• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Turkey hit 3,000 targets, killed 1,300 ISIL militants

treehouse

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Turkish Armed Forces have killed around 1,300 Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) militants in Syria and Iraq since clashes began there, Turkish Chief of Staff Gen. Hulusi Akar has stated...

“The Turkish Armed Forces have killed almost 1,300 Daesh terrorists in Syria and Iraq and destroyed a great number of weapons, rockets, weapon caches, vehicles, and buildings,” Akar said in an address to the 10th Conference of Balkan Countries’ Chiefs of General Staff in Istanbul on May 11.

“The Republic of Turkey sees Daesh as a terrorist organization; this was made clear in 2013,” Akar said, adding that ISIL did not represent Islam or Muslims.

Turkey hit 3,000 targets, killed 1,300 ISIL militants - LOCAL

No ethnic cleansing, no war crimes, no support for terrorism in Syria; only fight against ISIL.

Can we say the same for the USA acting with PKK?

No ethnic cleansing, no war crimes, no support for terrorism in Syria; only fight against ISIL.

Read the article and it left me wanting. Why would the U.S. attack the PKK in Syria? We don't have a beef with the Kurds. That's Turkey's problem and they don't really get much sympathy from me. The Kurds were screwed out of having a country for their people when western powers drew up the countries.

As far as what Turkey has done against ISIS? I find it hard to believe, especially considering how they have worked together in the past.

With Erdogan imprisoning and expelling many journalists over the past few weeks, why should I believe this garbage story?

That's more than two targets a kill.

It does not mean to shoot for killing. There are also storages, buildings etc.

Last edited:
Read the article and it left me wanting. Why would the U.S. attack the PKK in Syria? We don't have a beef with the Kurds. That's Turkey's problem and they don't really get much sympathy from me. The Kurds were screwed out of having a country for their people when western powers drew up the countries.

As far as what Turkey has done against ISIS? I find it hard to believe, especially considering how they have worked together in the past.

The same USA describes the PKK as terroists after deadly attacks in Turkey which is a NATO member. At the same time, the PKK finances its attacks with drug and human smuggling money. However, USA supports PKK with air-dropped weapons, training etc, and PKK uses those weapons in Turkey for terror attack. This is against ATT signed by USA and article 18 of Vienna convention, also treachery in NATO.

What is the difference between ISIL and PKK and USA? Would you please explain?

P.S: Turkey has bought many missiles from USA recently, this alone confirms the news.

Last edited:
Wonder how many civilians were caught up in all of that.

What's our beef with the PKK now?

Acc. to The United States Secretary of Defence Ashton Carter there is a link between PYD-YPG and PKK. Ashton Carter admits PYD and PKK link in testimony.

Acc. to The United States Secretary of Defence Ashton Carter there is a link between PYD-YPG and PKK. Ashton Carter admits PYD and PKK link in testimony.

And they're attacking America proper?

So I guess you missed all the bombing Turkey has done on the PKK whilst pretending to fight ISIL.

TURKISH PRESIDENT IGNORES ISIS, STOKES CIVIL WAR WITH KURDS

SINCE TURKEY JOINED THE U.S.-LED COALITION to fight ISIS, its military actions have struck far more Kurdish Workers Party (PKK) targets than ISIS targets, leading many to suspect that the government is using ISIS as an excuse to reignite the civil war against the PKK and intimidate the Kurdish population.

Critics argue, further, that Turkey’s failures to combat ISIS are calculated, given the Islamic State’s repeated attacks on Kurdish targets, such as the Suruc bombing last July and the Ankara bombing last month.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan escalated his anti-PKK rhetoric last week, saying on Wednesday, “Turkey will continue its fight against Kurdish insurgents until every last militant is liquidated,” in his first major presidential address since his Justice and Development Party (AKP) won reelection on November 1. The announcement led to an almost immediate end to a monthlong ceasefire, igniting deadly clashes that have killed almost 200 since last week alone.​

So I guess you missed all the bombing Turkey has done on the PKK whilst pretending to fight ISIL.

SINCE TURKEY JOINED THE U.S.-LED COALITION to fight ISIS, its military actions have struck far more Kurdish Workers Party (PKK) targets than ISIS targets, leading many to suspect that the government is using ISIS as an excuse to reignite the civil war against the PKK and intimidate the Kurdish population.

Critics argue, further, that Turkey’s failures to combat ISIS are calculated, given the Islamic State’s repeated attacks on Kurdish targets, such as the Suruc bombing last July and the Ankara bombing last month.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan escalated his anti-PKK rhetoric last week, saying on Wednesday, “Turkey will continue its fight against Kurdish insurgents until every last militant is liquidated,” in his first major presidential address since his Justice and Development Party (AKP) won reelection on November 1. The announcement led to an almost immediate end to a monthlong ceasefire, igniting deadly clashes that have killed almost 200 since last week alone.​

Have you read the news, or at least the headline?

Those are numbers of operations in co-ordination with NATO, simply targeting ISIL; When you fail to see the difference between a society and a terrorist organisation, then you are saying Al-qaeda or ISIL has islamic roots, so that means every muslim is terrorist.

You are very smart.

... back to the question, What the difference is between ISIL, PKK and USA, and We can say USA has nothing to do with ethnic cleansing, war crimes, supporting terrorism in Syria?

Some other recent news demonstration what a paragon of altruism Turkey truly is:

Turkish border guards continue to shoot Syrian refugees, Human Rights Watch says

Turkey: Illegal mass returns of Syrian refugees expose fatal flaws in EU-Turkey deal - Amnesty International

Syrian refugee children forced into factory work in Turkey

If only the U.S. could be as virtuous as Turkey.

Sigh...

You are right, however, when you say that , you should also mention what USA, The EU are doing for better conditions for Syrian refugees.

USA is supporting ethnic cleansing of syrians, war crimes on syrians, terrorising syrians; while The EU is protesting for a tiny group of Syrian refugees, or beating to death, or sinking their tiny boats in Agean.

Dear friend, Are you honest with yourself?

I no longer believe ANY military statement from ANY country's military about ANYTHING.

They could say they are no longer serving turkey to their troops and I am not sure I would believe it.

Such is my level of distrust for all things governmental.

Turkish troops are shooting three-year-old refugees... Their war on ISIL is really hot!

Turkey still shooting at refugees as young as three, says Human Rights Watch

How many people have died, forced into immigration, jailed, beaten to death, died due to deliberatly sinked boats, raped due to the crimes of USA?

UN praises 'Turkish model' amid refugee crisis
'The UNHCR has never seen a country in the middle of crisis adopting a law managing asylum and migration'

]404 Not Found

Filippo Grandi, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, hailed the decision as courageous and a major step forward for refugees.

"Jobs mean dignity," he said, "a dignified life where you don't have to beg for money or to look for money from associations or the government. I think it is very big step."

But Fehmiye's granddaughters, Fehmiye and Fadia, both mothers of children, speak of frustration.

"Life here," Fadia said, "is eating, sleeping, waiting and no work."

UNHCR - High Commissioner welcomes Turkish work permits for Syrian refugees

We are talking about 2.5 Syrian refugees including kurds.

Do you have better story?

Last edited:

PKK is terrorist too!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom