• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Turkey Istanbul: Explosions and gunfire rock Ataturk airport

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
At least two explosions and gunfire have rocked Istanbul's Ataturk airport, with reports of "multiple" people injured.

Gunfire was directed from an airport car park, according to a witness quoted by Reuters news agency.

Taxis were ferrying wounded people from the airport, the witness added.

In December, a blast on the tarmac at a different Istanbul airport, Sabiha Gokcen, killed a cleaner.

Turkey Istanbul: Explosions and gunfire rock Ataturk airport - BBC News

Early reports suggest suicide bombers, similar to the Brussels airport attack.

Thoughts? Comments?

At least two explosions and gunfire have rocked Istanbul's Ataturk airport, with reports of "multiple" people injured.

Gunfire was directed from an airport car park, according to a witness quoted by Reuters news agency.

Taxis were ferrying wounded people from the airport, the witness added.

In December, a blast on the tarmac at a different Istanbul airport, Sabiha Gokcen, killed a cleaner.

Turkey Istanbul: Explosions and gunfire rock Ataturk airport - BBC News

Early reports suggest suicide bombers, similar to the Brussels airport attack.

Thoughts? Comments?

Anyone claiming it?

Most news outlets are claiming Isis. I don't think they've tipped their hat yet.

That figures. I wish the Turks hadn't gotten so close to this crap. It's supposed to be a very nice place, but of course now...

That figures. I wish the Turks hadn't gotten so close to this crap. It's supposed to be a very nice place, but of course now...

From what I've heard, it would have been a great vacation spot some years back. Nowadays I wouldn't travel there under any circumstances.

From what I've heard, it would have been a great vacation spot some years back. Nowadays I wouldn't travel there under any circumstances.

Yeah, Lebanon used to be that way too, until the 80s war. Lebanon was, the Mid East vacation spot for generations.

Turkey is supposed to have been at any rate, compared to now, the beacon of a good balance between east and west. As was Lebanon.

Yeah, Lebanon used to be that way too, until the 80s war. Lebanon was, the Mid East vacation spot for generations.

Turkey is supposed to have been at any rate, compared to now, the beacon of a good balance between east and west. As was Lebanon.

Beirut would have been a cool city to see, hard to think of a time when Lebanon was a major tourist destination now, isn't it? Artists and actors used to hang out there.

The world seems to be becoming militant, which in turn drives others towards extremism as a way to shield one's self.

Beirut would have been a cool city to see, hard to think of a time when Lebanon was a major tourist destination now, isn't it? Artists and actors used to hang out there.

The world seems to be becoming militant, which in turn drives others towards extremism as a way to shield one's self.

I have a lot of friends from there: Druz Muslims and Maranite Christians. They all split during the war. Syria planted Hamas over there and ever sense... I'd to go. The word "Lebanon" means white mountains: you can ski in the morning and in a couples of hours be on the sandy beaches.

But of course now, it's a rocky place to go.

Back
Top Bottom