• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Turtles Wash Up Dead

The jet stream changes constantly. It is not become 'more elongated' (whatever THAT means!).

The jet stream doesn't 'stick in place' anywhere. It constantly changes it's path due to nearby weather patterns.

BS.

The jet stream has changed from climate warming. It used to be a gentle sine wave across the north of the continent but now the amplitude is greater and the wavelength less. This brings cold weather down further south than normal and warmer weather further north. Also, it does 'stick'- it stays in one position longer than it used to. It's one of the ways 'weather' is distinct from 'climate'.
One concern about the jet stream is it's weakening.

Last edited:
Sounds like Darwinism at work to me. The turtles that recognize the cold waters coming and swim south fast enough get to live. We should stop trying to save all the Dodo birds and let nature do its thing.

Does that include the dead humans from the California wildfires?

Does that include the dead humans from the California wildfires?

If your dumb enough to stand still and let a forest burn around you then you deserve the consequences of that action, don't come to my house demanding the fruits on my labor.

If your dumb enough to stand still and let a forest burn around you then you deserve the consequences of that action, don't come to my house demanding the fruits on my labor.

Your lack of empathy is only matched by your lack of knowledge. Your orange god must be so proud.

The jet stream has changed from climate warming.
The jet stream hasn't changed. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
It used to be a gentle sine wave across the north of the continent but now the amplitude is greater and the wavelength less.
The jet stream has no wavelength or amplitude.
This brings cold weather down further south than normal
Wait...WTF? I though you said 'warming'!
and warmer weather further north.
Wait...WTF? Are you saying the arctic is warmer than the tropics???
Also, it does 'stick'- it stays in one position longer than it used to.
It doesn't stay in one position at all. It varies with the daily weather.
It's one of the ways 'weather' is distinct from 'climate'.
No. Climate is usually defined as 'weather over a long time'. There is no such thing as a global climate, since there is no such thing as a global weather.
One concern about the jet stream is it's weakening.
Nope. The guys that fly in it see no change.

Your lack of empathy is only matched by your lack of knowledge. Your orange god must be so proud.

I don't think his description of being dumb enough to stand still and let a forest burn around you is not empathetic. I'm sure he feels (though I am guessing at this point), just as I do, that such people died needlessly. A tragedy. It was like they were no smarter than the turtles.

The jet stream hasn't changed. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

The jet stream has no wavelength or amplitude.

Wait...WTF? I though you said 'warming'!

Wait...WTF? Are you saying the arctic is warmer than the tropics???

It doesn't stay in one position at all. It varies with the daily weather.

No. Climate is usually defined as 'weather over a long time'. There is no such thing as a global climate, since there is no such thing as a global weather.

Nope. The guys that fly in it see no change.

Are you serious with this **** or just playing word games? The jet stream has no amplitude or wavelength? You either don't know what the jet stream is and what it does or you're playing some kind of 'apdst' stupidity. I'm saying the arctic is warmer than the tropics? Jee-zus. You can't be that dense. Nobody can and still turn on a computer. You must be just trolling. Global climate and global weather. ****sakes. If my twelve-year-old wrote that kind of **** I'd be having a serious talk with his school with an eye to a change.

I say that exact same thing about Trump supporters a lot.

Are you serious with this **** or just playing word games?
The jet stream has no amplitude or wavelength?
Nope. It is not a wave of any kind.
You either don't know what the jet stream is
I know exactly what the jet stream is and what causes it. I know the guys that fly in it too.
and what it does
It doesn't 'do' anything. It simply is.
or you're playing some kind of 'apdst' stupidity.
Why is it when you liberals find someone that disagrees with you, you start throwing insults? That's not a counter-argument. Insults are a fallacy.
I'm saying the arctic is warmer than the tropics? Jee-zus. You can't be that dense.
That IS what you were arguing. You want to retract that bit?
Nobody can and still turn on a computer. You must be just trolling.
Why is it when you liberals find someone that disagrees with you, they are instantly 'trolls'? I don't think you know what an internet troll is.
Global climate and global weather.
No such thing.
****sakes. If my twelve-year-old wrote that kind of **** I'd be having a serious talk with his school with an eye to a change.
Another insult fallacy.

Back
Top Bottom