• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Turtles Wash Up Dead

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Dozens of dead turtles wash up on Massachusetts coast due to cold, animal sanctuary says
Stranding season — when tropical turtles become stranded in the bay's frigid waters and their metabolisms shut down — usually spans from Thanksgiving to Christmas, according to the Cape Cod Times. The winds then push the immobile reptiles to shore, where they are likely killed by the cold air and wind chills.

Why do hundred-plus year old turtles get "stranded" in cold water up North?

Short answer: Global Warming.

https://eos.org/features/why-is-the-gulf-of-maine-warming-faster-than-99-of-the-ocean

“They are enjoying the warm water, and then all of a sudden the cold comes, and they can’t get out fast enough,” said Andrew Pershing, an oceanographer at the Gulf of Maine Research Institute in Portland, Maine.

Thanks to record-breaking summer water temperatures that quickly transition to cooler conditions, an expanded sea turtle stranding season is just one facet of a new normal for the Gulf of Maine, Pershing explained. And this new normal is a striking contrast to prior conditions.

And, one thing is for sure, the water is getting warmer.

satellite-computer-model-data-heatwave-gulf-of-maine.png

I got stranded up north this year too. Winter started early. Where is that promised global warming?

Interestingly, the turtles in the pond out back freeze to death every winter and thaw in the spring and keep on keeping on.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Dozens of dead turtles wash up on Massachusetts coast due to cold, animal sanctuary says

Why do hundred-plus year old turtles get "stranded" in cold water up North?

Short answer: Global Warming.

And, one thing is for sure, the water is getting warmer.

satellite-computer-model-data-heatwave-gulf-of-maine.png

Run for your lives! Run for your lives! Global warming freezes are coming! Turtles will die by the dozens if a king's ransom is not paid to climate researchers needing to burn huge piles of funding cash in order to change the weather.

So the turtles are stranded in the cold because of warming? Hmmm.

I figured a few people would respond like that. Thanks for being first.

No but it is instructive that you think so.

I am a huge fan of letting everyone say what ever stupid thing that they want...and then I pay attention.

Yea you are the brilliant one. It was a VERY GOOD ONE!

Yea you are the brilliant one. It was a VERY GOOD ONE!

We get told that the seas will be mostly dead in 50 years and I am supposed to care about a few small turtles freezing to death?

I dont even eat Turtle Soup!

NEXT!

We get told that the seas will be mostly dead in 50 years and I am supposed to care about a few small turtles freezing to death?

I dont even eat Turtle Soup!

NEXT!

I'm sure you used to be better.

I'm sure you used to be better.

If we are going to have to have a Stop And Cry every time a few turtles or whatever die then the next 50 years are going to be Hell.

I suggest an alternate plan.

If we are going to have to have a Stop And Cry every time a few turtles or whatever die then the next 50 years are going to be Hell.

I suggest an alternate plan.

It's not the 50 turtles, its an additional symptom of global warming. And it WAS "a good one" whether you like it or not.

It's not the 50 turtles, its an additional symptom of global warming. And it WAS "a good one" whether you like it or not.

Crying is not going to help us.

We best get smart and get ready for what looks like is coming....some folks claim that time is now very short.

Crying is not going to help us.

We best get smart and get ready for what looks like is coming....some folks claim that time is now very short.

I believe it you who said "Boo Hoo".

Denial is what makes most men no smarter than a turtle.

I figured a few people would respond like that. Thanks for being first.

Of course some people will find the suggestion that sea turtles are dying of the cold due to global warming is a little bit illogical.

Run for your lives! Run for your lives! Global warming freezes are coming! Turtles will die by the dozens if a king's ransom is not paid to climate researchers needing to burn huge piles of funding cash in order to change the weather.

Those scientists need to shut up and get back to coming up with ways to make businesses money!

Because they love scientists when they do that.

And call them stupid when they cost them money.

Well, the article did explain that.

The planet still tilts.

Winter is still a thing.

Ans sea turtles don't have the weather channel.

They just know its still warm.

Until it isn't.

And then being cold blooded, its too late.

Some have died every year.

Warmer fall? More dead when winter comes.

As a society, we have reacted to this in a very susupiscious manner.

A mature society, when warned of a possible serious problem, would look into it to see if they are right.

That is NOT what happened.

Instead, absolute denial, coming directly from those whose oxen would be gored.

Well, the article did explain that.

The planet still tilts.

Winter is still a thing.

Ans sea turtles don't have the weather channel.

They just know its still warm.

Until it isn't.

And then being cold blooded, its too late.

Some have died every year.

Warmer fall? More dead when winter comes.

As a society, we have reacted to this in a very susupiscious manner.

A mature society, when warned of a possible serious problem, would look into it to see if they are right.

That is NOT what happened.

Instead, absolute denial, coming directly from those whose oxen would be gored.

And the claim is still BS. It is admitted this happens every year, but somehow the effect is worse because the water is warmer? Nonsense.

Those scientists need to shut up and get back to coming up with ways to make businesses money!

Because they love scientists when they do that.

And call them stupid when they cost them money.

Global warming foolishness does pose grave dangers to the economies of nations of the world.

And the claim is still BS. It is admitted this happens every year, but somehow the effect is worse because the water is warmer? Nonsense.

Posting more ignorance to hold onto a disproven position won't change facts, Jack.

Back
Top Bottom