• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Turns out all of humanity is related to a single couple

I personally can't win with Religion. I'm in AA and NA cuz I have many years clean and sober and believe in "god" but not a religion. I really do think that "force" (yeah, like star wars), shows glimmers of itself in all religions, but they are like mazes and not everyone can navigate them successfully.

I got "christian" friend grilling me cuz they worry if I'll go to (mythical) hell. I have an ex I re-connected with who disowned me for saying the Catholic church isn't purely evil. Religion is not a topic anyone can win at it seems.

Got PV calling me a bigot because I find hoping for armageddon and nt giving a crap about the environment a vile and ignorant position. No matter where I'm at with it someone is pissed. I don't think God cares much tho.

I hope you'll take the time to read this article...

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/...no3-2018-sep-oct/where-was-god-does-god-care/

Hmm....where have I read that before.... :mrgreen:

Getting popcorn for impending deluge of Darwinist/atheist hysteria...who will now perform tremendous acrobatics and dance moves to try to pretend this fits the narrative they have been spewing for about 100 years.

If Darwinism is correct...GROUPS of humans in the same area would have evolved at or near the same time...and GENETIC SCIENTISTS JUST DEBUnKED THAT, USING DNA form over 5,000,000 humans..WORLDWIDE.

It really is all relative.

A new study revealed that all humans are descendants of the same man and woman who lived 100,000 to 200,000 years ago.

Our communal mom and dad got together after a “catastrophic event” almost wiped out the human race, the Daily Mail reported of the study.
The researchers studied the DNA of five million animals, including humans, to come to their conclusions. .

https://nypost.com/2018/11/24/turns-out-all-of-humanity-is-related-to-a-single-couple/

We are all descended from two common ancestirs, but I've heard that they didn't exist at the same time. Plus there's Genghis Khan who is an ancestor to much of humanity (especially if you're white or asian).

NAw, Jehaovah's witnesses are a dangerous cult, but well not something you can grasp clearly.

Since we are against all forms of violence, dangerous how?

Since we are against all forms of violence, dangerous how?

Shunning children; "Borderline Personality Disorer" perhaps you've heard of it? There's an alarming incidence of it among former Jehava's, Amish and such. INcredibly common with fundamentalist religious folk who practic shunning.

One need not be violent to harm. Some of my best friends in life are former Jehovah's BTW. Our comminity has a large contingent.

The story of the prodical son taught you people nothing apparently.

Correction...I back up what I say with God's Word...

You corrected my statement that you quote the Bible? Then you did not quote the Bible.

Shunning children; "Borderline Personality Disorer" perhaps you've heard of it? There's an alarming incidence of it among former Jehava's, Amish and such. INcredibly common with fundamentalist religious folk who practic shunning.

One need not be violent to harm. Some of my best friends in life are former Jehovah's BTW. Our comminity has a large contingent.

The story of the prodical son taught you people nothing apparently.

Most of my friends are active JW's...the most loving, caring group of people in the world...what the ones do once they leave Jehovah, I have no idea...if they have mental issues, leaving could be the reason why...

Most of my friends are active JW's...the most loving, caring group of people in the world...what the ones do once they leave Jehovah, I have no idea...if they have mental issues, leaving could be the reason why...

As long as they all agree with you and conform of course y'all get along. Mormons the same. That was just an excuse for Smith to be a pedophile, I'm sure they all get along fine, don't make it OK.

It's an interesting study so I'll be curious to see what else is revealed as we continue to explore our origins. From my perspective this is all an act of putting pieces together to understand a picture; I don't pretend to know what that picture will be in the end.

As long as they all agree with you and conform of course y'all get along. Mormons the same. That was just an excuse for Smith to be a pedophile, I'm sure they all get along fine, don't make it OK.

Is that not what the Bible says Christians should be...in agreement...1 Corinthians 1:10

Is that not what the Bible says Christians should be...in agreement...1 Corinthians 1:10

If you take a book written, edited, debated over by men to be infallible perhaps. It's not worth discussing, as clearly you have taken on your religion as a psychosis, and that bores me to death.

If you take a book written, edited, debated over by men to be infallible perhaps. It's not worth discussing, as clearly you have taken on your religion as a psychosis, and that bores me to death.

Because you have no valid argument against it...got it...

Because you have no valid argument against it...got it...

No interest in debate with someone who has willingly been brainwashed into a psychotic need to adhere to a false doctrine, no, just things in life I have time for and things I enjoy and things I don't.

I have plenty of valid arguments that shoot eveything you think you know so full of wholes as to be transparent, but you need a deprgrammer and well, not my line. I have football to watch.

The problem is that it doesn't debunk ALL religious claims, in that sentence. Maybe the claims of some religious individuals who never understood nuance, but otherwise, it's quite of an impressive find.

The point of the OP is that he wants it to support his claims of Adam and Eve. That it does not must be upsetting for him. Although I suspect he is suficently deliberately blind that nothing will get through.

Yeah, read the complete thought there while you're at it...;)

misunderstood by some religious parties who thought it meant that we all came into being in some seminal Big Bang-typed event 100,000 ago, but this isn't what the findings actually suggest.

I did. What is your point???

That this is not the big bang at all, given it is only 100,000 years ago, is obvious. The point the scientist made was that this was not Adam and Eve either.

No interest in debate with someone who has willingly been brainwashed into a psychotic need to adhere to a false doctrine, no, just things in life I have time for and things I enjoy and things I don't.

I have plenty of valid arguments that shoot eveything you think you know so full of wholes as to be transparent, but you need a deprgrammer and well, not my line. I have football to watch.

lol...the feeling is mutual...

Well Adam and Eve do have belly buttons, so they came from somewhere.

We all no doubt descended from a single source as did all living things being as specks of goo in the sea. But as we changed, so did our mitochondrial DNA. We only choose to track the line that is "us". We don't go beyond where it diverged from whatever critter predated us.

That has been tracked loads. It is very well documented.

I'll take a clean brain any day over some brains I've come into contact with...:2razz:

Hmm....where have I read that before.... :mrgreen:

Getting popcorn for impending deluge of Darwinist/atheist hysteria...who will now perform tremendous acrobatics and dance moves to try to pretend this fits the narrative they have been spewing for about 100 years.

If Darwinism is correct...GROUPS of humans in the same area would have evolved at or near the same time...and GENETIC SCIENTISTS JUST DEBUnKED THAT, USING DNA form over 5,000,000 humans..WORLDWIDE.

It really is all relative.

A new study revealed that all humans are descendants of the same man and woman who lived 100,000 to 200,000 years ago.

Our communal mom and dad got together after a “catastrophic event” almost wiped out the human race, the Daily Mail reported of the study.
The researchers studied the DNA of five million animals, including humans, to come to their conclusions. .

https://nypost.com/2018/11/24/turns-out-all-of-humanity-is-related-to-a-single-couple/
Errmmm
The study has been misunderstood by some religious parties who thought it meant that we all came into being in some seminal Big Bang-typed event 100,000 ago, but this isn't what the findings actually suggest.

it probably wasn't a single couple. there is a woman that we're all related to and a man who all Y chromosomes can be traced to, but they might not have lived at the same time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam

In fact, the 'y-chromosome' adam time frame was pushed back to be about 340,000 years ago. They did some DNA testing, and found someone whose Y-Chromosome was so different it appears to be an interpolition from a more archaic species. After some investigation, they found a couple of dozen individsuals with y-chromosomes that come from that time period.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn23240-the-father-of-all-men-is-340000-years-old/

The point of the OP is that he wants it to support his claims of Adam and Eve. That it does not must be upsetting for him. Although I suspect he is suficently deliberately blind that nothing will get through.

What do you think Adam and Eve is? I'm sure your concept of the story does not at all match the OP's conception of it. I would be surprised if that were the case.

Back
Top Bottom