• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Turkey has evidence that Israel was behind Egypt coup: Erdoğan

ido_

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
“This is what has been implemented in Egypt. Who is behind this? Israel. We have evidence,” the prime minister said, citing a meeting between a French intellectual and the Israeli justice minister in France before the 2011 elections.

Erdoğan said the intellectual was Jewish. “‘The Muslim Brotherhood will not be in power even if they win the elections. Because democracy is not the ballot box’: This is what he said at that time,” Erdoğan said.

POLITICS - Turkey has evidence that Israel was behind Egypt coup: Erdo

I'm wondering when Erdogan will uncover the secret recipe for mazza bread made by gentile children blood. :confused:
Well, as long as we apologized... :roll:

Erdogan was doing well. But too many years in power and I think he started over-reacting. His worse policy for me was a ban on alcohol! Such a decision there cost even me here on a feast! Not that I did not find a solution to counter it of course.

Oh finally!
It seemed strange to me that nobody had yet blamed Israel for that...

Wow, a nation slightly bigger than Ireland has the intelligence infrastructure to be behind literally every conceivable event in the world. That's putting their tax dollars to work!

Wow, a nation slightly bigger than Ireland has the intelligence infrastructure to be behind literally every conceivable event in the world. That's putting their tax dollars to work!

Well to be fair, Israel doesn't have to travel half way around the world like we do for Afghanistan to reach out and touch Egypt. ;)

And given the amount of money we give Israel as one of those 'handouts' so reviled by the Cons, it might very well be OUR tax dollars put to work.

Many Israeli apologists in here have gone to great lengths to vilify the MB, some have even left inna snit when we all didn't climb on board.

Many Mubarak apologists in here have gone to great lengths to justify a military strongman in Egypt instead of 'messy' democracy.

If ya buy the FEMA, Obama overreach theories then Israel pushing for a return to 'traditional' Egyptian politics, IE a military strongman, then this theory is a walk in the park... :peace

POLITICS - Turkey has evidence that Israel was behind Egypt coup: Erdo

I'm wondering when Erdogan will uncover the secret recipe for mazza bread made by gentile children blood. :confused:
Well, as long as we apologized... :roll:

Reading the headlines on the several news sites I frequent, I often see the odd one what would make me shake my head. This though, left me speechless. I knew Erdogan is past his prime, but I never knew it was this bad.

Israel is at fault for and Egyptian military action? Even if they were, is Erdogan really that bold to defend the asshole Morsi? My lord, what stupidity.

Well to be fair, Israel doesn't have to travel half way around the world like we do for Afghanistan to reach out and touch Egypt. ;)

And given the amount of money we give Israel as one of those 'handouts' so reviled by the Cons, it might very well be OUR tax dollars put to work.

Many Israeli apologists in here have gone to great lengths to vilify the MB, some have even left inna snit when we all didn't climb on board.

Many Mubarak apologists in here have gone to great lengths to justify a military strongman in Egypt instead of 'messy' democracy.

If ya buy the FEMA, Obama overreach theories then Israel pushing for a return to 'traditional' Egyptian politics, IE a military strongman, then this theory is a walk in the park... :peace

There we have it! Since Israel is close to a nation 10X it's size and did not like the government, it threatened the army to perform a coup or else.

Well if the same guy who declared israel pulled this one off also was the one who accused the "interest rate lobby" to create the demonstrations in Turkey and that Israel is committing genocide in Gaza, he must be someone progressives will take the word of without question.

Reading the headlines on the several news sites I frequent, I often see the odd one what would make me shake my head. This though, left me speechless. I knew Erdogan is past his prime, but I never knew it was this bad.

Israel is at fault for and Egyptian military action? Even if they were, is Erdogan really that bold to defend the asshole Morsi? My lord, what stupidity.

The anti-semite simply came out of the closet, world Jewry conspired together to bring down Morsi.
What I also find interesting is that a Politician in Turkey uses the same tactics the Arab world uses in order to gain favor in public opinion - blame Israel.
Just last week when Syrian rebels blew up a car bomb in Beirut, they called Nassralah an Israeli agent, and Nassralah in his turn said that Israel sent the rebels to commit the attack.

There we have it! Since Israel is close to a nation 10X it's size and did not like the government, it threatened the army to perform a coup or else. Well if the same guy who declared israel pulled this one off also was the one who accused the "interest rate lobby" to create the demonstrations in Turkey and that Israel is committing genocide in Gaza, he must be someone progressives will take the word of without question.

Attempting Limbaugh's 'Theater of the Absurd' isn't a good debate style. Who said take without question? Oh that's right, that was YOU!

But your 10X bigger excuse is laughable. It isn't the size of the dog in a fight but the size of the fight in a dog.

Little Israel with it's ragtag 'army' of mostly former terrorists and gangs fought off the combined forces of three British trained armies in '48. They have done that repeatedly- though not as spectacularly as in 1968. The Israelis carried out a commando raid in 1976 to free hostages deep in Africa. They also conducted around the world hunts for former Nazis and gave payback for the Munich massacre. Israel is given credit for a bomb attack on a high level Iranian scientist working on the nuclear program.

So it isn't outside the realm of possibility for Israel to have a far bigger subversion arm of it's secret services than we know of, nor out of question they can conduct missions in their neighbor's territories.

I can see Israel not threatening the Egyptian army but backing the general feeling of unease within the Egyptian army for the MB and it's threat to continued funding from the USofA. USofA Cons have been threatening to cut off aid ever since the MB won the elections. A sort of technical support and assistance mission.

Now when it comes to genocide in the Gaza- I guess that depends on your definition of genocide.

Attempting Limbaugh's 'Theater of the Absurd' isn't a good debate style. Who said take without question? Oh that's right, that was YOU!

But your 10X bigger excuse is laughable. It isn't the size of the dog in a fight but the size of the fight in a dog.

Little Israel with it's ragtag 'army' of mostly former terrorists and gangs fought off the combined forces of three British trained armies in '48. They have done that repeatedly- though not as spectacularly as in 1968. The Israelis carried out a commando raid in 1976 to free hostages deep in Africa. They also conducted around the world hunts for former Nazis and gave payback for the Munich massacre. Israel is given credit for a bomb attack on a high level Iranian scientist working on the nuclear program.

So it isn't outside the realm of possibility for Israel to have a far bigger subversion arm of it's secret services than we know of, nor out of question they can conduct missions in their neighbor's territories.

I can see Israel not threatening the Egyptian army but backing the general feeling of unease within the Egyptian army for the MB and it's threat to continued funding from the USofA. USofA Cons have been threatening to cut off aid ever since the MB won the elections. A sort of technical support and assistance mission.

Now when it comes to genocide in the Gaza- I guess that depends on your definition of genocide.

Forgive the lack of enthusiasm in embracing these accusations. It's just that the previous accusation from a UAE security chief that Israel was behind the Arab Spring leads to some confusion as to what Israels goals are exactly (maybe they just like ****ing around?) and they seem to be a damn sight more effective than the largest and most powerful nations in the world if we ascribe credibility to every accusation made against them since a single one may be plausible (google "Israel behind..." and see in how many interesting ways that sentence is concluded.

In the end the role you hypothesised is in fact Egypts military and the United States being behind Morsis downfall, with Israel acting as an intermediary that any number of Americas European allies or Arab partners could have filled if not the United States themselves.

Erdrogans weak evidence should be enough to ignore the notion of any extensive involvement other than monitoring the situation, but his motivation is clear in that if his military ever got the same notion his supporters would know who to blame.

Forgive the lack of enthusiasm in embracing these accusations. It's just that the previous accusation from a UAE security chief that Israel was behind the Arab Spring leads to some confusion as to what Israels goals are exactly (maybe they just like ****ing around?) and they seem to be a damn sight more effective than the largest and most powerful nations in the world if we ascribe credibility to every accusation made against them since a single one may be plausible (google "Israel behind..." and see in how many interesting ways that sentence is concluded. In the end the role you hypothesised is in fact Egypts military and the United States being behind Morsis downfall, with Israel acting as an intermediary that any number of Americas European allies or Arab partners could have filled if not the United States themselves. Erdrogans weak evidence should be enough to ignore the notion of any extensive involvement other than monitoring the situation, but his motivation is clear in that if his military ever got the same notion his supporters would know who to blame.

Oh I am not trying to convince you of anything, just the attempt to belittle it with oh small and weak Israel is compared to the Arab states is bogus. Israel has a much admire intelligence network and has been very effective far beyond it's size and across continents. It certainly wouldn't be the first time Israel acted as a go between, they didn't have to 'force' Egypt's military to do anything, simply tell them they have a green light and logistical support if needed, more than likely quite a few files on key MB leaders to share, a few templates and checklists to help marginalize the MB leadership.

I'd say Israel is far more important and influential in this as they share a border, many other nations can be onboard with toppling the MB, especially after the Constitution was up for grabs, but Israel is right there ready to assist where most of the other regional states can barely keep their populations in order, much less lend a hand.

You can go on the interwebz and find a conspiracy theory on just about anything. Using that as an excuse to then deny everything is as foolish as 90% of the conspiracies.

nowadays tayyip fears that he will have to face the same fate as morsi one day .l hope..this puppet has to play anti semite in political arena to get more popularity ,which will turn to more votes the next election

the reality is like this
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4408629,00.html

The defense export control division (SIBAT) in the Ministry of Defense revealed that defense equipment export has increased in the past year and reached an all-time high and amounted to $7.4 billion, in comparison to $5.8 billion in 2011.

Most arms and equipment are exported to Asian markets and Pacific countries. SIBAT director Brig. Gen. (Res.) Shmaya Avieli said that new transactions with Turkey are being evaluated. "The export to Turkey never stopped and remains reasonable," Avieli said. (Yoav Zitun)

Last edited:
nowadays tayyip fears that he will have to face the same fate as morsi one day .l hope..this puppet has to play anti semite in political arena to get more popularity ,which will turn to more votes the next election

the reality is like this
Israeli defense exports reached all-time high in 2012 - Israel News, Ynetnews

The defense export control division (SIBAT) in the Ministry of Defense revealed that defense equipment export has increased in the past year and reached an all-time high and amounted to $7.4 billion, in comparison to $5.8 billion in 2011.

Most arms and equipment are exported to Asian markets and Pacific countries. SIBAT director Brig. Gen. (Res.) Shmaya Avieli said that new transactions with Turkey are being evaluated. "The export to Turkey never stopped and remains reasonable," Avieli said. (Yoav Zitun)

Seems like the people of Turkey are much more comfortable with a supporter of the MB than the people of Egypt.

Oh I am not trying to convince you of anything, just the attempt to belittle it with oh small and weak Israel is compared to the Arab states is bogus. Israel has a much admire intelligence network and has been very effective far beyond it's size and across continents. It certainly wouldn't be the first time Israel acted as a go between, they didn't have to 'force' Egypt's military to do anything, simply tell them they have a green light and logistical support if needed, more than likely quite a few files on key MB leaders to share, a few templates and checklists to help marginalize the MB leadership.

I'd say Israel is far more important and influential in this as they share a border, many other nations can be onboard with toppling the MB, especially after the Constitution was up for grabs, but Israel is right there ready to assist where most of the other regional states can barely keep their populations in order, much less lend a hand.

You can go on the interwebz and find a conspiracy theory on just about anything. Using that as an excuse to then deny everything is as foolish as 90% of the conspiracies.

I've yet to read any conspiracy theory that isn't possible. It's the lack of evidence in a particular instance and repeated use of the same scapegoat to lend credibility to the conspiracy where no actual evidence exists that leads me to wryly dismiss it.

In other words, I have no more reason to believe that Israel was behind Mubarraks ousting than I do them ousting Morsi, though the goals are contradictory and require a lot of repeated success that would awe the largest and richest states for a nation that is relatively small and has limited resources. Could they do one? Maybe. Could they do them all? No hope. So without any real evidence why should I lend my credence?

I've yet to read any conspiracy theory that isn't possible. It's the lack of evidence in a particular instance and repeated use of the same scapegoat to lend credibility to the conspiracy where no actual evidence exists that leads me to wryly dismiss it.

In other words, I have no more reason to believe that Israel was behind Mubarraks ousting than I do them ousting Morsi, though the goals are contradictory and require a lot of repeated success that would awe the largest and richest states for a nation that is relatively small and has limited resources. Could they do one? Maybe. Could they do them all? No hope. So without any real evidence why should I lend my credence?

I don't recall asking you to lend anything. I did say your attempt to downplay Israel's stellar espionage performance in the past. To claim a 'tiny' nation like Israel can't reach far and wide and most effectively is absurd.

Now why would Israel want Mubarrak out of power? For that matter why would Israel want an Arab Spring with all it's untidy politics? And most assuredly why would Israel want the MB in charge of any nearby state?

You are smart enough to know all of the above would NOT be what Israel would work toward so why ever try to use it in the discussion?

So logically Israel wouldn't want to do them all like you try and claim, they would only be interested in pushing MB back into it's hole and establishing a stable neighbor again. In Egypt's case stability traditionally comes from a man in uniform, not one in a suit and tie.

It is possible for Israel to influence the toppling of Morsi and help the military run the country- again. Not saying it did happen that way but far more believable than the smoke screen scenarios you offer.

I don't recall asking you to lend anything. I did say your attempt to downplay Israel's stellar espionage performance in the past. To claim a 'tiny' nation like Israel can't reach far and wide and most effectively is absurd.

Now why would Israel want Mubarrak out of power? For that matter why would Israel want an Arab Spring with all it's untidy politics? And most assuredly why would Israel want the MB in charge of any nearby state?

You are smart enough to know all of the above would NOT be what Israel would work toward so why ever try to use it in the discussion?

So logically Israel wouldn't want to do them all like you try and claim, they would only be interested in pushing MB back into it's hole and establishing a stable neighbor again. In Egypt's case stability traditionally comes from a man in uniform, not one in a suit and tie.

It is possible for Israel to influence the toppling of Morsi and help the military run the country- again. Not saying it did happen that way but far more believable than the smoke screen scenarios you offer.

I'm not downplaying anything as I said its possible as all conspiracies are but there is no example in Israels espionage history that compares to effecting regime change in an 80 million strong country. Nor did you ask me to lend credence, the Turkish PM did.

And ask the UAE security chief why he believes that. Mubarrak led a squadron in the Israeli-Egypt war. Payback so the claim goes. Certainly Assad getting his hand tied up benefits Israel. That's the problem with the "who benefits" argument, it can be designed to argue any case with any actors.

I'm not downplaying anything as I said its possible as all conspiracies are but there is no example in Israels espionage history that compares to effecting regime change in an 80 million strong country. Nor did you ask me to lend credence, the Turkish PM did. And ask the UAE security chief why he believes that. Mubarrak led a squadron in the Israeli-Egypt war. Payback so the claim goes. Certainly Assad getting his hand tied up benefits Israel. That's the problem with the "who benefits" argument, it can be designed to argue any case with any actors.

Affecting? Again you over reach, more like helping 'restore' stability. fact is we won't KNOW til far after the fact. Still does sit well within the realm of possibility, who would have thought Israel capable of sending a commando force to Uganda and rescue hostages in a foreign land? Or rounding up Nazis in South America... I'd say the fact they never have in the past means very little.

I can't find any combat service record for Mubarak. Which war did he lead a squadron of what type of aircraft? Seeing how most Israelis and Egyptian leaders served in some capacity, the current Israeli PM is remarkable in the fact he never served in the military, I don't see why/how the Israelis took forever to go for payback, hell he made Egypt a peaceful border and good ally against radical Islam that Saudi Arabia never was.

Israel much prefers a dictator who keeps the peace over a democracy that allows the likes of the MB to gain political power.

Even you can't argue that....

he doesnt represent the real Turkey

So how come in present day Turkey Jews are afraid they will be recognized as such? Why do they sneak into synagogues and hide their star of david neckless? How come Jewish immigration to Israel from Turkey is raising?

So how come in present day Turkey Jews are afraid they will be recognized as such? Why do they sneak into synagogues and hide their star of david neckless? How come Jewish immigration to Israel from Turkey is raising?

this is a lie .

Back
Top Bottom