• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

TV ads favored Biden 2-1 in past month

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
TV ads favored Biden 2-1 in past month | TheHill

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign and his outside backers have aired almost twice as many television spots in the past month as have President Trump and his supporters.

A new report from the Wesleyan Media Project, a group of political scientists who monitor television spending, found Biden backers spent $59 million to air 106,000 television spots since Aug. 10. Over the same period, Trump backers spent $36 million to air about 57,000 commercials.

The air time disadvantage Trump faces, coming just as voters begin to tune into the general election, is virtually unprecedented in the history of modern politics.
===================================================================
I saw on TV the other day that Biden is outspending Trump by a considerable margin.

Yeah, I saw the article where Trump stopped running ads in AZ. No idea why. But I also saw two articles claiming Trump is carpet bombing the Miami Spanish stations, and picking-up a lot of Cuban support. If I had to do a WAG, I think Biden may lose FL. At least with the shift I'm seeing in Miami.

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign and his outside backers have aired almost twice as many television spots in the past month as have President Trump and his supporters.

A new report from the Wesleyan Media Project, a group of political scientists who monitor television spending, found Biden backers spent $59 million to air 106,000 television spots since Aug. 10. Over the same period, Trump backers spent $36 million to air about 57,000 commercials.

The air time disadvantage Trump faces, coming just as voters begin to tune into the general election, is virtually unprecedented in the history of modern politics.
I saw on TV the other day that Biden is outspending Trump by a considerable margin.

It seems billionaires don't know how to handle money:
How Trump'''s Billion-Dollar Campaign Lost Its Cash Advantage
Money was supposed to have been one of the great advantages of incumbency for President Donald Trump, much as it was for President Barack Obama in 2012 and George W. Bush in 2004. After getting outspent in 2016, Trump filed for reelection on the day of his inauguration — earlier than any other modern president — betting that the head start would deliver him a decisive financial advantage this year.

It seemed to have worked. His rival, Joe Biden, was relatively broke when he emerged as the presumptive Democratic nominee this spring, and Trump and the Republican National Committee had a nearly $200 million cash advantage.

Five months later, Trump’s financial supremacy has evaporated. Of the $1.1 billion his campaign and the party raised from the beginning of 2019 through July, more than $800 million has been spent. Now some people inside the campaign are forecasting what was once unthinkable: a cash crunch with less than 60 days until the election, according to Republican officials briefed on the matter.
And we wonder why the debt has skyrocketed.

The question is if voters can be bought

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I saw the article where Trump stopped running ads in AZ. No idea why. But I also saw two articles claiming Trump is carpet bombing the Miami Spanish stations, and picking-up a lot of Cuban support. If I had to do a WAG, I think Biden may lose FL. At least with the shift I'm seeing in Miami.
Im not saying biden has reached this point in his spending but i do think the average voter is more jaded than the past and all campaghins that run the risk of diminished returns on their investments. Over spending can be as bad as underspending when promoting ones self

The question is if voters can be bought

It's not so much buying voters as buying communication with voters to make a candidate's case. Trump had 1.1 billion dollars to do just that. His campaign didn't spend 800 million of that effectively, and now his campaign is running short. They need to up their game. The question is: Can they do so?

It's not so much buying voters as buying communication with voters to make a candidate's case. Trump had 1.1 billion dollars to do just that. His campaign didn't spend 800 million of that effectively, and now his campaign is running short. They need to up their game. The question is: Can they do so?
Tomatoe
Tomato

It’s been reported by Maggie Haberman, of the NYTimes that the Trump campaign is low on cash. I think Trump has been stealing it. So, they have no money for advertising.
Interesting, he just today said he'll toss-in a bunch of his own ca$h if needed. Yeah, right!

Trump campaign pulled out in AZ tv ads but not all the way. Just for a week or so and then they intend to go back there. But I think they are having to strategize the spending more carefully which would explain this withdrawal. Saves about $600 thousand.

Interesting, he just today said he'll toss-in a bunch of his own ca$h if needed. Yeah, right!

Actually, I think he would. Desperation is a cruel mistress.

He said that 4 years ago. He didn’t.

Yeah, Biden commands the big donor landscape, Trump's are more small donors. That suggests "power to the people" is probably "power to the rich people". :eek:

Actually, I think he would. Desperation is a cruel mistress.
He claimed that in '16, and it was a lie. But you know, if it means keeping his ass out of the joint due to SDNY charges that are still within the statute of limitations, you could be right.

Yeah, Biden commands the big donor landscape, Trump's are more small donors. That suggests "power to the people" is probably "power to the rich people". :eek:

Link?

Yeah, but he has to borrow or bully donors to get cash.

Trump's campaign is broke...they spent all their money on Superbowl ads...and his campaign manager's mansions, yacht and exotic vacations.

Yeah, but he has to borrow or bully donors to get cash.

Trump's campaign is broke...they spent all their money on Superbowl ads...and his campaign manager's mansions, yacht and exotic vacations.
They're probably fleecing the campaign, as they've been fleecing the country. When they're out of office, is when the stories will come-out of those they leaned on.

the uber rich strongly support Biden. They figure a bigger government will give them more power

Back
Top Bottom