• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Turkey welcomes Russian oligarchs

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Obviously, Russia's mega rich does have places to "visit". I wonder if Turkish citizenships may be offered? :unsure:

1648325506957.png
"If Russian oligarchs ... or any Russian citizens want to visit Turkey of course they can," Cavusoglu said in response to a question at the Doha Forum international conference.

"If you mean whether these oligarchs can do any business in Turkey, then of course if it is legal and not against international law, I will consider it," he said, adding: "If it is against international law then that is another story."

Two superyachts linked to Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich have docked in Turkish resorts.

Obviously, Russia's mega rich does have places to "visit". I wonder if Turkish citizenships may be offered? :unsure:

View attachment 67382279
"If Russian oligarchs ... or any Russian citizens want to visit Turkey of course they can," Cavusoglu said in response to a question at the Doha Forum international conference.

"If you mean whether these oligarchs can do any business in Turkey, then of course if it is legal and not against international law, I will consider it," he said, adding: "If it is against international law then that is another story."

Two superyachts linked to Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich have docked in Turkish resorts.
Time for Turkey to face some consequences.

Yes, is time we show them our way.

The situation for Erdogan is complex. The average Turkish person could care less for the war, what they care about is the money in their pocket.

If the Russians decide to cut the gas, Erdogan can be gone in a matter of weeks.

Now I know good, right? Of course, it can lead to an amazing democracy or it can lead to a chaotic NATO country with regions inside Turkey fighting each other.

Yet another thread to smear the NATO alliance on a daily basis. An alliance that without its help the Ukrainians would be taken over within 1 week.

Read about the Bayraktar Turkish drones -> you will understand how much under the circumstances Turkey did for Ukraine. These drones provide an amazing strategic advantage to Ukrainians. They even invented a song about it.

Last edited:
Didn’t Abramovich already lose one yacht in Scandinavia earlier this year?

Why dont you sanction the entirety of the Middle East while you're at it, since Russian "oligarchs" seem to be migrating there in droves

That’d be a first 🙄 Funny how said consequences were nowhere to appear when they sponsored Aliyev’s war of aggression against Armenia.

Yes, is time we show them our way.

The situation for Erdogan is complex. The average Turkish person could care less for the war, what they care about is the money in their pocket.

If the Russians decide to cut the gas, Erdogan can be gone in a matter of weeks.

Now I know good, right? Of course, it can lead to an amazing democracy or it can lead to a chaotic NATO country with regions inside Turkey fighting each other.

Yet another thread to smear the NATO alliance on a daily basis. An alliance that without its help the Ukrainians would be taken over within 1 week.

Read about the Bayraktar Turkish drones -> you will understand how much under the circumstances Turkey did for Ukraine. These drones provide an amazing strategic advantage to Ukrainians. They even invented a song about it.

Erdogan Is a criminal and and hates us with a passion. I say we give him the same treatment and kick turkey outta nato.

Back
Top Bottom