• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Turkish President "doesn't have time" to meet the Israeli President

ido_

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Turkish president says won't be able to meet with Israel counterpart on sidelines of UN General Assembly session due to tight schedule, but adds Turkey will not forgive Israel for flotilla victims. He does find time to meet with Iranian leader

Gul can't find time to meet Peres - Israel News, Ynetnews

I think Israel should stop trying to reconcile with Turkey. We need to get the point that present day Turkey is turning into other directions and stop taking those public humiliations from Turkey. Leave them alone with their new Iranian friends and tell them to **** off until the next time they want to buy another Heron.

I think Israel should stop trying to reconcile with Turkey. We need to get the point that present day Turkey is turning into other directions and stop taking those public humiliations from Turkey. Leave them alone with their new Iranian friends and tell them to **** off until the next time they want to buy another Heron.

The battle between secularism and Islamism in Turkey has certainly taken a turn for the worse, and I worry that Edrogan is just the tip of the iceburg. For decades, it has been the Turkish military that has been the fiercest defender of secularism, but if the Islamists ever gain full control of such, it's all over for Turkey. Edrogen has already been successful in purging many Kemalists from key military and judicial positions, so the tipping point may be coming soon.

This decision is not really surprising. It amounts to just another indication that the present government in Turkey has made a strategic choice to realign its relationships. Neither Operation Cast Lead nor the flotilla incident were triggers that pushed Turkey onto its current course. Those were merely events that helped the current government rationalize a course it had already assumed. Even if such events had not taken place, Turkey's course would be essentially the same. That course is largely a function of how the current government views Turkey's interests through the prism of its ideology, not to mention evolving balance-of-power considerations in the region.

Last edited:
The battle between secularism and Islamism in Turkey has certainly taken a turn for the worse, and I worry that Edrogan is just the tip of the iceburg. For decades, it has been the Turkish military that has been the fiercest defender of secularism, but if the Islamists ever gain full control of such, it's all over for Turkey. Edrogen has already been successful in purging many Kemalists from key military and judicial positions, so the tipping point may be coming soon.

This is kind of like "the devil you know" situation because the Kemalists are not particularly good people either and it is likely this shift will continue with them as well. Erdogan has made several strides in democratic reform and I do not see any indication that he has any hardliner leanings. Look at how that referendum was regarded by the Kemalists. They acted like giving a little more power to the elected government is making Turkey into a shariah state.

This decision is not really surprising. It amounts to just another indication that the present government in Turkey has made a strategic choice to realign its relationships. Neither Operation Cast Lead nor the flotilla incident were triggers that pushed Turkey onto its current course. Those were merely events that helped the current government rationalize a course it had already assumed. Even if such events had not taken place, Turkey's course would be essentially the same. That course is largely a function of how the current government views Turkey's interests through the prism of its ideology, not to mention evolving balance-of-power considerations in the region.

Yeha they've been steadily moving away from Nato towards the Eastern bloc [i.e. China, Russia, Iran and India, along with other up and coming powers like Brazil] for years now.

But with the West's ever dying economic system I can't say that this is in any way a bad idea for Turkey because this fantasy money our governments have been dealing in is going to see the whole system come crashing down. Better to align with those who actually have plenty of commodities instead of fabricated numbers on a computer.

Last edited:

Again ... more proof of why Islam should never be allowed to make laws.

There are obviously contradicting views to this opinion. Our recent constitutional reform actually makes Turkey more democratic. On one hand, it is also setting the stage for the further expansion of the powers of the AKP and there ideology. But that is a conspiracy. We will see.

The failure of secularism in recent years in Turkey is not Erdogan's trophy to claim.
They are loosing pretty much for the same reasons Republicans in America lost to Obama. Endless foreign policy and domestic policy screw ups, instability, authoritarian and discriminative policies and a very paranoid state of leadership has contributed to there downfall.

Hopefully in the midst of the rubble New Kemalism will thrive. It is inherent in the Turkish hearts and minds to adopt the secularist ways, but a change in the CHP, and i mean a dramatic change, will be the only thing that saves us. Nobody there will readily give up a national hero and his ideology for Erdogan, who has not even remotely proved himself to the Turkish state in the way Kemal Ataturk did.

For example, Religious freedom under the AKP, freedom of the sexes and ethnic equality has been at its best since Ataturks time in power when Turkey was actually leader of gender equality in Europe.

Your argument goes both ways.
Also IDO, its no suprise he is too busy. You should keep up with our politics and you'll know why.

Last edited:
There are obviously contradicting views to this opinion. Our recent constitutional reform actually makes Turkey more democratic. On one hand, it is also setting the stage for the further expansion of the powers of the AKP and there ideology. But that is a conspiracy. We will see.

The failure of secularism in recent years in Turkey is not Erdogan's trophy to claim.
They are loosing pretty much for the same reasons Republicans in America lost to Obama. Endless foreign policy and domestic policy screw ups, instability, authoritarian and discriminative policies and a very paranoid state of leadership has contributed to there downfall.

Hopefully in the midst of the rubble New Kemalism will thrive. It is inherent in the Turkish hearts and minds to adopt the secularist ways, but a change in the CHP, and i mean a dramatic change, will be the only thing that saves us. Nobody there will readily give up a national hero and his ideology for Erdogan, who has not even remotely proved himself to the Turkish state in the way Kemal Ataturk did.

For example, Religious freedom under the AKP, freedom of the sexes and ethnic equality has been at its best since Ataturks time in power when Turkey was actually leader of gender equality in Europe.

Your argument goes both ways.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't talking about Turkish internal affairs, I wouldn't care less who the Turkish ppl vote for or what they do in their own country, its their right. But with the Turkish goverment's ongoing public humiliation of Peres (this is the 3rd time he has been humiliated by Turkish goverment figures) and the incitment against Israel in Turkey which included a riot in a basketball game with mob crying "death to Israel", the TV shows that show IDF soldiers shooting babies in the head and Mossad agents kiddnaping children, I'd say we have to take the hint, we are not welcome in present day Turkey and we should stop trying to reconcil and let the Turks kiss their new Iranian friends' ass.

Also IDO, its no suprise he is too busy. You should keep up with our politics and you'll know why

Yup, he had to meet the holocost denier dictator of Iran, how can he possibly squeeze in Peace Nobel prize winner Peres in...

I'm pretty sure I wasn't talking about Turkish internal affairs, I wouldn't care less who the Turkish ppl vote for or what they do in their own country, its their right. But with the Turkish goverment's ongoing public humiliation of Peres (this is the 3rd time he has been humiliated by Turkish goverment figures) and the incitment against Israel in Turkey which included a riot in a basketball game with mob crying "death to Israel", the TV shows that show IDF soldiers shooting babies in the head and Mossad agents kiddnaping children, I'd say we have to take the hint, we are not welcome in present day Turkey and we should stop trying to reconcil and let the Turks kiss their new Iranian friends' ass.

I'm merely confronting your opinion about Turkey's "direction". If Democracy is improving, yet Palestinian sympathies are rising, it is beyond ignorant and naive to conclude such a thing ido. I expect more from you. If you honestly believe sympathy for a paticular ethnic group in this conflict confirms the direction of the ideology of the country in question, then i must tell you, you are wrong.

Anyway, unfortunately this happens all over the world where Israel is a controversial topic of discussion in regards to her conflict, but a handful of those in Turkey who dislike Israel do not neccessarily represent the opinions of the entire country. Riots related to the Palestinian conflict happen all over Europe. Turkey is not a special case, neither does it confirm a shift to the East. Infact, i can recall a few incidents this year alone where riot police have clashed with Greeks outside of it Israel's Athens embassy. Infact, the UK saw a period of mass protests during the Gaza campaign, something Turkey has never seen on a large scale.

People are angry at each other, it happens during heated relations, and the AKP have contributed significantly to this **** storm.

Yup, he had to meet the holocost denier dictator of Iran, how can he possibly squeeze in Peace Nobel prize winner Peres in...

Strategically speaking, for Turkey to be able to present itself as a mediator that Iran finds acceptable and the West finds acceptable, is a very good move.
On the importance list, Peres falls pretty short.

Last edited:
I'm merely confronting your opinion about Turkey's "direction". If Democracy is improving, yet Palestinian sympathies are rising, it is beyond ignorant and naive to conclude such a thing ido. I expect more from you. If you honestly believe sympathy for a paticular ethnic group in this conflict confirms the direction of the ideology of the country in question, then i must tell you, you are wrong.

Actually it's the sympathy/collaboration with the fundamentalist totalitarian terrorist group representing them that seals the deal.

Actually it's the sympathy/collaboration with the fundamentalist totalitarian terrorist group representing them that seals the deal.

I assume you have concluded this from Erdogan's comment about Hamas not being a terrorist group...how does that stance make his government different to any other European government on the issue of Hamas's status as an organization/government? Because in Europe the law does not recognize them as terrorists. Infact the UK does not recognize Hamas as terrorists at all, apart from its militant wing. Unfortunate but true.
Thus one can say that Turkey is taking it's possible future in the EU very seriously. :rofl

Last edited:
I assume you have concluded this from Erdogan's comment about Hamas not being a terrorist group...

Yes, among other things

how does that stance make his government different to any other European government on the issue of Hamas's status as an organization/government? Because in Europe the law does not recognize them as terrorists. Infact the UK does not recognize Hamas as terrorists at all, apart from its militant wing. Unfortunate but true.

The difference, as I see it, is that he is part of the core political philosophy rather than just acting as a useful idiot for it.

Thus one can say that Turkey is taking it's possible future in the EU very seriously. :rofl

True dat!

Yes, among other things

The difference, as I see it, is that he is part of the core political philosophy rather than just acting as a useful idiot for it.

Erdogan is a confusing character. Turkey's democracy resembles that of a European one now more than it ever did before. It's still too early, but his political philosophy, whatever that might be, is not something commonplace in Hamas.

True dat!

Yep, highly disturbing, highly worrying, but true.

Erdogan is a confusing character. Turkey's democracy resembles that of a European one now more than it ever did before. It's still too early, but his political philosophy, whatever that might be, is not something commonplace in Hamas

I see Edrogensflirtation with democracy as lasting only so long as it serves him. After all, it was a democratic election that propelled Hamas to power, and I'm sure he is working the angle of using popular support for the agenda against those who are trying to keep Turkey secular.

Last edited:

Jews in Turkey are afraid, this is a fact but I wasn't talking about Jews, I was talking about the international relations between Israel and Turkey, Turkey is heading in a different direction if you like it or not, Israel should stop trying to reconcil, its clear that Turkey isn't interested.

Anyway, unfortunately this happens all over the world where Israel is a controversial topic of discussion in regards to her conflict, but a handful of those in Turkey who dislike Israel do not neccessarily represent the opinions of the entire country. Riots related to the Palestinian conflict happen all over Europe. Turkey is not a special case, neither does it confirm a shift to the East. Infact, i can recall a few incidents this year alone where riot police have clashed with Greeks outside of it Israel's Athens embassy. Infact, the UK saw a period of mass protests during the Gaza campaign, something Turkey has never seen on a large scale.

No this: YouTube - Israeli team flees to changing room in Turkey happened only in turkey, I don't care if a few palestinians are demonstrating in London, I never saw english or greek hunt down an Israeli sports team
Pini Balili, a soccer player who played in the Turkish league until last season, recieved death threats.
When a young girl from Israel won the world championship chess tournemant the Turks refused to play the Israeli national anthem.
Don't sell us crap, the Turks have made it clear more than once that we should go our seprate ways.

People are angry at each other, it happens during heated relations, and the AKP have contributed significantly to this **** storm.

Many people are angry at Turkey here too, I don't see mass croweds crying death to Turkey. Many Israelies would love to go back to the "Everything included" club hotels in Anatalya but Turkey crossed the line from friend to foe.

Strategically speaking, for Turkey to be able to present itself as a mediator that Iran finds acceptable and the West finds acceptable, is a very good move.
On the importance list, Peres falls pretty short.

Yes, thats just brelliant.
Thats how you treat a nobel prize winner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5FTp9OZhcc
and of course don't forget putting posters like this:
712573-5.jpg

and this is how you treat a dictator who denies the holocost:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CPN5KN7RJs

makes sense...

Last edited:
it is not Turkey, it is Erdogan admisintration . You cannot draw a conclusion after a conflict! The same Turks have helped the Jews in history. dont make people your enemies so easly at least for the ones who have helped you !

Jews in Turkey are afraid
you will not believe whatever i say here, so just read the remarks of the head of the jews in Turkey in order to understand whether the jews in Turkey are afraid as you claimed, or not, at which time i am sure you will get suprised .

Regards.

it is not Turkey, it is Erdogan admisintration . You cannot draw a conclusion after a conflict! The same Turks have helped the Jews in history. dont make people your enemies so easly at least for the ones who have helped you !

Those thousands of fans calling "Hell with Israel" or something like this don't seem like goverment officials to me. Anyways, I'm not saying the Turkish people are my enemies, I'm saying the state of Israel should stop making efforts to reconcil, present day Turkey will only keep humiliating us and incite hate to our nation. If and when the Turkish goverment will be intrested to reconcil we are here willing and ready.

you will not believe whatever i say here, so just read the remarks of the head of the jews in Turkey in order to understand whether the jews in Turkey are afraid as you claimed, or not, at which time i am sure you will get suprised .

Regards.

Mybe the Jewish community tells different stories to your media than ours, its understandable when people are affraid.

Jews in Turkey are afraid, this is a fact but I wasn't talking about Jews, I was talking about the international relations between Israel and Turkey, Turkey is heading in a different direction if you like it or not, Israel should stop trying to reconcil, its clear that Turkey isn't interested.

I disagree with you. Our Jew's are seen as Turks before they are seen as Jews. Anti-semetism in Turkey will see you end up in a Turkish prison, or worse, a military prison if you are doing national service. Never has our government (nor would they ever be able to) neglect the voice of the Jewish community in Turkey, nor have they ever been negligent about there rights or security. Under our roof, they are our citizens, our people, and are subject to our rights and laws. They may feel afraid by a minority of radical Islamists in Turkey who are taking advantage of this very volatile situation - as they do in every nation to hurt Jew's.

No this: YouTube - Israeli team flees to changing room in Turkey happened only in turkey, I don't care if a few palestinians are demonstrating in London, I never saw english or greek hunt down an Israeli sports team

Considering the direction relations have taken recently, it is expected to see these channels of diplomacy to be protested by some (emphasis on some). Why are you paticularly shocked? If this happened in the Middle East, the police wouldn't even bother - hell, the sports team wouldn't even be invited. The police used force against the protestors to protect the Israeli volleyball team and significant amounts of charges where bought against the illegal protestors. The CHP which represents a growing portion of Turkish society (now with the fresh face of CHP leader kilicdaroglu) favours better relations with Turkey and less hormone fuelled rhetoric, and many here would agree.

Pini Balili, a soccer player who played in the Turkish league until last season, recieved death threats.
When a young girl from Israel won the world championship chess tournemant the Turks refused to play the Israeli national anthem.
Don't sell us crap, the Turks have made it clear more than once that we should go our seprate ways.

Dont sell you crap? I'm telling you the truth. Take it or leave it.
Considering the attack against the Mavi mamara and the overtly large force used by Israel during the Gaza campaign, its no wonder it has hurt relations and caused huge anger in the Turkish public.

Many people are angry at Turkey here too, I don't see mass croweds crying death to Turkey. Many Israelies would love to go back to the "Everything included" club hotels in Anatalya but Turkey crossed the line from friend to foe.

Israeli protestors have been good at supporting terrorism themselves. Things like free Kurdistan and calling the country one of knives and blood is just as provocative. Had Turkey have sent its TAF warships with the aid flotilla, and we ended up with a handful of dead Israeli squadrons, then yes, they would be chanting that.

Israelis protest Turkey, flotilla

Thats how you treat a nobel prize winner: YouTube - Erdogan and Peres - Turkish Prime Minister slap on Israeli President
712573-5.jpg

I'm sorry, i saw a Britain for Nazism poster the other day in the subway. What's your point?
And stop this pathetic whiney ass nobel prize BS will you? He doesn't gain credits for that.

YouTube - Ahmadinejad in Istanbul

makes sense...

Dictator? Try and engage in intelligent debate without nonsensical claims please, if you can.

I disagree with you. Our Jew's are seen as Turks before they are seen as Jews. Anti-semetism in Turkey will see you end up in a Turkish prison, or worse, a military prison if you are doing national service. Never has our government (nor would they ever be able to) neglect the voice of the Jewish community in Turkey, nor have they ever been negligent about there rights or security. Under our roof, they are our citizens, our people, and are subject to our rights and laws. They may feel afraid by a minority of radical Islamists in Turkey who are taking advantage of this very volatile situation - as they do in every nation to hurt Jew's.

Considering the direction relations have taken recently, it is expected to see these channels of diplomacy to be protested by some (emphasis on some). Why are you paticularly shocked? If this happened in the Middle East, the police wouldn't even bother - hell, the sports team wouldn't even be invited. The police used force against the protestors to protect the Israeli volleyball team and significant amounts of charges where bought against the illegal protestors. The CHP which represents a growing portion of Turkish society (now with the fresh face of CHP leader kilicdaroglu) favours better relations with Turkey and less hormone fuelled rhetoric, and many here would agree.

Considering the attack against the Mavi mamara and the overtly large force used by Israel during the Gaza campaign, its no wonder it has hurt relations and caused huge anger in the Turkish public.

Israeli protestors have been good at supporting terrorism themselves. Things like "free Kurdistan" has an obvious connotation to it, since the PKK uses the exact same phrase to suggest Turkey is some kind of occupier and to justify its war against innocent civilians. And calling the country one of knives and blood is just as provocative. Had Turkey had sent its TAF warships with the aid flotilla, and we ended up with a handful of dead Israeli squadrons, then yes, they would be chanting that and i believe it would have been there right to.

Israelis protest Turkey, flotilla

Thats how you treat a nobel prize winner: YouTube - Erdogan and Peres - Turkish Prime Minister slap on Israeli President
712573-5.jpg

I'm sorry, i saw a Britain for Nazism poster the other day in the subway. What's your point?
And stop this pathetic whiney ass nobel prize BS will you? He doesn't gain credits for that.

YouTube - Ahmadinejad in Istanbul

makes sense...

Dictator? Try and engage in intelligent debate without nonsensical claims please, if you can.

Last edited:
I see Edrogensflirtation with democracy as lasting only so long as it serves him. After all, it was a democratic election that propelled Hamas to power, and I'm sure he is working the angle of using popular support for the agenda against those who are trying to keep Turkey secular.

That would make sense only Hamas has been backpeddling there nation since there election, and Erdogan has been doing what the Kemalists should have done in terms of Democracy and peddling us, as many outside observers would say, ahead, in a democratic respect.

Foreign policy wise they have been disastrous for us.

Fine, these are all made up:
Immigrating out of fear - Israel Jewish Scene, Ynetnews
Turkish Jews fearful of anti-Semitism after Gaza - Israel Jewish Scene, Ynetnews
'Scared to be identified as Jews' - Israel Jewish Scene, Ynetnews

Should the police get a medal for doing their job? This is evident that the anti-Israeli theme in Turkey is not on the goverment level only.

Considering that the attack on the Marmara took place about a year after this riot and after all the other cases I've brought here, I can't see its relevance to the Turks' anger in those examples

Israeli protestors have been good at supporting terrorism themselves. Things like "free Kurdistan" has an obvious connotation to it, since the PKK uses the exact same phrase to suggest Turkey is some kind of occupier and to justify its war against innocent civilians. And calling the country one of knives and blood is just as provocative. Had Turkey had sent its TAF warships with the aid flotilla, and we ended up with a handful of dead Israeli squadrons, then yes, they would be chanting that and i believe it would have been there right to.Israelis protest Turkey, flotilla

And it took an attack on a basketball team, mass demonstrations with crouds crying "death to Israel" the chess incedent, two anti-Israeli TV shows and one Mavi Marmara provoketion to take a small group of Israelies out to the street.

Two wrongs don't make a right. My point is Turkey aren't interested in reconcliliation and Israel should stop making efforts to reconcil

Sorry, is homophobic anti-semic maniac who oppresses his own people better ?
Ain't arresting your opposition and suppressing mass demonstrations against the goverment by deadly force are the actions of a dictator?

Last edited:

I didn't say that. The Jews fear is understandable. Those in Turkey who wish to seek the destruction of Turkey-Israel ties are coming out, and they are anti-semetic and radical bigots mainly from the East of Turkey. For that reason it is understandable they feel threatened, but there security under our government is gaurenteed regardless and so is there citizenship and acceptance among others in Turkey.

Should the police get a medal for doing their job? This is evident that the anti-Israeli theme in Turkey is not on the goverment level only.

No, i am pointing to the fact that anti-semetism is only on a small scale in Turkish society as it is everywhere. Much of our population (Western Turkey, Istanbul areas) have always supported strong ties with Israel, especially those in area's who rely heavily on tourism and welcome thousands of Israeli's on a yearly bases.

Considering that the attack on the Marmara took place about a year after this riot and after all the other cases I've brought here, I can't see its relevance to the Turks' anger in those examples

I was referring in general, that anger was likely being thrown at Israel because of the Gaza raid. Agencies like the UN, BBC and other European news outlets publicized it hugely, mainly in a negative and pro-Palestinian light. That has been my experience, and with the added hand of Erdogan stirring the big tea cup, its no wonder tensions have become what they are.

And it took an attack on a basketball team, mass demonstrations with crouds crying "death to Israel" the chess incedent, two anti-Israeli TV shows and one Mavi Marmara provoketion to take a small group of Israelies out to the street.

Firstly, you make out our TV shows are created by the government.
Kurtlar vadisi is and always has been a highly controversial programme in Turkey that has stirred more than a few emotions in the past. It is no wonder they where the first to do what they done. However, believe it or not, we do not prevent the airring of a programme just because it is political (and fictional). And i can name more than a few examples in the past.

Two wrongs don't make a right. My point is Turkey aren't interested in reconcliliation and Israel should stop making efforts to reconcil

My point is, using a stupid poster made on MS paint doesn't signify anything.

Sorry, is homophobic anti-semic maniac who oppresses his own people better ?
Ain't arresting your opposition and suppressing mass demonstrations against the goverment by deadly force are the actions of a dictator?

Homophobic and anti-semetic. Supression of demonstrations.

This is what happens when you read YNet news. :roll:

Last year's gay protest in Turkey:

Activists protest Turkish minister's remarks about gays - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Mass protest over AKP health policies

English :: Thousands of People Protested AKP's Health Politics - Bianet

Protest by Kurdish BDP party

BDP protests AKP with handcuffs - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Mass protest against AKP in 2008

ekathimerini.com | Thousands of Turks stage protest against ruling party

Im sorry, but you didn't just use the anti-semetic card because he is against Israeli policies, did you?

I didn't say that. The Jews fear is understandable. Those in Turkey who wish to seek the destruction of Turkey-Israel ties are coming out, and they are anti-semetic and radical bigots mainly from the East of Turkey. For that reason it is understandable they feel threatened, but there security under our government is gaurenteed regardless and so is there citizenship and acceptance among others in Turkey.
I never doubted that for a second, but the Jews' fear can tell us how the wind is blowing in the Turkish public these days, they wouldn't be afraid if it was just a minor outline of the Turkish public

No, i am pointing to the fact that anti-semetism is only on a small scale in Turkish society as it is everywhere. Much of our population (Western Turkey, Istanbul areas) have always supported strong ties with Israel, especially those in area's who rely heavily on tourism and welcome thousands of Israeli's on a yearly bases.
We were talking about anti-Israeli sentiments when we discussed those movies, not antisemic. Relationship between Israel and Turkey have been great but only few will dare tour Turkey these days. The Turkish goverment managed to destroy this relationship in one and a half year. Many countries had demonstrations and cirticised Israel after the Gaza war, including Greece, how come it is that last Summer Greece was more popular attraction than Turkey? Its not the low cost vacations, thats for sure, I haven't seen any deterioration in Israel's international relations with any other country in the world besides Turkey after the war, and Turkey was one of Israel's closest friends, imagine that, watching over the news thousands of Turks, whom you considered allies, parade yelling death to Israel followed by a mob trying to beat up an Israeli basketball team few weeks later crying the same slogans.

I was referring in general, that anger was likely being thrown at Israel because of the Gaza raid. Agencies like the UN, BBC and other European news outlets publicized it hugely, mainly in a negative and pro-Palestinian light. That has been my experience, and with the added hand of Erdogan stirring the big tea cup, its no wonder tensions have become what they are.

It was mostly the hand of Erdogan.

Firstly, you make out our TV shows are created by the government.

I don't believe I did

Kurtlar vadisi is and always has been a highly controversial programme in Turkey that has stirred more than a few emotions in the past. It is no wonder they where the first to do what they done. However, believe it or not, we do not prevent the airring of a programme just because it is political (and fictional). And i can name more than a few examples in the past.

And again, imagine it from the other side. As you said, Israelies regarded Turkey as a close friend, we just felt humiliated and outraged. How do you think Erdogan's administration would react to an Israeli show showing Turkish soldiers shooting a Kurdish baby in the head? Is this what you'd expect to see aired in a close friend?

My point is, using a stupid poster made on MS paint doesn't signify anything.

This is not a small poster, this was a 50 meter sign that was shown in the initiation of an interchange held by two cranes, it was created by the goverment. I believe the sign said "Erdogan, a leader the world bows for"
090.jpg

Homophobic and anti-semetic. Supression of demonstrations.

This is what happens when you read YNet news. :roll:

Last year's gay protest in Turkey:

Activists protest Turkish minister's remarks about gays - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Mass protest over AKP health policies

English :: Thousands of People Protested AKP's Health Politics - Bianet

Protest by Kurdish BDP party

BDP protests AKP with handcuffs - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Mass protest against AKP in 2008

ekathimerini.com | Thousands of Turks stage protest against ruling party

Im sorry, but you didn't just use the anti-semetic card because he is against Israeli policies, did you?

What the hell are all of those has to do with the fact that Ahmadinijad is a antisemite homophobic who suppressed the opposition in his own country?

Back
Top Bottom