• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Turkish Prime Minister says military coup attempt underway[W 323]

I hope Medusa and our other Turkish members of DP are safe.

I hope Turkey's people and DP's Turkish members will be safe.

CnbpqJGXEAArI__.jpg

Tanks at Istanbul Ataturk Airport.

That's just stupid.

Makes sense. Turkey is in turmoil.

CnbkUYgWYAAU6SI.jpg

Turkish troops out in force in Ankara.

Wasn't Erdogan involved in the last coup they had?

The Turkish military declares it has taken over the country.

Reuters say the Turkish military made a statement: "We have taken over Turkey".
Youtube, Twitter and Facebook were just shut down in the entire country.

14 minutes ago.
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/15/gunfire-heard-jets-seen-flying-in-turkish-capital-of-ankara.html
"Some people illegally undertook an illegal action outside of the chain of command," Yildirim said in comments broadcast by private channel NTV and reported by Reuters.

"The government elected by the people remains in charge. This government will only go when the people say so."

The Turkish military said in a statement that it had taken over the country in order for democratic order and human rights to remain. In the statement, the military said that all existing foreign relations would continue and that rule of law would be a priority.

The Turkish military declares it has taken over the country.

Depending on who is now in charge, this could be good. More moderate, sensible leaders are needed over Edrogen.

As long as they're Kemelists, I can't see but good coming from it.
Just my opinion though, Erdogan has been behaving badly, with the press and in many other ways.

Erdogan is a pseudo-tyrant. It's not him or his AKP party that I am worried about, it's what Turkey the world is going to get now.

Back
Top Bottom