• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

DDD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
ANKARA, Turkey – Turkey will take retaliatory steps against Syria for the downing of one of its military jets, President Abdullah Gul said Saturday, even as he suggested that the aircraft may have violated Syrian airspace.

Read more: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane | Fox News - <snip>

Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane | Fox News

The issue goes to NATO:

Turkey goes to Nato over plane it says Syria downed in international airspace | World news | theguardian.com

Turkey hardens military position after Syria downs jet - CNN.com

Then a plane is intercepted and blocked because it was carrying ammunition. Turikye's intelligence got the "tip" that it was going to have ammunition by someone. Wonder who was it after the NATO meeting? Anyone?

Turkey: Syrian plane was carrying ammunition

BBC is more neutral:

BBC News - Turkey's munitions claim on Syria plane 'lies' - Damascus

RT says yes there were weapons, what of it? It is legal, we are sending radar to Syria that we defend legally (for it to continue killing civilians - DDD):

No weapons on Syrian plane grounded by Turkey ? Lavrov ? RT News

China says "Nah it was ammunition"

Syrian plane carrying munitions: Turkey - China.org.cn

So how about it? Ammo or not, Turkiye is engaging while USA is negotiating with Assad about chems.

Is it a build up for an upcoming event? Or something that needs to be silenced so as to evade an upcoming event?

Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane | Fox News

The issue goes to NATO:

Turkey goes to Nato over plane it says Syria downed in international airspace | World news | theguardian.com

Then a plane is intercepted and blocked because it was carrying ammunition. Turikye's intelligence got the "tip" that it was going to have ammunition by someone. Wonder who was it after the NATO meeting? Anyone?

BBC is more neutral:

RT says yes there were weapons, what of it? It is legal, we are sending radar to Syria that we defend legally (for it to continue killing civilians - DDD):

So how about it? Ammo or not, Turkiye is engaging while USA is negotiating with Assad about chems.

Is it a build up for an upcoming event? Or something that needs to be silenced so as to evade an upcoming event?

Jeez...will this madness never stop!!!!:shoot

I think Turkiye is being punished for allying with NATO in the ordeal. They killed a jet cause now Assad has Russia.

I do sympathise with Turkey...taking in all those refugees...and have helped the West on numerous occasions and are now caught in the West's decision not to use military action on Assad because of Russia...who have made it quite clear should the USA intervene in Syria..Russia would have to protect it's ally...probably starting world war 3!!

Tell me...can you really trust a country that has chemical weapons and according to some..have used them to kill children?

Or Putin???

I do sympathise with Turkey...taking in all those refugees...and have helped the West on numerous occasions and are now caught in the West's decision not to use military action on Assad because of Russia...who have made it quite clear should the USA intervene in Syria..Russia would have to protect it's ally...probably starting world war 3!!

Tell me...can you really trust a country that has chemical weapons and according to some..have used them to kill children?

Or Putin???

Me?! Trusting people whom are used to mass murder?! You kidding?!

Nah, no way! Why do you ask?

Me?! Trusting people whom are used to mass murder?! You kidding?!

Nah, no way! Why do you ask?

It was meant to be a sarcastic post!!

Russians...''we will deal with it otherwise the West gets it!!''

Anyway, did anyone found it particularly interesting for China to be on the right side?

The issue goes to NATO:

BBC is more neutral:

Needs to be silenced to avoid hostilities. You know the adult thing. What we all were taught on the school yard but seem to forget when we grow up.

The issue goes to NATO:

BBC is more neutral:

Deleted

Or Putin???

"According to some"

Meh.
shrug.gif
The Turks have been helping the Rebel/Terrorists since the beginning. Plus they are housing the SNC and FSA Command. Have US troops there to help with Patriot Missiles. What do you think the Turks get out of this?

Wonder what would happen if the Russians just sent in a Hit team inside Turkey and they took out the Rebels/Terrorists. Their Command and the SNC. Then got on Worldwide Television stated they acted in such a way as Terrorists were gaining weapons, used Chems, and had infiltrated the protestors in Syria. That the terrorists were about to gain control of a Country. So therefore we acted and killed the terrorists. Doing no damage to Turkey and its people whatsoever. Just killing the terrorists, in which our troops suffered wounded and were killed in the attack as well. Yet we are happy to report NOT One of the Terrorists escaped.

Furthermore in speaking with President Assad we have filed for Negotiated Peace Talks within the UN.....to take place with President Assad and the Leaders of the actual protesters inside Syria. Minus the MB and Al Nusra.

Not that the Russians will go by such a scenario. But if they did. What could Turkey or the West do? IMO.....not a damn thing.

Meh.
shrug.gif
The Turks have been helping the Rebel/Terrorists since the beginning. Plus they are housing the SNC and FSA Command. Have US troops there to help with Patriot Missiles. What do you think the Turks get out of this?

Wonder what would happen if the Russians just sent in a Hit team inside Turkey and they took out the Rebels/Terrorists. Their Command and the SNC. Then got on Worldwide Television stated they acted in such a way as Terrorists were gaining weapons, used Chems, and had infiltrated the protestors in Syria. That the terrorists were about to gain control of a Country. So therefore we acted and killed the terrorists. Doing no damage to Turkey and its people whatsoever. Just killing the terrorists, in which our troops suffered wounded and were killed in the attack as well. Yet we are happy to report NOT One of the Terrorists escaped.

Furthermore in speaking with President Assad we have filed for Negotiated Peace Talks within the UN.....to take place with President Assad and the Leaders of the actual protesters inside Syria. Minus the MB and Al Nusra.

Not that the Russians will go by such a scenario. But if they did. What could Turkey or the West do? IMO.....not a damn thing.

Yes, Russia should be able to do just as you described in your hypothetical and it be fine. But of course we know that we're that to happen there would be a western spin on it.

I was quoting from your post, you explain.

No..you didn't quote from my post..''according to some'' was the piece of my post that you homed in on..without explaination!

No..you didn't quote from my post..''according to some'' was the piece of my post that you homed in on..without explaination!

It's in quotations because it came from your post. And so then, according to others, its not true.

It's in quotations because it came from your post. And so then, according to others, its not true.

How many more ballbusters are on this forum??

And that has what to do with anything?

Listen to me..are you listening?

You took a small part of my post..Highlighted it..and then gave no explaination of your point of view concerning the said post and then became slightly abusive...

My crystal ball is not working today..so if you have had a flashback to the sixties..I can wait until I have a sensible post from you..

Take your time....

Aha, well if that's true, then the field is level.

As soon as the Turkish government turns into a murderous regime and gasses the capital.

The presumption of 'all else being equal', inherent in that statement, is absurd.

Listen to me..are you listening?

You took a small part of my post..Highlighted it..and then gave no explaination of your point of view concerning the said post and then became slightly abusive...

My crystal ball is not working today..so if you have had a flashback to the sixties..I can wait until I have a sensible post from you..

Take your time....

Abusive? You are the one with a sharp tongue. But I don't really care about that. It's clear, no crystal ball is even needed. You say some people claim president Assad gassed children, I said others deny it.

Abusive? You are the one with a sharp tongue. But I don't really care about that. It's clear, no crystal ball is even needed. You say some people claim president Assad gassed children, I said others deny it.

Ok we've broken the ice..who do you think is using chemical weapons against the Syrian people??

Back
Top Bottom