• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Turkish anger as German MPs prepare to vote on Armenian genocide

Re: German MPs recognise Armenian 'genocide' amid Turkish fury

Weird timing indeed. I wonder what the Germans are scheming. Perhaps they feel it's time for the stick to make its appearance after the unsatisfactory performance of the carrot.

One can't really blame Medusa for her stance, she's been subjected to a national brainwashing campaign that started way before she was even born.

Most Turks share that predicament.

Many Turks that have lived in Germany for decades (heck, some even born German) that had access to objective historical accounts not available in Turkey, share the same predicament.

A Member of German Parliament that has Turkish roots has been bombarded with hate mails by the very same people, calling him a traitor to Turkishness (upon his pro-resolution stance becoming known).

"Traitor to Turkishness"?

Well that doesn't sound frothing at the mouth nationalist rage-y at all:roll:

But yeah that makes sense.

"Traitor to Turkishness"?

Well that doesn't sound frothing at the mouth nationalist rage-y at all:roll:

But yeah that makes sense.
To lunatics any lunacy will :mrgreen:

To lunatics any lunacy will :mrgreen:

They are so caught up in ethnicity, so called honor, that they are - have been persecuted and treated unfairly by the West, to a school system that propagates the lies, to a political system that is and has been corrupted, to hate for minorities, treating them as 2nd class citizens. Yep they are well into denial and I do not see that changing in the next (few) generations.

we never burned anyone.Holocaust is their own crime

So the manner of death divides horror from routine warfare?

Chagos has a good point. All nations [races] have had their day in atrocities, Canada is no different in the way we treated natives. However, some nations are taking measures to take responsibility for the horrors of the past. South Africa went through a truth and reconcile commission as did Canada. These are deliberate moves taken to heal the past.

We have learned that pointing a finger at others nations with the attitude they were far worse simply does nothing more than rub salt into the wound in your own country. And from what I have learned, Turkey needs to look inward before they start condemning anyone

Looks like there is no beginning of a great "friendship":roll: .

The resolution passed the German parliament today (not unexpectedly) so now one will have to see what Turkish "stoutness" is made of.

Turkish anger as German MPs prepare to vote on Armenian genocide | World news | The Guardian

Hopefully this means Germany is finally taking a stand against Erdogan after the humiliating way that Merkel handled the situation with Jan Böhmermann.

But Erdogan has a gentle ego and if Turkey is no longer willing to hold back the tide of migrants in response then what does Europe do......

Funny there is no such initiative concerning the French crimes against humanity in Algeria.
in fact, while on the trail of going completely OT, why not address the Aztecs' disgusting habit of eating anyone from the tribes they conquered? :roll:

Weird timing indeed. I wonder what the Germans are scheming. Perhaps they feel it's time for the stick to make its appearance after the unsatisfactory performance of the carrot.
Today was simply the final reading and as such a mere coincidence. Whole thing has been around in motions for ages but due process took its usual time.

Interestingly (from all I can find) the US has never officially condemned this. That's not to deflect from the fact that 44 of the US states have by now done it all on their own.

Hopefully this means Germany is finally taking a stand against Erdogan after the humiliating way that Merkel handled the situation with Jan Böhmermann..
See post #35.

But Erdogan has a gentle ego and if Turkey is no longer willing to hold back the tide of migrants in response then what does Europe do.....
Why, dump the whole problem back on Italy and Greece, of course. As before.

Interestingly (from all I can find) the US has never officially condemned this. That's not to deflect from the fact that 44 of the US states have by now done it all on their own.

Neither have the Israelis, which I find really weird.

we never burned anyone.Holocaust is their own crime

Strange, you're the biggest critic of 'empire ' as long as it's not atrocities by Turkey, it seems.

Bosnian muslims and native americans are always ignored but not surprising!.

Strange, I'm sure I put my neck on the line in Sarajevo, for Muslim population.

Neither have the Israelis, which I find really weird.
When you're already dwelling in a frying pan, it's not advisable to stoke any fire :mrgreen:

"Israel is a small country in a hostile neighborhood that can't afford to antagonize the few friends it has in the region. Even more powerful states refuse to employ the 'genocide' term for fear of alienating Turkey...." Second, Israel shares a "budding friendship" with Azerbaijan, a "Shiite Muslim but moderate country bordering Iran" that also strongly opposes recognition

Why Israel still refuses to recognize a century-old genocide | The Times of Israel

Strange, I'm sure I put my neck on the line in Sarajevo, for Muslim population.
Medusa isn't really up to this. Quite apart from her command of English fluctuating at times, her persistent pointing of fingers at everyone else the minute her country is criticized, is the Pavlovian reflex that comes with being brainwashed a lifetime long. That isn't so much her, personally, as it is a reflection of Turkishness in general. Most Turks share the predicament.

But this topic is not about THEM, it's about Armenians and what Turks did to them.

Looks like there is no beginning of a great "friendship":roll: .

The resolution passed the German parliament today (not unexpectedly) so now one will have to see what Turkish "stoutness" is made of.

Turkish anger as German MPs prepare to vote on Armenian genocide | World news | The Guardian

It doesn't matter. Turkey has Europe by the balls. They supported the mass migration in the beginning and are now figuring out it wasn't a great idea so they are trying to cut it off at Turkey. Now Turkey is free to extort billions of dollars from Europe, as well as getting no-visa traveling privileges and there's nothing Europe can do about it.

It doesn't matter. Turkey has Europe by the balls. They supported the mass migration in the beginning and are now figuring out it wasn't a great idea so they are trying to cut it off at Turkey. Now Turkey is free to extort billions of dollars from Europe, as well as getting no-visa traveling privileges and there's nothing Europe can do about it.
I think you may want to keep up more.

Turkey is making itself look really bad by protesting this. Lots of countries have committed atrocities in the past against entire groups of people. Germany certainly. My own country of the US. But both the US and Germany have at least acknowledged the evil of what they did. When you adamantly ignore your own countries historical evils you look as though you didn't learn from it.

Lol...just this? There are plenty of things to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom