a second. Why did their plans change? Because Acosta's report failed?

Your claim does not comport with reality.

CNN said it had also reached out to reporters at other local stations about a possible segment but didn’t follow through when the plans changed. “This happens many times every single day,” the network said in a statement. “This is a non-story.”

Even if plans change several times a second. Why did their plans change? Because Acosta's report failed?

My claim is that the network accusing them of being biased against conservatives has walked back their claims and saying, "maybe it did happen, maybe it didn't happen," like a child.

My claim is that the network accusing them of being biased against conservatives has walked back their claims and saying, "maybe it did happen, maybe it didn't happen," like a child.
Do you know if that is the reason it happened or not?

If they believed in their cause they wouldn't have walked it back like cowards. But I don't expect you to understand what it means to stick by a cause that makes you feel good. You wouldn't even admit if you donated to build the wall.

Cause?? What cause is involved here? The fact is, they made an accusation they cannot back up, so they walked it back. CNN denied it and they cant prove it so it was the right thing to do. That doesnt mean that they got it wrong though.

Cause?? What cause is involved here? The fact is, they made an accusation they cannot back up, so they walked it back. CNN denied it and they cant prove it so it was the right thing to do. That doesnt mean that they got it wrong though.

That being CNN is biased against conservatives or at least biased against people reporting negative border stories at said border. That was his whole complaint and now he can't or won't back it up. In fact, he didn't even check with the network to see why they didn't pick him. Do keep up.

That being CNN is biased against conservatives or at least biased against people reporting negative border stories at said border. That was his whole complaint and now he can't or won't back it up. In fact, he didn't even check with the network to see why they didn't pick him. Do keep up.

Keep up with what? You are running behind me. :roll: They made an accusation against CNN that they couldnt prove and CNN denied so they walked it back. That doesnt mean they arent right and it certainly isnt alternative facts that you claim it to be.

Keep up with what? You are running behind me. :roll: They made an accusation against CNN that they couldnt prove and CNN denied so they walked it back. That doesnt mean they arent right and it certainly isnt alternative facts that you claim it to be.

Yeah they are lying about CNN's story with no evidence. It's what the President does when he lies about stuff gets calls out on it and then Kellyanne goes out and says well that was an alternative fact.

We all know that the station was right. They just backed off because they don't have proof.

I'm from the old school where people didn't abandon common sense to further their political agenda... but not everyone can have integrity.

They blatantly accused CNN without evidence. :lamo Great Defense, boy.

They did the right thing when CNN came back swinging their big **** in their face.

Common sense... Look it up sometime.

They did the right thing when CNN came back swinging their big **** in their face.

I'll remember this thread next time some rich old white guy goes down in the #metoo movement and you can't stand the "false" accusations against him.

I'll remember this thread next time some rich old white guy goes down in the #metoo movement and you can't stand the "false" accusations against him.

And I'm sure you'll forget that CNN has an unmistakable anti-Trump bias...
And I'm sure you'll forget that CNN has an unmistakable anti-border wall bias...
And I'm sure you'll forget that CNN never aired anyone from any station in San Diego station about the border situation...
And I'm sure you'll forget that CNN never reported over the last few days that the border wall in San Diego has been very effective...
And I'm sure you'll forget that CNN never reported over the last few days about any border wall anywhere being effective...

But hey, if it helps you to avoid dealing with politically inconvenient, self evident truth that clashes with that agenda of yours, you go right ahead and keep making apples to oranges comparisons. I mean the ONLY person your fooling by pulling that dishonest crap is yourself.

The article's lead:

An executive at a San Diego television station that accused CNN of rejecting an appearance by one of its reporters for political reasons conceded Friday he didn’t really know why the network turned him down.​

Isn't that characteristic of many conservatives: prattling loudly about something or other about which they know little to nothing? Trump, Trumpkins and Republican "pundits" do that all the time. One sees it in Trump's tweets, here on DP, and on cable news commentary programs. It's no surprise to me that behavior appears on talk radio too...talk radio is, after all, nearly all conservative bantering about some sort of imagined conspiracy theory BS.

Back
Top Bottom